Marina Schwarz

The Great Climate Change Swindle

24 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Meanwhile, the same wealthy elites continue to buy homes as close to the beaches as possible and build hotels there. The government offers flood insurance at rates far too low to cover the costs of hurricanes and flooding (not due to global warming). Large portions of North America were once underwater and may well be again. It will have little to do with mankind. The rise of ocean levels will be slow enough that real estate buyers will just clear out the flooded buildings and build a little farther higher up in elevation. Coastal property will always be at a premium and the elites will flock there. 

The real goal of the globalist elites is to control the middle and lower classes. They are for mass migration so they can diminish the middle classes and gain cheaper labor. They are close to their goal and have been for decades. Their hatred of Trump's nationalism is proof of their frustration. Nationalism is now taking hold in Europe, Brazil, and wherever migration is forced on the existing populace. 

Conservatism Around The World https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twQ_yBtl-FPwhXf2mYA7qvGj1D8yts8El0m8nObWxuU/edit

Global Warming AKA Climate Change https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B7YYeQTmESPhjlS_dj4zMTxWOiJhmLjxN1I_1NJcJFY/edit

One World Government AKA Globalism https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8kNhtZJLuN66TpDuo67WBV1U2JhhZIvAefxeMNK0ls/edit

You sum up quite a few things well here ron.

The currency is virtue signalling. Society is pounding these questions home HARD: How pro environment are you? Are you willing to sacrifice for the environment with your wallet? Give up your middle class lifestyle and surrender your income to the government, or do you want to be called a climate change denier? BTW, we are bringing degree holders from around the world to take your kids' jobs too, and offering scholarships to give them significant savings, bc migrant > better than citizen. Can't complain, GDP growth is still strong, corporations are getting that cheap labor!

Green policies are a great way to EXPAND government and make it seem like the EPA is sucking all the CO2 out of the sky by using a giant tax dollar generated vacuum cleaner, when they are really just stuffing their pockets and driving nepotism while funding studies to justify implementation of more regulations to leech from industries and tax payers.

We should keep our water supplies clean, reduce high soot pollution as much as possible, and eliminate plastics from the ocean. These are real environmental issues that are being overshadowed by climate change. The idea that a carbon tax will cool the planet down, however, is absurd. The positive feedback cycle that induces warming is happening with or without our assistance, and for all we know, a volcano eruption could block out the sun and cause a mini ice age next year. (like the one ~ 400 years ago)

I would take environmentalists more seriously if they were more concerned about the factors I mentioned in the previous paragraph rather than focusing so much attention on EV's, subsidies, regulations, carbon tax, fuel taxes, etc. Climate change narrative is a means of justifying and giving a blank check to governments around the world to ensure control over the masses, I think that people are starting to wake up.

• Great Response! 3

32 minutes ago, NatGasDude said:

Are you willing to sacrifice for the environment with your wallet? Give up your middle class lifestyle and surrender your income to the government, or do you want to be called a climate change denier?

No logic to that.

BTW, we are bringing degree holders from around the world to take your kids' jobs too, and offering scholarships to give them significant savings, bc migrant > better than citizen. Can't complain, GDP growth is still strong, corporations are getting that cheap labor!

And there are fairies in your garden.

Green policies are a great way to EXPAND government and make it seem like the EPA is sucking all the CO2 out of the sky by using a giant tax dollar generated vacuum cleaner, when they are really just stuffing their pockets and driving nepotism while funding studies to justify implementation of more regulations to leech from industries and tax payers.

Green investment is presently one of the greatest areas of employment growth across the world.  

We should keep our water supplies clean, reduce high soot pollution as much as possible, and eliminate plastics from the ocean. These are real environmental issues that are being overshadowed by climate change.

Not where I live.... It's the opposite.

The idea that a carbon tax will cool the planet down, however, is absurd. The positive feedback cycle that induces warming is happening with or without our assistance, and for all we know, a volcano eruption could block out the sun and cause a mini ice age next year. (like the one ~ 400 years ago)

Ummm, no, no and NO.  Without a price on carbon the present rate of CO2 accumulation in the atmosphere will continue.  You clearly don't understand climate because a positive feedback cycle has to be predicated on something else - so what would that be?  And no single volcano is likely to do more than a few years damage (Lakiin  blew in 1783, over a decade after the 1770 cold interval began and in 1815 Tambora only caused "the year without a summer”.  You should have mentioned the series of massive eruptions over 800 years ago to win that point.)

I would take environmentalists more seriously if they were more concerned about the factors I mentioned in the previous paragraph rather than focusing so much attention on EV's, subsidies, regulations, carbon tax, fuel taxes, etc.

I think you have confused an environmentalist with, ummm... an environmentalist.

Climate change narrative is a means of justifying and giving a blank check to governments around the world to ensure control over the masses, I think that people are starting to wake up.

If so, please explain which government/s will get the loot you are talking about, and exactly what will they do with it that will "control the masses" that they have not been able to do so far.

13 hours ago, Red said:

There was zero logic to the claim.  Climate change need not have been a consequence of industrialisation/progress.

Moreover, the probable consequences of climate change now suggest an opposite future.

I appreciate the suggestion.  Thanks.

9 hours ago, NickW said:

Why - many politicians on the right view it as an efficient way of driving down CO2 emissions. The tax can be fiscally neutral by offsetting other taxes elsewhere. 

Its often been suggested that a worthwhile use of the carbon tax would be to offset payroll taxes - reduce the cost of employing people. 

There are people with bad ideas on every side of the aisle. The carbon tax would have raised the price of every product that depends on fossil fuels, making life harder for everyone. Nowadays, the tax is plainly useless, because renewables are cheaper than fossil fuels and continue to get cheaper. Solar is on an exponential track to replace everything.

But the politicians NEED to gesticulate, otherwise people would think that they are not needed.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

When have you seen the government do what they say they're going to do with new tax streams?  I thought so.