2 hours ago, Red said:

Can you not understand that for C&I the manufacturer's specs is the real world, but in vehicles a lab test specification is merely a guide?

Have you ever purchased valves from Emerson? I doubt it when you have come back to me and we can talk sensibly.

6 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Have you ever purchased valves from Emerson? I doubt it when you have come back to me and we can talk sensibly.

Address the specific issue.  

It's not helpful that you prefer to cherrypick.

Just now, Red said:

Address the specific issue.  

It's not helpful that you prefer to cherrypick.

Just copying those I am arguing with.

11 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Just copying those I am arguing with.

If you are using control equipment which does not meet specified standards or conformity requirements then I would wonder your reasons.

Yet again you sidestep the principal issue.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Can you briefly explain the relevance to the fuel economy of ICE and EV cars? 

Just now, NickW said:

Can you briefly explain the relevance to the fuel economy of ICE and EV cars? 

None but since you pair were talking crap I thought I would join in.

1 minute ago, Red said:

If you are using control equipment which does not meet specified standards or conformity requirements then I would wonder your reasons.

Because the client wants the plant built in a hurry and will accept compromises. You have no idea of how the real world works in engineering nor does the other one who thinks he is an engineer because he has a wife who is one.

Just now, jaycee said:

Please explain why you believe the manufacturers specs for fuel economy are spot on when even the manufacturers issue disclaimers😄

2 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Classic avoidance from you  - usual tactic when someone does not know better.

Just now, NickW said:

Please explain why you believe the manufacturers specs for fuel economy are spot on when even the manufacturers issue disclaimers😄

To be honest I can't be bothered. Do an engineering degree come back and we can discuss the real world.

Just now, Red said:

Classic avoidance from you  - usual tactic when someone does not know better.

Nope am bored talking to you so I am getting flippant

Just now, jaycee said:

Because the client wants the plant built in a hurry and will accept compromises. You have no idea of how the real world works in engineering nor does the other one who thinks he is an engineer because he has a wife who is one.

And you are completed deluded if you think manufacturers specs for vehicle fuel economy represent real life fuel economy for the consumer. 

What they do is measure fuel economy against a common lab test to which all cars have to perform for regulatory purposes. This is quite different from actual economy out on the road under real conditions. 

Just now, NickW said:

And you are completed deluded if you think manufacturers specs for vehicle fuel economy represent real life fuel economy for the consumer. 

please show me the quote where I said that.

1 minute ago, jaycee said:

Yes I do. 

I also know that if an engineer fails to use products/equipment known to be deficient (ie not fit for purpose) then the project will not be insured.  In other words, if it fails, the company responsible for building it gets sued to the max and will not be covered.

To be honest I can't be bothered. Do an engineering degree come back and we can discuss the real world.

Aha - when all else fails there is always that standby - the  forum 'crucifix' 🤦‍♀️😄😄

1 minute ago, NickW said:

Aha - when all else fails there is always that standby - the  forum 'crucifix' 🤦‍♀️😄😄

Yup shows I have worked in the real world with real engineering problems and seen the ways they can and do go badly wrong.

please show me the quote where I said that.

You quoted the Peugeot 108 as having a fuel economy of 69mpg against the 5Km / kwh for the leaf.

Aside from the fact this golf buggy is not a fair comparison all the consumer real life tests show economy in the low 50's for the 108. 

(edited)

Yup shows I have worked in the real world with real engineering problems and seen the ways they can and do go badly wrong.

So why do you dispute the point about manufacturers specs for fuel economy? 

Edited by NickW
typo

S plan or Y Plan? 

Just now, NickW said:

You quoted the Peugeot 108 as having a fuel economy of 69mpg against the 5Km / kwh for the leaf.

Aside from the fact this golf buggy is not a fair comparison all the consumer real life tests show economy in the low 50's for the 108. 

You said 'And you are completed deluded if you think manufacturers specs for vehicle fuel economy represent real life fuel economy for the consumer. ' show me where I said that. Dont infer it as usual. 

7 minutes ago, jaycee said:

BTW, if you call yourself an engineer and are happy with that statement, then you are an utter disgrace.

Just now, Red said:

BTW, if you call yourself an engineer and are happy with that statement, then you are an utter disgrace.

lol you have no idea dear boy none whatsoever, the client approves all the deviations they want the plant urgently we just point them out. 

OK I am really bored now and have early start so I will love you and leave you both we will talk again no doubt on another thread

Ta Ta

Just now, jaycee said:

lol you have no idea dear boy none whatsoever, the client approves all the deviations they want the plant urgently we just point them out. 

Get over yourself.  I have the legal authority to issue critical defect notices over certain types of valves which are not compliant and require the defects to be immediately rectified.  I also fully understand the legal consequences on all the parties.  I can only assume your are dealing with authorities which place no value on human life.

• Upvote 1

I have recalculated the figures based on 'manufacturers specs'. 

Leaf is 1.023 MJ /KM (based on 8.31km/kwh) 

108 is 1.43 MJ / KM (based on 69mpg😄)

So even though the Leaf is a bigger car and has much better acceleration its fuel economy is 72.5% of that of the 108.