jose chalhoub

Macron at a crossroads with rising riots and protests over gasoline and nuclear

(edited)

Peak climate change has been reached in my opinion. the plan was this, Hillary in the White House, Paris climate deal inked and goes full steam ahead. Middle and lower classes get squeezed as taxes start to rise to fight climate change. The plebs dont react because they thought that everyone was committed to the climate change thing and would willingly give up luxuries to save the planet (vastly overestimated the number of people who are actually willing to give up cars, heating,etc, possibly due to social media and the echo chamber effect).

The plan has not been entirely successful, hence the fake news hysteria along with investigating tech companies (they were fine before Trump).

Check out the Solar Minimum predictions as well, quite interesting and almost never talked about in the MSM. I wonder why.

Edited by Arjun
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

People seem to be waking up a bit...

461a09e8ccea75f5e5af0096c70576cf1e2184a1804242647c42ecc2a28165ed.jpg

hahaha!! This is amazing!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, shadowkin said:

"after the fiascos and mass deaths of 9/11 in New York"   You mean mass murder? It's clear what you're about. You ever think that those Syrian Christians fleeing Syria might have something do to with "the local muslim folks".

You have no idea what I am about. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arjun said:

Check out the Solar Minimum predictions as well, quite interesting and almost never talked about in the MSM. I wonder why.

The reason is because... wait for it

... the climate science community has been all over it for a very, very long time and it's a complete and utter furphy.  So maybe the MSM as you call it has already dabbled in it, only to be badly burnt by being left out in the cold.

Here's a quick take-away: irradiance at decadal levels has been on the decline since the 1970s.  So despite receiving progressively less energy since then, the planet has continued to warm.   You would have be talking about a Milankovitch cycle to see a difference in the present climate as it were.

5 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

What about holocaust? Is that also a muslim conspiracy? 

What????  How in the heck did you go there??  WHY did you go there??  There are lots of ways to argue a point, but if you have to say, "oh yeah, what about the holocaust?" you have lost the narrative.

4 hours ago, Arjun said:

Peak climate change has been reached in my opinion. the plan was this, Hillary in the White House, Paris climate deal inked and goes full steam ahead. Middle and lower classes get squeezed as taxes start to rise to fight climate change. The plebs dont react because they thought that everyone was committed to the climate change thing and would willingly give up luxuries to save the planet (vastly overestimated the number of people who are actually willing to give up cars, heating,etc, possibly due to social media and the echo chamber effect).

The plan has not been entirely successful, hence the fake news hysteria along with investigating tech companies (they were fine before Trump).

Interesting take.  Anyone wanting me to believe in what they're selling, better be selling it so that I can at least SEE IT.  Otherwise it falls in the category of Noah's Ark, the Tooth Fairy, et al.  Sorry, but that is my reality.  Come to think of it, I'm not sorry, that is my reality.

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

What????  How in the heck did you go there??  WHY did you go there??  There are lots of ways to argue a point, but if you have to say, "oh yeah, what about the holocaust?" you have lost the narrative.

How is this different from pointing out other evils in European history such as the crusades? Pls explain to me. The general narrative that many want to portray is how immigrants are to blame for everything. No immigration = happy societies. I give you 1940 - 1945. No immigration, but definitly not a happy Europe. 

1 hour ago, Red said:

The reason is because... wait for it

... the climate science community has been all over it for a very, very long time and it's a complete and utter furphy.  So maybe the MSM as you call it has already dabbled in it, only to be badly burnt by being left out in the cold.

Here's a quick take-away: irradiance at decadal levels has been on the decline since the 1970s.  So despite receiving progressively less energy since then, the planet has continued to warm.   You would have be talking about a Milankovitch cycle to see a difference in the present climate as it were.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Seriously.

Why can't we just look at the 3 fingers pointed at ourselfes first? 

2 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Interesting take.  Anyone wanting me to believe in what they're selling, better be selling it so that I can at least SEE IT.  Otherwise it falls in the category of Noah's Ark, the Tooth Fairy, et al.  Sorry, but that is my reality.  Come to think of it, I'm not sorry, that is my reality.

I was a great climate change believer (AGW), but I saw this documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCQv5tNsQ, it blew my mind.

Most of these youtube videos are random clips put together by people, but this is an official documentary interviewing actual experts along with data. I would like to know if anyone here can refute what this video says.

13 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Dan, you don't grasp the subtle irony that Rasmus tends to enjoy.  He loves to write that stuff.  He is not being serious, it is all dead-pan humor.  Cheers!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Suggesting that there is no tooth fairy is crossing the line. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Back to Macron:

"French MPs launch NO CONFIDENCE vote amid nationwide anger and riots"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1055152/Macron-news-france-crisis-protests-end-of-macron-no-confidence-vote

unhappy with his predecessor, now unhappy with him. French citizenry just fed up in general?

Donald Trump IS a trend-setter.  There, that ought to shake the tree a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

Donald Trump IS a trend-setter.  There, that ought to shake the tree a bit.

image.png.785e6ee750bd62f4df7b40442d535ad1.pngshake, shake, shake!

• Like 1

(edited)

(Pssst.  Rodent?  Is it true?)

Edited by Dan Warnick

12 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

(Pssst.  Rodent?  Is it true?)

I'd like to think so, and Rasmussen says so, but I have a healthy skepticism of any poll. Rasmussen, I believe, has a reputation (justly or unjustly, I know not) for being Republican-biased to the tune of 3.9 points. Who knows. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, mthebold said:

The greater violence in Germany is what gives me hope for them.  Some of my ancestors are Prussian, others Frisian, and much of that culture is retained here in the US.  The Germanic tribes - which encompass more than Germany itself - tend to be a reasonable bunch until we're pushed too far.  Put simply, you show me a Germanic community, and I'll show you people who don't suffer fools.  We're already seeing evidence that the Germans have been pushed too far; I wouldn't be surprised if the next election begins to reverse immigration policy.  

I would also note that all this love, tolerance, and unfettered immigration was possible because nearly every advanced, Western nation signed on for it, but that's no longer the case.  The US, Britain, and Brazil have already turned Right.  Meanwhile, France, Germany, and Italy are on the verge of rejecting immigration, and Eastern Europe - Poland esp. - was never stupid enough to swallow it in the first place.  If a significant fraction of European women begin to feel uncomfortable, that will be the end of it.  For all the talk of patriarchy, Western women get what they want - and they value their safety above all else.  I don't think the wishful thinking will survive long. 

As an added bonus, this is the first time Northern European populations have experienced Middle Eastern dickery in a serious way.  With luck, they'll reach the conclusion every experienced nation reached before them: some ideologies are incompatible with Western Humanism and not to be tolerated.  

Sorry for the delay in responding.  was in the hospital again.   Congestive heart Failure.  Died again.  Defibrillator brought me back.

I agree with your sentiments that this is the first time in modern history  (since the Spanish moors at least) that Europeans are having to deal with a large Muslim enclave.

Muslims do not integrate with Christians,  or anyone,  for that matter.

They sit there and GROW,  as a solid, " indigestible rock",  in the gullet of the victim nation.

Eventuality,  the victim nation dies (is conquered) ,  or the Muslim "rock" is surgically removed  (revolution).

The closest in modern history would be Muslim Bosnia.    Yugoslavia was a totalitarian state that existed for 50 years containing different member-states comprised of different religions.   Marshall Tito kept it all together by the use of BRUTE FORCE...  When he died,  the country broke up,  and the religious wars began.   Bosnia,  Croatia,  etc.   Many hundreds of thousands died before an equilibrium was established.

The strange thing here is that normally,  THE MUSLIMS INVADE BY FORCE...  BUT THIS TIME,  GERMANY, AND FRANCE,  UNDER THE DIRECTION OF EU BUREAUCRATS,  "INVITED THE MUSLIMS IN."    Very foolish decision.    Millions may die because of it eventually.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 8:28 AM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Who is being patronizing and condesending again? 

Uh...?... YOU ?

ps:   you typo'd "condescending" .  please use spell-check.

15 minutes ago, Illurion said:

ps:   you typo'd "condescending" .  please use spell-check.

Thank goodness bad spelling isn't one of the community guideline offenses. 

8 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Thank goodness bad spelling isn't one of the community guideline offenses. 

LOL..   You are right.  I am guilty.  It is a generational thing i believe.   When i was in school many,  many,  many decades ago,  the Teachers stated that "formatting, punctuation,  and spelling" WERE EVERYTHING.

These days,  everyone abbreviates,  or skips transitional words all together.

The problem is the Koran.    It contains many passages under the category of jihad.

The Koran teaches NOT to integrate.  The Koran teaches to KILL all non Muslims.

Read "Satanic Verses"  for examples of these passages.

Over the last 2000 years,  the BIBLE has been CHANGED....   edited into newer versions that remove such things that could have been interpreted that way.  the latest official version is the "King James."

There is no process in which the KORAN can be changed,  or edited.

The Saudi Royal Family are supposed to be the direct descendants of Mohammad.

Only they could order changes to the Koran with any "authority."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Okay, perhaps we have reached a point in this conversation that calls for a time out.

Is it possible to get this conversation back on the Macron/protester topic? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1