Trump & Xi meeting-before and after

Seems like U.S. stocks remained lower at midday Thursday focusing on this weekend meeting between U.S. President Dondald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping. The U.S.-China trade spat will be foremost in investors minds, as investors await developments from the G-20 summit, set to begin Friday in Buenos Aires, and which will include a face-to-face meeting between Trump and Xi.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average YMZ8, -0.11% fell 83 points, or 0.3% to 25,286, while the S&P 500 SPX, -0.11% retreated 8.2 points, or 0.3% to 2,736. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.11% fell 26.28 points, or 0.4% to 7.265.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally cant wait for meeting's bloopers. Stock will recover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Seems like U.S. stocks remained lower at midday Thursday focusing on this weekend meeting between U.S. President Dondald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping. The U.S.-China trade spat will be foremost in investors minds, as investors await developments from the G-20 summit, set to begin Friday in Buenos Aires, and which will include a face-to-face meeting between Trump and Xi.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average YMZ8, -0.11% fell 83 points, or 0.3% to 25,286, while the S&P 500 SPX, -0.11% retreated 8.2 points, or 0.3% to 2,736. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.11% fell 26.28 points, or 0.4% to 7.265.

markets were up over 600 yesterday for crying out loud! They will close green again today...trade deal means nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Trump's Thursday twit is saying negotiators have concluded two acceptable versions of a trade deal. First a comprehensive deal where tariffs are off, he misses the money. Second a cease fire deal , the tariffs remain. But again, I see no policy shaping from his tweets alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ajan Bosnjacki said:

I think Trump's Thursday twit is saying negotiators have concluded two acceptable versions of a trade deal. First a comprehensive deal where tariffs are off, he misses the money. Second a cease fire deal , the tariffs remain. But again, I see no policy shaping from his tweets alone. 

just another Good Cop, Bad Cop, charade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support Trump's stance on holding China's feet to the fire for change. I don't support Trump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

4 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

I support Trump's stance on holding China's feet to the fire for change. I don't support Trump

I would like to see Trump talking about our farmers. 

Edited by Hajga Loma DK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Seems like U.S. stocks remained lower at midday Thursday focusing on this weekend meeting between U.S. President Dondald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping. The U.S.-China trade spat will be foremost in investors minds, as investors await developments from the G-20 summit, set to begin Friday in Buenos Aires, and which will include a face-to-face meeting between Trump and Xi.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average YMZ8, -0.11% fell 83 points, or 0.3% to 25,286, while the S&P 500 SPX, -0.11% retreated 8.2 points, or 0.3% to 2,736. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.11% fell 26.28 points, or 0.4% to 7.265.

All international deals are made by negotiators before the top leaders meet. Xi would cancel the meeting if no deal had been reached beforehand. A failed meeting would embarrass both Xi and Trump.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0