Tom Kirkman

Paris Is Burning Over Climate Change Taxes -- Is America Next?

I am simply astonished that this article was published in Forbes.

Paris Is Burning Over Climate Change Taxes -- Is America Next?

Keep in mind that the unrest in France was triggered by a looming 25-cent hike, which is a little less than 10% more in taxes than French drivers already pay. To meet the $49 per gallon tax hike recommended by the U.N., fuel taxes in France would have to go up 17-fold.

The violent protests in France were fueled by intense frustration felt by a middle class that sees itself squeezed. They don’t earn enough to be part of the elite unconcerned with fuel taxes, but they work hard enough that they don’t qualify for the generous welfare benefits handed out to the nation’s poor and to newly arrived immigrants from Africa and the Middle East.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

My additional comment...  as already opined repeatedly last week, the carbon tax was just the spark that started the unrest.  The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

They want to tax the air (CO2) that humanity exhales. Insanity.

Removing or delaying Macron's carbon tax won't resolve other larger, simmering issues.

Take note of this letter from French Generals to Macron (translation provided below).

It appears that Macron has lost the support of his military, as well as the people.

Stick a fork in Macron, his globalist agenda is done, at least in France.  

Globalist plans for a nation-less world have run into difficulty.

https://www.minurne.org/billets/19275

0272dd5d24da58c99954d8abc2f7ce1c0e1aa8d3ce78a15c887d33f91c3bc4c9.png

Translation:

Mister President,

You are about to sign the "Global Compact on Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration" on 10 and 11 December, which establishes a genuine right to migration. It may impose itself on our national legislation through pre-existing treaties or the principle of common responsibility set out in this pact.

It seems to us that the only sovereignty left to France will consist in freely setting the way in which the objectives of the pact will have to be implemented. You can not give up this new part of the national sovereignty without a public debate when 80% of the French population considers that it is necessary to stop or drastically regulate the immigration. By deciding alone to sign this pact, you would add an additional reason for revolt to the anger of an already battered people. You would be guilty of a denial of democracy or treason against the nation.

In addition, the finances of our country are drained and our debt is growing. You can not take the risk of a costly migration air call without having previously shown that you will not have to resort to higher taxes to meet the objectives of the Pact. On the other hand, you must be able, in terms of security, to curb the consequences of the arrival of extra-European populations. Finally, you can not ignore that the very essence of politics is to ensure security abroad and harmony within. But this harmony can be achieved only on condition of maintaining a certain internal consistency of society, the only way to permit the will to "do together", which becomes more and more problematic today.

In fact, the French state is late in coming to realize the impossibility of integrating too many people, in addition to totally different cultures, who have regrouped in the last forty years in areas that no longer submit to the laws of the Republic.

You can not decide alone to erase our civilizational landmarks and to deprive us of our carnal homeland.

We therefore ask you to defer the signing of this pact and call the French to vote by referendum on this document. You are accountable to the French for your actions. Your election is not a carte blanche (unlimited discretionary power to act).

We support the initiative of General MARTINEZ against the signature of this pact which is set to be adopted by the Member States of the UN at the Intergovernmental Conference of Marrakech.

Général Antoine MARTINEZ

Charles MILLON – Ancien Ministre de la Défense

Général Marc BERTUCCHI

Général Philippe CHATENOUD

Général André COUSTOU

Général Roland DUBOIS

Général Daniel GROSMAIRE

Général Christian HOUDET

Général Michel ISSAVERDENS

Amiral Patrick MARTIN

Général Christian PIQUEMAL

Général Daniel SCHAEFFER

Général Didier TAUZIN

Colonel Jean Louis CHANAS

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

It really is impressive they are still protesting, even after Macron went back on the tax hike. It should've worked but it didn't.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

28 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

It really is impressive they are still protesting, even after Macron went back on the tax hike. It should've worked but it didn't.

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

My additional comment...  as already opined repeatedly last week, the carbon tax was just the spark that started the unrest.  The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

They want to tax the air (CO2) that humanity exhales. Insanity.

Removing or delaying Macron's carbon tax won't resolve other larger, simmering issues.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Marina it’s all about momentum the fuel tax was a catalyst the spark to ignite the massive underlying discord in France with the have and have nots. Passive manifestation rarely gets a result, the French are famous for these types of militant rallies which normally always get a result. Not good to see the violence but in reality it’s the only way for any public to get immediate results from ruling government. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

He didn't go back on the tax hike; he delayed it by 90 days.  No resolution offered.  Kick the can and hope for the best!

• Like 1

I suggested that the government will be done if the military follows the lead of the police, fire and ambulance departments, and somebody bashed me saying the government can not be thrown out.  We'll see.

• Like 1

Exactly. I'm not sure they saw this coming. Which is impressive in a negative way.

1 hour ago, Dan Warnick said:

He didn't go back on the tax hike; he delayed it by 90 days.  No resolution offered.  Kick the can and hope for the best!

You're right. That must have played a role, too.

• Like 1

This situation could be far worse.  The French are a generally unarmed people.

1 hour ago, TXPower said:

This situation could be far worse.  The French are a generally unarmed people.

But, if the police and military won't fight, then a pitchfork, a bottle of (imported) wine and a loaf of week old bread will do just fine.  Also, they do like their FIRE, the French!

• Like 1

Dear All, 

this is a very complex matter that strectches far beyond carbon tax. In the words of Rex Tillerson

"I will be honest with you, it troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues, that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson said.

He said that the comment was not a criticism of Trump.

"It's really a concern that I have about us as Americans and us as a society and us as citizens," he said.

This can by the way be said about a of people. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

this is a very complex matter that strectches far beyond carbon tax.

No, it isn't.  To quote a line from a great movie: "Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it; Bob's problem is that he can't sell it."  (Bob lost the election soon thereafter)

Take heed and start doing a better job of selling.  Sharpen your pencils, streamline your supply chain, cut costs, whatever, and bring us a product we can afford, and stop telling us we can't afford not to.  We have enough problems as it is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

I suggested that the government will be done if the military follows the lead of the police, fire and ambulance departments, and somebody bashed me saying the government can not be thrown out.  We'll see.

The USSR existed as a world military superpower for over 70 years.

30 years ago,   Gorbachev decided to free the Eastern European states the USSR controlled,  and began the process to try to convert the USSR,  which was a "command economy based on oil, weapons, and barter" into a diversified market economy.

He had barely started,  when he was overthrown by "POLITICAL HARDLINERS", who arrested and imprisoned him and his whole family.

Yet,  with 48 hours,  the RUSSIAN PEOPLE finally stood up,  (like what the French are doing right now),  and stormed Moscow to save Gorbachev.

The "Political Hardliners" called out the MILITARY to fire on the RUSSIAN PEOPLE protesting.

The MILITARY TANKS took their positions outside the RUSSIAN WHITEHOUSE.   

BUT,  the servicemen in those tanks,  then joined the PEOPLE,  and TURNED THEIR TANK TURRETS AROUND,  AND SHELLED THE RUSSIAN WHITEHOUSE INSTEAD.

The political hardliners were overthrown,  and Gorbachev was freed.   

Only to be replaced by Yeltzen.

The USSR fell because it did not listen to the people.

30 years later,  Macron and Merkel are doing the same thing.

• Like 4

I agree, Dan. It is actually a classic strategy by politicians to indicate that a problem is too complex to address directly, and simply put band aids or suggest that is being 'worked on' while the bleakness of a situation trends worse and worse.

Like the French Revolution. Louis XIV implemented public works like gas lighting and various other projects, but continued to abuse the people via taxation and inappropriate spending. Using crackdowns against the various Frondes, and kicking the can over to his great grand children to solve. We all saw how that turned out.

Would it really hurt to suspend migration for a few years to work on improving a nation from within? What will become of nations that are continuously abandoned by their best and brightest as well? It's an endless flow from dystopian to 'utopian' nations, until the latter becomes the former.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Dear All, 

this is a very complex matter that strectches far beyond carbon tax. In the words of Rex Tillerson

"I will be honest with you, it troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues, that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson said.

"It's really a concern that I have about us as Americans and us as a society and us as citizens," he said.

I agree with Trump that Tillerson is an idiot.

I also disagree with what Tillerson believes about the American People.

WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE AWARE OF MOST EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND US...!

Tillerson is a typical "STUCK-UP ELITIST,  WHO THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING,  AND THINKS THAT THE "AVERAGE JOE" IS TOO STUPID TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS,   LEAVING THE "ELITISTS" TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE."

just because we "average Joe's" have our own life to live,  and hire politicians to manage governmental things for the common good, doesn't mean we are unaware,  or stupid...!

We need to find a way to ELIMINATE ELITISTS FROM BEING APPOINTED to government jobs.

Term Limits are a good thing, but they only apply to "elected" positions.

A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE USA IS THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TERM LIMITS ON CONGRESS,  AND THE SUPREME COURT.

Once we finally get around to changing our constitution to fix that,  things will get much less corrupt.

ps:  as far as other changes to our Constitution are concerned,  we do NOT need to change the Second Amendment.   We need to change the FIRST Amendment.  We need to "REMOVE FREEDOM OF THE PRESS FROM IT."

The Press should be regulated,  and listed elsewhere in the Constitution.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 2

Here is a good mix of video of protesters in France:

FRANCE: Compilation of violence from the yellow vests in PARIS (and other locations)

Live Leaks is a place to go when you feel that the MSM is not showing you something.  People post some good stuff about events that sometimes gets screened off the MSM.  A lot of it is also available on YouTube, but normally the raw stuff gets taken off pretty quickly.  Live Leaks leaves it up there for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I poked around inside that "liveLeaks" internet channel (which shows the disintegration of French civil order) referenced by Dan Warnick, above, and found a video of a group of migrants, apparently males from the Middle East  (I am guessing Iraq or Afghanistan), who barricaded an articulated bus from proceeding down a street in the St.-Denis sector of Paris.  After stopping the bus, the criminals threw a fire-bomb at it, and burned the bus to the shell.  What is impressive about this is that that bus, which will cost the Paris Government some $750,000 to replace, and its attack was not mentioned in the press.  I conclude from that that attacks on buses, trains, whatever are now so common that they are no longer newsworthy. 

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=002_1470258917

It is unclear how French society can respond to that level of crime.  I would venture to say that internment camps, basically a re-creation of the Gulag, would be plausible.  I do not see an attempt at mass deportation to be successful; there are simply too many of these Eastern migrants to now deport, the physical infrastructure is not there, and whatever was utilized, you can bet it would be destroyed by the same deportees on the first trip out.  The Government would have to body-chain each deportee into a seat if flying out, and place the deportees down into the cargo holds of freighters and bolt the hatches shut, if by ships.  And I just don't see those as being viable options. 

Had France retained control of Algeria, then internment camps for indefinite detention in the Algerian Desert would have been a workable solution - expensive, but workable.  At this point, I rather doubt that Algeria has much interest in importing violence from France. 

One thing is now clear:  these violent Eastern males cannot be allowed to procreate.  Forcing these males to be involuntarily celibate, outside of internment camps, is going to be an unworkable solution.  So:  huge mess. 

Here's your big articulated bus, after the Muslims torched it, to show respect for their new homeland that took them in:

image.png.9b8cc87d1b51dc898452a486212dc830.png

Edited by Jan van Eck
add photo of burned out bus.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Dear All, 

Tillerson is no sage or prophet, he’s not even close to being the best this country has to offer.  He is merely pointing out a very real problem here and in the rest of the world.

The fact is folks are lazy and want instant, easy to digest, information that makes them feel good.  They don’t care where they get their news from or how accurate it is.  They are too lazy to fact check and honestly, it’s getting harder and harder to fact check even if you are so inclined.

Which brings me to the real problem.  The News Media, if they can be called that.  The News Media no longer faithfully search for and report facts, leaving the consumer to logically work through what’s true and what’s not.  Instead, what used to be the 4th Estate has become a weapon of the PC, regressive, thought crime dogmatists.  The News Media have become a tool and what we used to ridicule in the Soviet Union or China for brainwashing the masses.

Until America and the world over quits listening to the cabal controlled news media and maintains more interest in what the Kardashian’s are up to more than what China is doing in the South China Sea, Russia in Ukraine and Syria or Kim Jung Un in North Korea, we will remain dumbed-down and apathetic.

Until, sufficiently woke.  That’s is, made uncomfortable enough to where common folks rise up Qu’ils mangent de la brioche.  And just like that.......

Vive la France 🇫🇷 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TXPower said:

it’s getting harder and harder to fact check even if you are so inclined

This is true, no matter what source you go to for your "feed".  One should think long and hard about what one quotes as fact, and even more so about what they know.  It is usually better to start your comment with something like "I read an article" or according to the research I have been able to carry out" if making a point based on internet based information.  Even "real" research, which one believes to be factually correct based on the old style methods of investigation should be taken with the knowledge that there may be an angle taken by the writers/presenters, and not just the angle of what the findings they present suggest.  Most knowledgeable people understand that the same research can be presented in a number of ways to help, um, make you see what they want you to see while ignoring important opposing, or negative to the presentation, details.  IMHO.

• Like 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I poked around inside that "liveLeaks" internet channel (which shows the disintegration of French civil order) referenced by Dan Warnick, above, and found a video of a group of migrants, apparently males from the Middle East  (I am guessing Iraq or Afghanistan), who barricaded an articulated bus from proceeding down a street in the St.-Denis sector of Paris.  After stopping the bus, the criminals threw a fire-bomb at it, and burned the bus to the shell.  What is impressive about this is that that bus, which will cost the Paris Government some $750,000 to replace, and its attack was not mentioned in the press.  I conclude from that that attacks on buses, trains, whatever are now so common that they are no longer newsworthy. 

It is unclear how French society can respond to that level of crime.  I would venture to say that internment camps, basically a re-creation of the Gulag, would be plausible.  I do not see an attempt at mass deportation to be successful; there are simply too many of these Eastern migrants to now deport, the physical infrastructure is not there, and whatever was utilized, you can bet it would be destroyed by the same deportees on the first trip out.  The Government would have to body-chain each deportee into a seat if flying out, and place the deportees down into the cargo holds of freighters and bolt the hatches shut, if by ships.  And I just don't see those as being viable options. 

Had France retained control of Algeria, then internment camps for indefinite detention in the Algerian Desert would have been a workable solution - expensive, but workable.  At this point, I rather doubt that Algeria has much interest in importing violence from France. 

One thing is now clear:  these violent Eastern males cannot be allowed to procreate.  Forcing these males to be involuntarily celibate, outside of internment camps, is going to be an unworkable solution.  So:  huge mess. 

Here's your big articulated bus, after the Muslims torched it, to show respect for their new homeland that took them in:

I am actually surprised that you wrote this,  as up until now,  you have struck me as an apologist for GLOBALISM and the NEW WORLD ORDER.

I am proud of you.

Everything you wrote is accurate,  and is a damning indictment of how much damage can be inflicted on a Country, and a Culture by following the tenets of Globalism and the New World Order.

Despite what the Globalists say,  the "COUNTRY STATE" model is the most stable form of Government.

And most Countries have a single major religion on which their culture rests.

I do not want to offend you,  but as for the future alternatives that the French face,   i do feel that you have shown yourself to be "weak" in that you have shown a "reluctance to do what needs to be done."

As we discussed in the other discussion,   FRANCE IS A CHRISTIAN CULTURE.   THE MUSLIMS WILL NOT INTEGRATE OR ACCEPT THE CHRISTIAN FRENCH CULTURE.

Someone has to go.

The Muslims WILL NOT GO PEACEABLY.   They never have.

That is why,  for France to survive,  there must be a revolution in which the Muslims are kicked out force-ably.

It will be bloody,  and there will be deaths on both sides.

We are talking about a civil war.   Nothing less.

It is too late for a political solution in France.

That is the future of France.

Frankly,  i believe the native French will lose,  and France will become a Muslim country eventually,  as i do not believe the French people have the guts to do what is necessary.

As for the USA being next.

Our problem with the Hispanic illegal aliens from the south is manageable if we just start enforcing our laws,  and build the wall..    The Hispanic Illegal Aliens are mostly Christian,   and though OFFICIALLY the USA has no 'State Religion",  the reality is that America is a Christian Nation.  So there is no "religious" cultural divide.

As for Muslims in America,  they are a small percentage of the population,  and will also be able to be managed using our existing laws.

There need not be a civil war, or any conflict in the USA at present.

Everything can be managed through a political process.

We just need to get rid of liberal Judges that are preventing us from enforcing our laws.

Trump is working on that problem.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Regarding internment camps I think this is a real possibility. See the movie 'Children of Men' for a visualization of what this might look like or pull up some footage of Israel operating in Gaza/West Bank. Not only these muslims will go in these camps but their Western sympathizers as well. I think you're a little too pessimistic about mass deportation. It can be done but the French certainly won't do it because, well, they're French. I think it will be the US who will do it for Europe with probably a big assist from UK/Germany and maybe Poland. It helps that we already have a large military presence all over Europe.

edit: I'm also surprised at your post based on some of your posts I have seen. Pleasantly surprised.

Edited by shadowkin
update

(edited)

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2018/12/08/sharia-law-a-cautionary-tale/

At the bottom of the page on the above link,  is a really good 4 minute video.

This video is a perfect example of what has been happening in Europe for some time,  and,  after watching the short video,  you can clearly see how it accurately relates to what is happening in France now.

This video is also a perfect example of the BIAS OF THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA...

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY REFERENCE TO THIS VIDEO ON THE BIASED MAIN STREAM MEDIA..

Edited by Illurion
  • Upvote 1

Potential emergency situation unfolding in La Rochelle, France.

A fire has been started near an oil depot:

https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1071915853719965696

The people filming this are in immediate danger, they're standing way too close to the fuel tanks, and they need to move away right now.

20181210_093324.thumb.png.83b37492bb3b997ab7e843c25eca24d5.png

12 minutes ago, Illurion said:

This video is also a perfect example of the BIAS OF THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA...

YOU WILL NEVER SEE ANY REFERENCE TO THIS VIDEO ON THE BIASED MAIN STREAM MEDIA..

That's probably because they also don't reference anything from the Flat Earth Society.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Red said:

That's probably because they also don't reference anything from the Flat Earth Society.

Bot