"Despite a high likelihood of dying even before arriving and daily conditions hostile to human life, Elon Musk said in an interview Sunday that he’ll probably move to Mars.

The SpaceX and chief executive said there’s a “70 percent chance” he’ll get to Mars within his lifetime, with plans to permanently resettle on the Red Planet. Musk said his desire to colonize Mars is driven by the same passion that fuels people to climb mountains — for the challenge.

“We’ve recently made a number of breakthroughs that I am just really just fired up about,” Musk said during an interview with “Axios on HBO.”

Or he knows something the rest of us don't and he's running away early. Sorry, that must be my paranoia speaking after the discussion about AI.

3 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

"Despite a high likelihood of dying even before arriving and daily conditions hostile to human life, Elon Musk said in an interview Sunday that he’ll probably move to Mars.

The SpaceX and chief executive said there’s a “70 percent chance” he’ll get to Mars within his lifetime, with plans to permanently resettle on the Red Planet. Musk said his desire to colonize Mars is driven by the same passion that fuels people to climb mountains — for the challenge.

“We’ve recently made a number of breakthroughs that I am just really just fired up about,” Musk said during an interview with “Axios on HBO.”

Or he knows something the rest of us don't and he's running away early. Sorry, that must be my paranoia speaking after the discussion about AI.

I hope they don't have Twitter on Mars

3 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Was he smoking during that interview?

image.png.ecdd5c5d06e3a4b71cb415f0ea3fc100.png