Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

A New Crisis in the Middle East: Iraq Is Trying To "drive away" Iranians?

Iraq goverment is under new challenge. Western allies wants to see pro iranians Shi‘ite militia commanders out of game.  They are openly loyal to Teheran and their role in fight against ISIS was important. Few months ago, prime minister Haider al - Abadi had try to weakening the militias, but, Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned him to stop. Certainly, each attempt to isolate Shiite for  Iraq means new and big conflicts. 

Iran is pretty much the only thing keeping Iraq together right now. Definitely agree: trying to sideline the shi'ites will be all-out war. 

The Mullahs of Iran had spend a lots of money in the war in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon and funding the terrorists across the globe and now they are facing the results. Iran will not give up from its role in Iraq. And every attempt by Iraq to take them away from it territory will bring new blood in that country.

I think this "final countdown" is came in the wrong time. Of course, if all the information about this is correct.

For those who "pressed" Iraqi Prime Minister, this is the right moment....

Ahead of Iraq’s May parliamentary elections, Iranian-backed militias announced the formation of a coalition called al Fatah al Mubin. Iran is setting itself up to shape the next Iraqi government from the inside. 

I am watching old footage from the Iraq-Iran War - what a brutal war.....

I was reading about the death toll and I am still in shock. It is one of the least discussed wars in the Middle East; yet, arguably the most important and mostly deadly of them all.

You’re right. I just checked some article that said half a million to 1.5 million on Iran side. What number do you have?

I saw 1.5 million-2 million. I couldn’t believe it. Three quarters of the casualties were Iranian. Those human wave attacks by the IRGC and Iranian Army were crazy. Soldiers as young as 14 running without weapons towards Iraqi trenches; it’s a zeal I don’t understand. Fanatics, as it today.

All wars are brutal....

Iraq was a good buffer zone against Iran. But, Iran is pretty strong in this countrie

The influence of Iran In the region is dangerous : and after elections in Iraq they will have place in Parliament....

Iran wants hegemony in the region.(Iraq, Syria, Yemen...) Look how they oppress their own people. 

You forgot Libya. And, connection between Russia and Iran in Syria

Not only are they strong, but they're basically calling the shots at this point. More than any other external actor.