IG

the Price of Regular Gas is RISING FAST

(edited)

UPDATE:   As everyone on this board knows,  a week ago,  on December 7th,  the OPEC members agreed to a PRODUCTION CUT.

At the time,  i stated that i DO NOT BELIEVE THEY WILL ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE PRODUCTION CUT,  AND THAT THE CUT WAS A PR STUNT.

That was then,  and this is NOW.

As of today,   one week later on 12/14/2018,  the price of oil is only .75 cents higher that it was on December 7th.

If any of the OPEC members have actually made any of the cuts they promised,  IT HAS HAD NO AFFECT ON THE MARKET PRICE PER BARREL SO FAR.

So,   you would think that is good news for consumers, RIGHT ?

WRONG...

The price per barrel of WTI & Brent are practically the same a week later.

NONETHELESS,   GREED KICKED IN,  AND GASOLINE WHOLESALERS ALL INCREASED THE PRICE OF GASOLINE AS IF THE CUTS HAD ACTUALLY BEEN MADE !!!

Here in north Florida,  on December 8th,   the price of gasoline jumped from $1.98 per gallon,  to $2.19 cents per gallon.

FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN WHOLESALER GREED.

To repeat,  the price per barrel of oil has not risen,  so why increase the retail price of gasoline ?

The GREED was probably done in anticipation that the OPEC cuts would be executed.

They apparently haven't been so far.

REALITY IS SINKING IN,  AND SO IN THE PRICE OF GASOLINE.

On Tuesday,  December 11th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.19 to $2.18 per gallon.

On Wednesday,  December 12th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.18 to $2.17 per gallon.

On Thursday,  December 13th,    the price of gasoline dropped from $2.17 to $2.16 per gallon.

And today,  Friday,  December 14th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.16 to $2.15 per gallon.

You get the picture.

The WHOLESALERS are slowly dropping the price back to the $1.98 that it was.

At the current rate,  it will take them 2 more weeks to reach $1.98 per gallon.

And they will continue to rake in a very large profit in the mean time.

Edited by Illurion

1 hour ago, Illurion said:

UPDATE:   As everyone on this board knows,  a week ago,  on December 7th,  the OPEC members agreed to a PRODUCTION CUT.

At the time,  i stated that i DO NOT BELIEVE THEY WILL ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE PRODUCTION CUT,  AND THAT THE CUT WAS A PR STUNT.

That was then,  and this is NOW.

As of today,   one week later on 12/14/2018,  the price of oil is only .75 cents higher that it was on December 7th.

If any of the OPEC members have actually made any of the cuts they promised,  IT HAS HAD NO AFFECT ON THE MARKET PRICE PER BARREL SO FAR.

So,   you would think that is good news for consumers, RIGHT ?

WRONG...

The price per barrel of WTI & Brent are practically the same a week later.

NONETHELESS,   GREED KICKED IN,  AND GASOLINE RETAILERS ALL INCREASED THE PRICE OF GASOLINE AS IF THE CUTS HAD ACTUALLY BEEN MADE !!!

Here in north Florida,  on December 8th,   the price of gasoline jumped from $1.98 per gallon,  to $2.19 cents per gallon.

FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN RETAILER GREED.

To repeat,  the price per barrel of oil has not risen,  so why increase the retail price of gasoline ?

The GREED was probably done in anticipation that the OPEC cuts would be executed.

They apparently haven't been so far.

REALITY IS SINKING IN,  AND SO IN THE PRICE OF GASOLINE.

On Tuesday,  December 11th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.19 to $2.18 per gallon.

On Wednesday,  December 12th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.18 to $2.17 per gallon.

On Thursday,  December 13th,    the price of gasoline dropped from $2.17 to $2.16 per gallon.

And today,  Friday,  December 14th,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.16 to $2.15 per gallon.

You get the picture.

The retailers are slowly dropping the price back to the $1.98 that it was.

At the current rate,  it will take them 2 more weeks to reach $1.98 per gallon.

And they will continue to rake in a very large profit in the mean time.

I own a shell station, and I can tell you you're way wrong. Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J.mo said:

Ok.  I am wrong all the time.  Just ask my Wife.

But,  please explain.  Tell us more from what you see as a Station Owner.

Sounds interesting.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Illurion said:

Ok.  I am wrong all the time.  Just ask my Wife.

But,  please explain.  Tell us more from what you see as a Station Owner.

Sounds interesting.

Yes, please do explain.  We have not been able to nail this process down so far on the site.

22 hours ago, J.mo said:

Silly me.   I write things,  and i edit things,  and i proofread things,  and sometimes is still don't see a mistake.

I just realized what my mistake in the UPDATE above was,  I USED THE WORD "RETAILER" INSTEAD OF "WHOLESALER".

It is the GASOLINE WHOLESALER that is making a killing at this time,  not the corner gas station RETAILER.

Sorry.

I am getting old.

Will correct the update.

• Like 1

update:

Today,  the price per barrel of WTI and Brent are lower than yesterday.

AND

Today,  Saturday  12/15/2018,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.15 yesterday to $2.13 today.

In addition,  as further evidence that last weeks price increases were pure GREED,    THE PRICE OF DIESEL "DID NOT GO UP,  BUT HAS CONTINUED TO GO DOWN THROUGH-OUT THIS TIME. 

On 12/7/2018,  Diesel was selling for $2.86,  and today it is $2.81...

• Like 1

update:

Today,   Sunday,  12/16/2018,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.13 yesterday,  to $2.10 today.

Since the OPEC "CUT" announcement on 12/7/2018,  Brent and WTI are practically unchanged,  but wholesalers spiked the price from $1.98 to $2.19. on 12/8/2018.

Hoping it continues to drop back to the $1.98,  and less.

Heres an example for you. Oil, down today. Gasoline, down today. Dow? Creamed. 

Heres a price quote today from shell. Up 23 cents.  Explain this. But the public would outcry would of course be towards the retailer. 

Screenshot_20181217-155236_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, J.mo said:

Heres an example for you. Oil, down today. Gasoline, down today. Dow? Creamed. 

Heres a price quote today from shell. Up 23 cents.  Explain this. But the public would outcry would of course be towards the retailer. 

Screenshot_20181217-155236_Gallery.jpg

Thank you for sharing.  First time I've ever seen someone give real evidence of station price information.

update:

Continuing to fall back to "pre-cut" level.

Today,  12/18/18,  the price of gasoline dropped from $2.10 on 12/16/18 to $2.07 today.

Diesel dropped from $2.81 to $2.79.

The price of WTI & Brent are down $5 per barrel over the last week.

As of today,  12/20/2018,  the price of gasoline has dropped from $2.07 yesterday to $2.05 today.

Merry Christmas:

I am happy to report that as of today, 12/24/2018,  the price of gasoline dropped to $1.97 per gallon today here in North Florida.

That is once cent less than the $1.98 price on 12/7/2018,  when OPEC announced production cuts, and the price went to $2.19.

Will we see $1.90 by 12/31/2018 ?

5 hours ago, Illurion said:

Merry Christmas:

I am happy to report that as of today, 12/24/2018,  the price of gasoline dropped to $1.97 per gallon today here in North Florida.

That is once cent less than the $1.98 price on 12/7/2018,  when OPEC announced production cuts, and the price went to $2.19.

Will we see $1.90 by 12/31/2018 ?

Ibpaid $1.88 today. Woohoo!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2018 at 1:16 AM, Rodent said:

Ibpaid $1.88 today. Woohoo!!!!!

Hello all,  and Happy New Year:

Where i live in North Florida,  as of today,  1/1/2019,  the price of gasoline is $1.92 per gallon,  and $2.69 for diesel.

My past tracking data for local gasoline prices compared to the WTI price at the time, shows me that the current WTI of $45.50,  the price of gasoline should be about $1.80 right now,.

So,  unless there is some market change,  the price of gasoline should continue to drop.

From above,  it appears that Rodent is already paying closer to what it should be.

Rodent,  please mail me 60 gallons of your $1.88 gasoline.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2019 at 6:57 PM, Illurion said:

Hello all,  and Happy New Year:

Where i live in North Florida,  as of today,  1/1/2019,  the price of gasoline is $1.92 per gallon,  and $2.69 for diesel.

My past tracking data for local gasoline prices compared to the WTI price at the time, shows me that the current WTI of $45.50,  the price of gasoline should be about $1.80 right now,.

So,  unless there is some market change,  the price of gasoline should continue to drop.

From above,  it appears that Rodent is already paying closer to what it should be.

Rodent,  please mail me 60 gallons of your $1.88 gasoline.

Thanks.

Gasoline was $1.81 here just two days ago. Now $2.05. 

Gasbuddy today says gasoline prices (at the pump, retail) may climb 35% by May. Get it while you can!

• Upvote 1

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Gasbuddy today says gasoline prices (at the pump, retail) may climb 35% by May. Get it while you can!

How much would it cost to fill up the tank on Maxine W.......... :)  

Haven't seen you around much lately, Rodent.  Holidaying somewhere away from computers and websites?

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 1

Gasoline refining processes  to blend ie. California will dictate the price to a state, then the state and federal government tax the max a state will accept.  I believe California wanted to add another gasoline tax and it was voted down by an overwhelming majority.  Transportation from the refinery to your area also has costs tacked on to the price at the pump.    

So many factors effect the pump price of gasoline and diesel. I've seen differences of over  $.20 a gal within a few miles of each other. This is apples to apples. E10 to E10, top tier to top tier etc. Currently prices in central Oklahoma are under $1.70, and I believe they'll stay there for a while baring some crisis. No one knows how much oil the US can and will produce in foreseeable future. Exports (US) will start driving refined products up at some point I imagine, but sub $1 gas is not out of the question in some areas. 

1.81 at Arkansas Pass, TX Walmart yesterday.

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, Dan Warnick said:

I'm talking about at the pump.  You know, when you pull in to Huck's self serve and fill it up?

On 11/18/2018 at 7:33 AM, John Gammage said:

We just filled up yesterday outside Houston for $1.99/gal. The price of gasoline, or crude for that matter, is set by supply and demand, plus a little crystal ball gazing in the case of the latter. Anyone who says that they can control these prices is a fool (and you should not pay such utterances any attention). 

You have to remember also that the further away from the supply the station is the further a truck has to bring it to fill that stations tanks up, transport costs are usually by the mile. I drove truck for a couple of years and if you are in Illinois you are paying more because of the state taxes per gallon. The only state that has higher taxes on gasoline I believe is Pennsylvania, and I refused to buy fuel there at more than a dollar higher because of those taxes. I believe that Oklahoma had the lowest tax per gallon so anytime I was there I would top everything off before I left, and Texas is on the low side too as far as taxes go on fuel. I haven't been to California in over a year, but I know the taxes there were kinda crazy too, and didn't they just have another increase at the end of last year? I refused to go there as an owner operator because of the fuel taxes and other issues that are present in California....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

29 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

You have to remember also that the further away from the supply the station is the further a truck has to bring it to fill that stations tanks up, transport costs are usually by the mile. I drove truck for a couple of years and if you are in Illinois you are paying more because of the state taxes per gallon. The only state that has higher taxes on gasoline I believe is Pennsylvania, and I refused to buy fuel there at more than a dollar higher because of those taxes. I believe that Oklahoma had the lowest tax per gallon so anytime I was there I would top everything off before I left, and Texas is on the low side too as far as taxes go on fuel. I haven't been to California in over a year, but I know the taxes there were kinda crazy too, and didn't they just have another increase at the end of last year? I refused to go there as an owner operator because of the fuel taxes and other issues that are present in California....

Aha!  You're a trucker?  Years ago I used to drive rigs around my area related to farming and construction, nothing long haul.  Loved it!  I mean truly loved it.

So, I've been waiting for the opportunity to ask a trucker what they think of the very real possibility that semis could be one of the first targets for auto-drive implementation.  What do you guys see out in the field?  Do you know what real world testing is going on and how effective, or not, it is?  Are the trucking companies pushing for auto-drive, as one would expect?  Anything else you can think of about that would be of interest to us go-kart drivers?

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Upvote 1

Circle K north of Peoria Diesel 2.399, filled bus, cost 265.00, cheapest in long time. 1/4/19

Regular unleaded 1.949. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

My Wife paid $1.70 for E-10 at Walmart in Lafayette Louisiana today. 

Edited by Tom Blazek

On 1/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Rodent said:

Bummer:

It is still $1.92 here in North Florida as of today, 1/4/2019.  Diesel is $2.68.

5 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Bummer:

It is still $1.92 here in North Florida as of today, 1/4/2019.  Diesel is $2.68.

Hi Illurion.  I lived Margate FL and worked in Miami for a couple of years back in the last century.  Considering that Florida had no state income tax, can we assume that consumer taxes on things like gas and diesel are generally higher than other states that do have income taxes?

• Upvote 1