I know we're seeing a lot reports right now about the longevity of MBS, and 'rumors' that senior royals are reconsidering him for King. I think this is all sensational, lazy reporting--most likely. MBS is far too powerful even for his father, King Salman, right now. I wouldn't be fooled by these reports. There is a reason for them, and a reason such rumors are being leaked ... but I'm not buying it. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

I know we're seeing a lot reports right now about the longevity of MBS, and 'rumors' that senior royals are reconsidering him for King. I think this is all sensational, lazy reporting--most likely. MBS is far too powerful even for his father, King Salman, right now. I wouldn't be fooled by these reports. There is a reason for them, and a reason such rumors are being leaked ... but I'm not buying it. 

Oh, I LOVES ME A GOOD CONSPIRACY! DO TELL!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There are plenty of people who would like this rumor to gain traction, not the least of which will be family members themselves, who are slightly delusional at this point. The CIA note pinning the Khashoggi murder gave someone an opening for this, but it wasn't a big enough opening. The White House isn't doing anything about it. It's really just the Turks keeping up the pressure right now for negotiating leverage. It's in the interest of many parties just to keep the uncertainty going, not the least of which would be Qatar and Iran. Spreading these rumors has no end but maintaining the uncertainty for a bit longer. 

• Upvote 1

Gentle reminder, the CIA is not your friend.  Any "intelligence" reports and recommendations from that bunch of spooks should be read with a boatload of scepticism.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Any "intelligence" reports a d recommendations from that bunch of spooks should be read with a boatload of scepticism.

and with a wad of tinfoil to fashion into a hat ? 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

and with a wad of tinfoil to fashion into a hat ? 😉

Hey, my wad of tinfoil is useful  : )  On other internet locations I've been involved in information battles, so I tend to have a slightly different perspective compared to many others (in addition to my mostly-controlled dyslexia and inconsistent ambidexterity due to being left handed twice and right handed twice and ending up being mostly a righty these days).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Hey, my wad of tinfoil is useful  : )  On other internet locations I've been involved in information battles, so I tend to have a slightly different perspective compared to many others (in addition to my mostly-controlled dyslexia and inconsistent ambidexterity due to being left handed twice and right handed twice and ending up being mostly a righty these days).

Nice....You'll get it sorted out, I'm sure.  But I didn't know you identified as an extreme Leftist while leaning to the extreme Right, but whatever works!

image.png.4961b8ca6762589c3f172f178466afc9.png

• Like 1