Rodent

Santa Drives A Tesla, Not a Sleigh-- I KNEW IT.

In a twist of events that should probably not be discussed until after Thanksgiving (because we all know that we mustn't ever speak of Christmas until Thanksgiving has been properly observed and given its due attention), SANTA apparently now drives a Tesla instead of a sleigh, according to MLive, which apparently scooped me. But I would like to say that I suspected as much as early as two years ago, I'm sure WAY BEFORE Mr. Nikos Frazier, whoever he is, but Tesla couldn't be bothered to confirm the rumor at that time.  What JERKS!!!! I feel slighted. Who will avenge me by not buying a Tesla?? I hope Santa got a subsidy. Those things are pricey!

Capture.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

With global warming, there is not enough snow left to use the sleigh.

Does anyone want to adopt a reindeer ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

I would gladly adopt a reindeer, although around these parts, said reindeer might get offed during hunting season, which is now. While reindeer are not included in the huntable species list, mistakes do happen.

I do wish the global warming hysteria would tone it down a bit. The bottom line is that it is an economical issue, nothing more. People can stomp up and down screaming for change, but really, too many people want change only if they don't have to pay for it. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rodent said:

I do wish the global warming hysteria would tone it down a bit.

The Politically Correct term these days is Climate Change, I believe.  Supposedly 100% caused by pesky humans using hydrocarbons.

Probably renamed because the actual "warming" bit has proven to be not quite what Al Gore warned it was going to be.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rodent said:

In a twist of events that should probably not be discussed until after Thanksgiving (because we all know that we mustn't ever speak of Christmas until Thanksgiving has been properly observed and given its due attention), SANTA apparently now drives a Tesla instead of a sleigh, according to MLive, which apparently scooped me. But I would like to say that I suspected as much as early as two years ago, I'm sure WAY BEFORE Mr. Nikos Frazier, whoever he is, but Tesla couldn't be bothered to confirm the rumor at that time.  What JERKS!!!! I feel slighted. Who will avenge me by not buying a Tesla?? I hope Santa got a subsidy. Those things are pricey!

Capture.PNG

Oh, my oil, this is the best thing I've seen so far this month! No, year! Do you have a fan club or should I set up one?

• Like 2

And those horrible gas spewing reindeer, pooping all over the world as they fly by. I want to know if Tesla has set up enough charging stations to keep the sleigh running all night. Or maybe the magic of Christmas keeps it charged...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SERWIN said:

And those horrible gas spewing reindeer, pooping all over the world as they fly by. I want to know if Tesla has set up enough charging stations to keep the sleigh running all night. Or maybe the magic of Christmas keeps it charged...

I suspect that the elves are responsible for planning out what cities/towns Santa needs to charge his sleigh. 

• Like 1

(edited)

On 11/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, Guillaume Albasini said:

I am sitting up here in Vermont and it is snowing right now!  And it has been snowing for the past two weeks!  And the temp tomorrow night is headed for six degrees Fahrenheit, and on Thursday, Thanksgiving, will not get above 12 degrees F. and will sink to one degree overnight. 

I now have a foot (of snow) on the land, another foot coming, and the ski hills will be alive to the sound of skis (and gunfire, it is deer rifle season), and we are still way away from the start of Winter!  "Global warming"?   No sign of it here.  Brrrr!

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Like 1

I'll take the snow and cold over the fall mud any day. I also have nothing against adopting a reindeer. Can we use reindeer waste as biofuel?

38 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

I'll take the snow and cold over the fall mud any day. I also have nothing against adopting a reindeer. Can we use reindeer waste as biofuel?

Yup, sure can!   Any poop can be dried and will burn just fine in an industrial boiler.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I am sitting up here in Vermont and it is snowing right now!  And it has been snowing for the past two weeks!  And the temp tomorrow night is headed for six degrees Fahrenheit, and on Thursday, Thanksgiving, will not get above 12 degrees F. and will sink to one degree overnight. 

I now have a foot (of snow) on the land, another foot coming, and the ski hills will be alive to the sound of skis (and gunfire, it is deer rifle season), and we are still way away from the start of Winter!  "Global warming"?   No sign of it here.  Brrrr!

Expect my daughter with the first flight I can find out of here. She's seven and she's a handful but as long as there's snow she won't be any trouble. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

On 11/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, Jan van Eck said:

You should send some of your snow to Santa in Lapland...

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/santa-claus-crisis-there-s-no-snow-in-lapland-1-8714357

The home of Santa Claus is without snow around a month before Christmas, leaving holidaymakers anxious and prompting travel operators to postpone trips. Families hoping for a picture-perfect visit to Lapland were left wondering if their holidays would be spoiled as webcam images from the region showed barely any patches of white around a week before the winter season begins.
Edited by Guillaume Albasini

(edited)

1 hour ago, Guillaume Albasini said:

You should send some of your snow to Santa in Lapland...

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/santa-claus-crisis-there-s-no-snow-in-lapland-1-8714357

The home of Santa Claus is without snow around a month before Christmas, leaving holidaymakers anxious and prompting travel operators to postpone trips. Families hoping for a picture-perfect visit to Lapland were left wondering if their holidays would be spoiled as webcam images from the region showed barely any patches of white around a week before the winter season begins.

Right now as I am typing this, which is 0600 AM on Friday morning, it is -18 C. and I have about one-half meter of snow outside the front door.  WInter enough for you?

It was so cold that my car would not start, I had to install a new battery, a seriously big one with 1,050 CCA  (Cold Cranking Amperes) and  190 Ampere-hours reserve (20 hour rating).  That battery is seriously BIG  (weighs 57 lbs, or  26 Kg.).  That was a real bear to shovel in there!

I am hooking the old battery, which still has plenty of life left, to an Inverter in the basement, so I have the power to run the furnace in case the electric wires come down in a winter storm. That happens every year.   Might as well be ready.  Brrr!

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, Jan van Eck said:

and we are still way away from the start of Winter!  "Global warming"?   

Don't be like rTump and confuse weather and climate.

3 minutes ago, DA? said:

Well, well.  I see the mystery man is trolling me.   Although our boy claims to have worked and lived on four continents,  nobody ever heard of him, nobody knows what he does, where he lives, and what his connection might be to the oil and gas industry.  Our mystery man is a complete Ghost.  All anybody can figure out is that he posts his cute missives from the town of Carassone, in  the far South of France, vaguely on a line between Toulouse and Montpellier.  And what,pray tell, sits in Carassone, France, as far as oil and gas goes?  Oh, I know:  there's that Total gasoline station on the edge of town, and the houses are heated with gas.  But that's it.

So who set this troll up in business?  The GRU?  Iranians?  Hackers in Estonia?  Come on, DA, come clean and tell us more. And by the way, I am neither for nor against Mr. Trump, other than to observe that he was fairly elected, not like your handlers. Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DA? said:

What should we relate to climate change?  The price of chewing gum?  Bot, I digress.  If the weather does not relate to climate change, what does?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Well, well.  I see the mystery man is trolling me.   Although our boy claims to have worked and lived on four continents,  nobody ever heard of him, nobody knows what he does, where he lives, and what his connection might be to the oil and gas industry.  Our mystery man is a complete Ghost.  All anybody can figure out is that he posts his cute missives from the town of Carassone, in  the far South of France, vaguely on a line between Toulouse and Montpellier.  And what,pray tell, sits in Carassone, France, as far as oil and gas goes?  Oh, I know:  there's that Total gasoline station on the edge of town, and the houses are heated with gas.  But that's it.

So who set this troll up in business?  The GRU?  Iranians?  Hackers in Estonia?  Come on, DA, come clean and tell us more. And by the way, I am neither for nor against Mr. Trump, other than to observe that he was fairly elected, not like your handlers. Have a nice day.

Dam I've been busted. OK, it was Hillary, LGBT, Greens, liberals, N. Korea, Iran, Musk and the Wombels (Great Uncle Bulgaria Coburg is my handler) are my pay masters. We in the bat cave have devised a plan to take over the world by pointing out falsehoods within the fossil fuel world. You're trying to look to deep, theres no conspiracy.

I'm not hidden, but trying to locate me is somewhat weird and disturbing. But no I've not worked in the oil or gas world, energy world yes.

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

What should we relate to climate change?  The price of chewing gum?  Bot, I digress.  If the weather does not relate to climate change, what does?

Nice try. If you don't understand the relation between weather and climate, there are some courses you can take on line that will explain this to you.

11 minutes ago, DA? said:

Nice try. If you don't understand the relation between weather and climate, there are some courses you can take on line that will explain this to you.

"the relation between weather and climate".

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, DA? said:

Dam I've been busted. OK, it was Hillary, LGBT, Greens, liberals, N. Korea, Iran, Musk and the Wombels (Great Uncle Bulgaria Coburg is my handler) are my pay masters. We in the bat cave have devised a plan to take over the world by pointing out falsehoods within the fossil fuel world. You're trying to look to deep, theres no conspiracy.

I'm not hidden, but trying to locate me is somewhat weird and disturbing. But no I've not worked in the oil or gas world, energy world yes.

See, here's the thing, "DA?"  (which is a bit of a weird moniker, to be sure),  this is a professional  information-exchange website where the participants are mature, responsible people. You show up and start off with addressing President Trump as "rTump,"  which is something you would find on Yahoo.com.   This is not Yahoo.com.  We don't use insulting and derogatory salutations here, does not matter whether or not you like this President.   Then you talk about how your son "looks like the milkman,"  implying that your wife slept with the milkman.  Who talks about that (even if it were true)?   Then you start trolling other posters about your version of "climate change."  

What you are is someone who is deliberately disruptive.  What motivates you to be disruptive and rude?  Why would you attack other posters with comments laced in derision?  You imply you are English but there is no trace anybody can find.  Then you are tracked electronically to some obscure and sleepy village in the South of France, which is not on the Med Shore and nobody English would have any reason to go sit there. 

If somebody wants to know about me then that is easy enough to do. You can put a phone call in to the Governor of Vermont, he knows me personally, along with a whole slew of city officials and State Cabinet persons.  Or you can put in a call to the former President, Mr. Bush; he has known me for decades. Or you can call up the Olympic gold medalist Don Schollander, or the former Ambassador to Australia,  Robert McCallum, Jr., another guy who has known me for decades. Or you can put a call in to the Deke Club  (inside the Yale Club) in New York City.  There are lots of people who will vouch for me.   But there is nobody out there that knows anything about You.  Now, why is that?

Tell you what:  you can Private Message me with a scan of your passport, your driver's permit, your French residency permit,  some Article you have published - anything to establish bona-fides.  You don't have to do that, of course, but then I consider you busted, and there is no logical reason for anyone to respond to whatever defilement or provocation you go post on here.   We do not do your trolling. 

Anybody got any popcorn?  I've got dibs on the recliner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

See, here's the thing, "DA?"  (which is a bit of a weird moniker, to be sure),  this is a professional  information-exchange website where the participants are mature, responsible people. You show up and start off with addressing President Trump as "rTump,"  which is something you would find on Yahoo.com.   This is not Yahoo.com.  We don't use insulting and derogatory salutations here, does not matter whether or not you like this President.   Then you talk about how your son "looks like the milkman,"  implying that your wife slept with the milkman.  Who talks about that (even if it were true)?   Then you start trolling other posters about your version of "climate change."  

What you are is someone who is deliberately disruptive.  What motivates you to be disruptive and rude?  Why would you attack other posters with comments laced in derision?  You imply you are English but there is no trace anybody can find.  Then you are tracked electronically to some obscure and sleepy village in the South of France, which is not on the Med Shore and nobody English would have any reason to go sit there. 

If somebody wants to know about me then that is easy enough to do. You can put a phone call in to the Governor of Vermont, he knows me personally, along with a whole slew of city officials and State Cabinet persons.  Or you can put in a call to the former President, Mr. Bush; he has known me for decades. Or you can call up the Olympic gold medalist Don Schollander, or the former Ambassador to Australia,  Robert McCallum, Jr., another guy who has known me for decades. Or you can put a call in to the Deke Club  (inside the Yale Club) in New York City.  There are lots of people who will vouch for me.   But there is nobody out there that knows anything about You.  Now, why is that?

Tell you what:  you can Private Message me with a scan of your passport, your driver's permit, your French residency permit,  some Article you have published - anything to establish bona-fides.  You don't have to do that, of course, but then I consider you busted, and there is no logical reason for anyone to respond to whatever defilement or provocation you go post on here.   We do not do your trolling. 

You have serious issues if you are stalking me, which seems to be the case. Now I may well be disruptive, rude and am derisive but you sir are coming on in almost a threatening way. Who the hell tracks someone down like that?

Send a person like you a scan of my passport are you mad?

You can think of me busted if you like, if that makes your seriously strange mind happier. But I am who I am. If my comments upset you with different opinions and bringing in scary things like renewables and pointing out EV's are becoming main stream I suggest you get professional help. I thought I was supposed to be a snow flake.

36 minutes ago, DA? said:

Then you are tracked electronically

Well done you managed to use Facebook, almost an international spy. But seriously that's stalking.

Jeez, how about everybody calm down and have some egg nog instead. It's Thanksgiving weekend, and Black Friday shopping mania should be in full swing to help make Santa's Tesla sleigh bulge with presents.

• Like 2