(edited)

In an earlier column, readers overseas benefited from this writer’s forecast that crude oil prices would fall dramatically because most commodity traders got it wrong. Simply, this column’s analysis was the buying of oil assumed a shortage would result once the sanctions against Iran would be activated the first week of November.   

President Trump wanted lower oil prices with OPEC and Saudi Arabia pumping more. Two weeks ago, a call from the Middle East confirmed readers of the column had followed the analysis in the Energy Magazine and sold Brent oil — and profited.  

Oil has slumped under $60 as the delusion of a shortage vanished. In the November issue column, this writer made a call: the oil price would reach $50 as a low. There is no change in that forecast. The price in the commodity market for WTI crude would touch in the very high $40 range before the Saudi-led production cut-back is realized. Why? Again, too much capacity to produce too much oil for demand. For more of the article use this link-> -- The great article by Dr. Daniel Fine linked to ---

Edited by bluewill
Post not linked

6 hours ago, bluewill said:

In an earlier column, readers overseas benefited from this writer’s forecast that crude oil prices would fall dramatically because most commodity traders got it wrong. Simply, this column’s analysis was the buying of oil assumed a shortage would result once the sanctions against Iran would be activated the first week of November.  

Can you post a link to the article where this prediction is made? If any person that predicted Trump would not follow through with the sanctions I would like to read as they clearly have very good contacts. I suspect however this writer merely got lucky and predicted lower oil price with totally unrelated reasoning.

2 hours ago, jaycee said:

Can you post a link to the article where this prediction is made? If any person that predicted Trump would not follow through with the sanctions I would like to read as they clearly have very good contacts. I suspect however this writer merely got lucky and predicted lower oil price with totally unrelated reasoning.

I see a link at the end of his article; it's not clickable but I went there and I can provide some color. The article is touting the expertise of a certain individual with the initials of "D.F."  I will not type his name here as I do not want to give him any  search engine 'juice.' I think he may be bogus. The poster, "Bluewill" in this thread may also be bogus. I say all of this because over the past few years, there is a continuing onslaught of propaganda written to the internet espousing the expertise of this DF guy. On other forums, it was ridiculously obvious that the posts were bogus attempts at publicity for D.F.

I have no idea what D.F. is up to, but it is apparent to me that he has paid trolls or paid computer scripts that post all over the internet about how smart he is.

There ya go, some real world observations from someone who reads countless articles each week on energy issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaycee said:

Trump not follow through with what he said he would do. That's pretty much his mode operandi.

• Like 1