Tom Kirkman

Paris Is Burning Over Climate Change Taxes -- Is America Next?

2 minutes ago, TXPower said:

Bot

I know more about Sharia than most Muslims, and I know the site you linked to is as loonietoons as they get.

23 minutes ago, Red said:

That's probably because they also don't reference anything from the Flat Earth Society.

Quite the contrary.

The Main Stream Media  (aka:  Fake News )  is CONTINUALLY QUOTING THE BELIEFS OF THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY.

That is why no one trusts the Main Stream Media anymore.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Red said:

I know more about Sharia than most Muslims, and I know the site you linked to is as loonietoons as they get.

Right,  you know more than everyone else...!

I doubt it.

And I posted the above link,  not TXPOWER.

Please go ahead and insult me,  not him.

I am a big boy.

I can take it.

22 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Heading into Darwin Award territory here, guys ... setting fire to a fuel depot and spreading the fires ... is not exactly safe:

https://mobile.twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1071929965405446145

20181210_094259.png

These people aren't too smart.

The problem with what i have seen in the latest video's out of France is this:

The Yellow-vests are almost ALL wearing masks and gloves.

You cannot tell what race they are.

The initial "YELLOW-VEST" protesters were supposed to be Native-French persons protesting the gas-tax,  immigration policy that hurts the native-French, and Governmental Policy that is hurting the native-French.

It appears to me that the majority of the people rioting are probably NOT NATIVE-FRENCH.

Looks like the so-called "immigrants" have taken over the protests,  and are destroying things for the sake of destroying things.

We have people like them here in the USA,  they call themselves the ANTIFA ( anti-fascists),  but they are actually FA  (fascists).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Illurion said:

Right,  you know more than everyone else...!

I never made that claim

And I posted the above link,  not TXPOWER.

My apologies to TXpower for incorrect attribution.

Please go ahead and insult me,  not him.

You are doing fine - but I can help if you like.

I am a big boy.

Is that important?

Guys, please be careful on getting too riled up about religion.  I live in a Muslim majority country, and need to recuse myself as a moderator on this particular topic, due to laws here.

Tag team handoff to mods:

@Rodent @Selvedina

3 minutes ago, Red said:

Is that important?

No more important than you writing:   "I know more about Sharia than most Muslims."

1 minute ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Guys, please be careful on getting too riled up about religion.  I live in a Muslim majority country, and need to recuse myself as a moderator on this particular topic, due to laws here.

Tag team handoff to mods:

@Rodent @Selvedina

agreed.

10 minutes ago, Illurion said:

No more important than you writing:   "I know more about Sharia than most Muslims."

You seem to make a habit of quoting untruths and out of context.

Would you like to add the rest of the sentence, or is that the way you always operate in forums?

14 hours ago, TXPower said:

This situation could be far worse.  The French are a generally unarmed people.

I think that would be far better. They wouldn't be in this situation at all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

It really is impressive they are still protesting, even after Macron went back on the tax hike. It should've worked but it didn't.

Marina, I am not so sure these riots are about the gas-tax.  I mean, that IS what the MSM is telling [brainwashing] us.  However, I found a link [below] that suggests otherwise.  Yes, the list does mention taxation, but the gas tax is not even mentioned on the list.  I have heard the reason that gas-tax is such a problem has to do with what the taxes are funding...not the taxes themselves.  Here is a short list of why the French are rioting:

1. Prevent immigration. 
2. Reduce imports (read: add tariffs) to re-industrialize France.
3. Limit Big Pharma and Hospital influence.
4. Limit state interference in education, health and family.
5. Limit media monopolies and end their interference in politics <===MSM!
6. Make the justice system available to all (not just the rich).
7. Clamp down on tax-evasion of ultra-rich.
8. Leave EU and NATO.
9. Eliminate lobbying of gov't.
10. Break up Big Bank's influence.
11. Help homeless citizens before foreign migrants.

Here is the long list:

https://www.sott.net/article/402396-What-do-the-protesters-in-France-want-Check-out-the-official-Yellow-Vest-manifesto?fbclid=IwAR1qD2ynpSdOOlRhNcpvK0jlO4PqL1Q-kN4ReguXHlgNxEkXD9OtIOKCR70

Disclaimer: I do not speak French, and so I do not know if the translation is accurate; nor could I verify the authenticity of the original source.  Anyone from Paris here on Oilprice to confirm or deny these things?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Epic said:

Disclaimer: I do not speak French, and so I do not know if the translation is accurate; nor could I verify the authenticity of the original source.  Anyone from Paris here on Oilprice to confirm or deny these things?

D838E4DA-CB40-428A-A87B-BF2D0E74CE84.jpeg

See this link for English:

Demands of France's yellow vests as uploaded by France Bleu, November 29

• Like 2

Yes, @Epic. It's become obvious the tax hike was just the spark that ignited everything. I don't follow French politics at home, so at first it came as a surprise. I mean, they are quick to take to the streets on some specific problem and when the government makes concessions, they go back to work. Not this time, though. Might turn out true that macron is out of touch with his people. Where's our French Connection, Alex F, was it?

• Like 1

We have reached peak govt. interference along with peak Climate change. This is it, literally. If they dont back down from this bullshit, everything will go up in flames.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Yes, @Epic. It's become obvious the tax hike was just the spark that ignited everything. I don't follow French politics at home, so at first it came as a surprise. I mean, they are quick to take to the streets on some specific problem and when the government makes concessions, they go back to work. Not this time, though. Might turn out true that macron is out of touch with his people. Where's our French Connection, Alex F, was it?

I was more surprised that their progressive tax on cigarettes Up in smoke wasn't the spark.

In any case, the headline to the thread is as poor as journalism gets.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

I suggested that the government will be done if the military follows the lead of the police, fire and ambulance departments, and somebody bashed me saying the government can not be thrown out.  We'll see.

I believe that somebody was me. That somebody will also be the first to apologise if indeed there is a revolution, new election or Macron steps down. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

No, it isn't.  To quote a line from a great movie: "Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it; Bob's problem is that he can't sell it."  (Bob lost the election soon thereafter)

Take heed and start doing a better job of selling.  Sharpen your pencils, streamline your supply chain, cut costs, whatever, and bring us a product we can afford, and stop telling us we can't afford not to.  We have enough problems as it is.

I don't think I understand? All I said was that this goes way beyond carbon tax. Many others have said the same thing. I just qouted Tillerson because I thought it was funny seeing as we are on an oil forum. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TXPower said:

Tillerson is no sage or prophet, he’s not even close to being the best this country has to offer.  He is merely pointing out a very real problem here and in the rest of the world.

The fact is folks are lazy and want instant, easy to digest, information that makes them feel good.  They don’t care where they get their news from or how accurate it is.  They are too lazy to fact check and honestly, it’s getting harder and harder to fact check even if you are so inclined.

Which brings me to the real problem.  The News Media, if they can be called that.  The News Media no longer faithfully search for and report facts, leaving the consumer to logically work through what’s true and what’s not.  Instead, what used to be the 4th Estate has become a weapon of the PC, regressive, thought crime dogmatists.  The News Media have become a tool and what we used to ridicule in the Soviet Union or China for brainwashing the masses.

Until America and the world over quits listening to the cabal controlled news media and maintains more interest in what the Kardashian’s are up to more than what China is doing in the South China Sea, Russia in Ukraine and Syria or Kim Jung Un in North Korea, we will remain dumbed-down and apathetic.

Until, sufficiently woke.  That’s is, made uncomfortable enough to where common folks rise up Qu’ils mangent de la brioche.  And just like that.......

Vive la France 🇫🇷 

I never said Tillerson was a prophet. I just thought it was funny qouting him on a oil forum. 

re highlight - this is exactly what I was trying to say. Because it applies to both sides of the political spectrum

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Illurion said:

We just need to get rid of liberal Judges that are preventing us from enforcing our laws.

Are you questioning the checks and balances system in America? Seriously? 

(edited)

14 hours ago, Illurion said:

The USSR existed as a world military superpower for over 70 years.

30 years ago,   Gorbachev decided to free the Eastern European states the USSR controlled,  and began the process to try to convert the USSR,  which was a "command economy based on oil, weapons, and barter" into a diversified market economy.

He had barely started,  when he was overthrown by "POLITICAL HARDLINERS", who arrested and imprisoned him and his whole family.

Yet,  with 48 hours,  the RUSSIAN PEOPLE finally stood up,  (like what the French are doing right now),  and stormed Moscow to save Gorbachev.

The "Political Hardliners" called out the MILITARY to fire on the RUSSIAN PEOPLE protesting.

The MILITARY TANKS took their positions outside the RUSSIAN WHITEHOUSE.   

BUT,  the servicemen in those tanks,  then joined the PEOPLE,  and TURNED THEIR TANK TURRETS AROUND,  AND SHELLED THE RUSSIAN WHITEHOUSE INSTEAD.

The political hardliners were overthrown,  and Gorbachev was freed.   

Only to be replaced by Yeltzen.

The USSR fell because it did not listen to the people.

30 years later,  Macron and Merkel are doing the same thing.

Are you seriously comparing modern day Germany and France to the former USSR?

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Allright this will be the last comment from me on a political or cultural thread. No real point in carrying a discussion we will never agree on over the internet. 

Don't go. It's the political discussions that particularly need a clear head as ideologies tend to get the better of nearly everyone.

• Like 2