JJ

WTI now @50.60 headed for $41 - $34

Actually, you are wrong, most traders that i watch, barely being able to get a 10 cents trade and are very impressed when they do, and usually, tell the world, they just made 10 cents. I am beginning to understand why they don't get it, it's not that they are not smart, many of these traders are former successful business people or computer programmers,  One very good trader, doesn't trade futures, but he always hedges, so he's long and short, so though he is considered profitable, its only because he decides which trades to keep. But since day trading is so difficult for people due to high volatility, even when they get lucky and enter a trade that goes their way, it ends being a loss, which is why they sometimes get out with a 10 cent profit. Generally the traders I find today who are good, and they are very few, are the stock day traders, and most dont really have a youtube following. Still trying to find a profitable forex or futures trader or educator, doubt I will ever find one.

(edited)

On 1/28/2019 at 8:39 AM, GMarwin said:

Look up Uncle_Ted on Instagram, I bet you’d like him. He posts his live account (forex) trades here and there. He also owns his own brokerage https://www.instagram.com/uncle_ted_/?hl=en

Edited by A/Plague

well we did not get a hod yesterday after the lod. But Crude is still headed to 55+ 

• Upvote 1

i dont know        if i said yesterday we would hit 55 today, but its getting close. The problem is what comes next.

• Like 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Top Oil Trader said:

i dont know        if i said yesterday we would hit 55 today, but its getting close. The problem is what comes next.

/

Edited by A/Plague

Well from the 55 range which it did hit already, it should tank. So prices could range from 54.80 to 55.20 and sometime later today, tank hard, 53 - 52.

unfortunately not a big enough selloff, after FOMC. But it did drop from 55 to low 54s. But for some reason, they sill want the oil to go up if they can break 55 again, (likely), then 60 won't be out of reach. What a ride form 76 to 42 due to supply, and now from 42 to maybe soon 60, still with oversupply, but I guess no one cares. This is why its hard to trade oil, many times prices make no sense, and why hedge funds disappear by the dozens monthly.

My first post here since joining :) Interesting site with lots of news and information.

I have tried trading oil on and off over the last 18 months or so and have lost a fair bit more than I have gained... I have slowed down and tried some new strategies recently, only to currently be holding onto a sell position opened at $52.37 and a buy at $54.06 to try and carefully manage.

I am looking to close the buy shortly to take some profit in the thought that it'll head down to the $54 mark again shortly, where I can open another buy in case it rockets up. As JJ stated though, it seems so unpredictable at the moment as I would have thought the price would have come back down to the lower 50's due to the news of the upcoming Permian Pipeline as well as the iran supply coming back up and the high US supply. I really don't know if there is anything else I am missing that's causing such unpredictability...

Obviously I would like to be closing out my $52 position sometime soon as I don't see prices sticking around the low-mid 50's for too much longer. I am hoping we will still see another dip or two bouncing off the $52-52.30 region before we start a full on up trend, but now we are past the $54 mark I don't like my chances!

• Like 1

(edited)

On 1/31/2019 at 3:16 AM, Top Oil Trader said:

unfortunately not a big enough selloff, after FOMC. But it did drop from 55 to low 54s. But for some reason, they sill want the oil to go up if they can break 55 again, (likely), then 60 won't be out of reach. What a ride form 76 to 42 due to supply, and now from 42 to maybe soon 60, still with oversupply, but I guess no one cares. This is why its hard to trade oil, many times prices make no sense, and why hedge funds disappear by the dozens monthly.

Edited by A/Plague

On 11/28/2018 at 8:22 PM, Top Oil Trader said:

if you want to talk fundamental, which is no problem. Lets look at the facts. Canada is selling crude now at $20. At the permian basin they are giving countries a $10 discount. Shows some major problem in keeping prices at least at market. So something is going on, that they are almost giving crude away, this of course will lead to much lower prices. Also Trump even now when prices are $2 at the pump want price to go even lower, my guess is, if he can get it to $1.50, that should put crude at the high 30s.

so in that case crude oil wouldn't go higher if Canada supplied the usa instead of Venezuela ?

• Like 1

I haven’t traded in 7-8 years, but made a long bet on Brent now. 

Don’t really know what I’m doing, but feel the world is used to higher prices. Don’t see producers willing to sell below 60 for a long time. I dont know the % of production with cost above 50? I guess nobody knows. 

Is american shale oil traded as brent or wti?

On 1/27/2019 at 12:49 PM, Top Oil Trader said:

Actually, you are wrong, most traders that i watch, barely being able to get a 10 cents trade and are very impressed when they do, and usually, tell the world, they just made 10 cents. I am beginning to understand why they don't get it, it's not that they are not smart, many of these traders are former successful business people or computer programmers,  One very good trader, doesn't trade futures, but he always hedges, so he's long and short, so though he is considered profitable, its only because he decides which trades to keep. But since day trading is so difficult for people due to high volatility, even when they get lucky and enter a trade that goes their way, it ends being a loss, which is why they sometimes get out with a 10 cent profit. Generally the traders I find today who are good, and they are very few, are the stock day traders, and most dont really have a youtube following. Still trying to find a profitable forex or futures trader or educator, doubt I will ever find one.

ifundtraders.com and Oliver Velez is my coach.  Him and Dr. Dan.  I'm amazed everyday.