Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZF

Google robo-taxi service launched

Waymo has announced (with not a lot of press) the launch for the first time of a paid robo-taxi service in Phoenix Arizona, for 400 people. Waymo has bought 60 000 Chrysler Pacifica and 20 000 Jaguar i-Pace. I wonder when they will scale up and use all those cars. But now it's started, the genie is out of the box, we'll see in this test how the public responds. Autonomous Electric Vehicles are thought by some analysts to be able to bring up an early peak in oil demand, as soon as 2020.

https://slate.com/business/2018/12/waymo-one-google-self-driving-taxi-service-phoenix.html

(edited)

Happy to hear that, I heard about this project some months ago, but I didn’t think it will be finally launched. The Guys came with a really nice idea, and the Jaguar I-Peace is amazing. Even there already is a similar service available in the US, a new cab service with an entire fleet of electric cars is something really great. This company will have lower prices because they are completely electric, and people will rather choose an electric car than a car on gas because electricity is cheaper.

Edited by Ouallan