Natural Gas is evil.

LNG is evil.

And CO2 will kill us all.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

My carbon footprint is about to land on someone's behind.

You can add mine to that, too. I'm roasting a whole duck for dinner and that's that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jaycee said:

meat is evil

10 hours ago, Rodent said:

9 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

You can add mine to that, too. I'm roasting a whole duck for dinner and that's that.

I grew up on a dairy farm.  Baby cows were pets until they were a year old.  Then they got pregnant from the hired bull.  Then 9 months later they gave birth and we could milk them.  When they were too old to get pregnant, and were thus not providing much milk, they got slaughtered.  Some of them we slaughtered ourselves and then we ate them. 

Similar with our "pet" rabbits and geese and chickens.  Fun to play with when they are young, and yummy to eat when they are old.

Pragmatism .... nothing beats it.

Truly, growing up on a family farm turned me into the evil incarnate that I am today...

< bwahahahahahaha >

7aa504e30dd0ff7127628f5dc1dcb253.jpg

1acc43b04e0953cfcc38677c3e26ee5490e76ff353800363df4e304bd11c6dd2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Haha 1

eating-meat-is-murder-delicious-flame-32427106.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I just knew you ate animals, @Tom Kirkman

@Marina Schwarz @Rodent  I kill animals and eat them.  Pictured below is the endangered goateed jungle meat eater pro-oil carnivore.  Who actually adores the environment, but gets frustrated with climate Nazis.20170516_070005.thumb.jpg.42c2679417c1526a5e55001bcba2f5a1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

duck have a much lower carbon footprint than beef. 

Edited by Rasmus Jorgensen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

7aa504e30dd0ff7127628f5dc1dcb253.jpg

If  you look closely inside the above list, there is this interesting comment that  "130 times more animal waste than human waste is produced in the US." 

And that may well be true. Cow manure, specifically, is just huge in volume.  A dairy cow produces some 130 lbs of manure every day.  The manure produced in the dairy farms of Northern Vermont, a very small rural State, surpasses all the human waste produced in the City of Montreal, a city of 2-1/2 million people.  Amazing stuff. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

If  you look closely inside the above list, there is this interesting comment that  "130 times more animal waste than human waste is produced in the US." 

And that may well be true. Cow manure, specifically, is just huge in volume.  A dairy cow produces some 130 lbs of manure every day.  The manure produced in the dairy farms of Northern Vermont, a very small rural State, surpasses all the human waste produced in the City of Montreal, a city of 2-1/2 million people.  Amazing stuff. 

And that manure can be turned into biogas and used as fuel. The cows are heroines. God bless the cows. We have plenty of them near here in Chino, California and some very big feedlots. I am getting ready to eat another well done burger! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

duck have a much lower carbon footprint than beef. 

There is a great way to combine the two!

Rossini.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Uh oh, once they ban cows are elephants next?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JoMack said:

Uh oh, once they ban cows are elephants next?

Why would elephants be banned next?  I can't seem to locate the "elephant" section of the butcher shop at the local grocery stores.

• Haha 1

Methane Tom, methane - gotta go so start with the giant poop :) and work their way down to chickens - sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JoMack said:

Methane Tom, methane - gotta go so start with the giant poop :) and work their way down to chickens - sarcasm

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Somebody better re-think that whole "Save the Whales" campaign then...

7c71a608bae6e383ef378e98eabb5780.png

• Haha 4

On 12/13/2018 at 4:05 AM, Jan van Eck said:

we remember, you have vested interest in this ... stuff:)

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:27 PM, ronwagn said:

And that manure can be turned into biogas and used as fuel. The cows are heroines. God bless the cows. We have plenty of them near here in Chino, California and some very big feedlots. I am getting ready to eat another well done burger! 

you'd wish they stop at manure... no Sir, plug'm cows directly to the pipe.. https://inhabitat.com/ecouterre/argentinas-methane-backpacks-turn-cow-farts-into-green-energy/

if that's not animal cruelty - I;m not sure what is

cowpack2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

(edited)

Looks like animal abuse to me. That poor cow looks mortified! 

During WW1 some cars were equipped with bags of natural gas due to rationing of gasoline. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcK2DuDX5M 

Edited by ronwagn
added reference
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Looks like animal abuse to me. That poor cow looks mortified! 

During WW1 some cars were equipped with bags of natural gas due to rationing of gasoline. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZcK2DuDX5M  

Cool - didn't know about it. "The bag contains equivalent of 1-2/3 Gal of Petrol" - one have to appreciate energy density of that nasty stinky stuff! Science museum in Houston have oil section - kids have to crank up handle as hard as they can for a minute or so - 'congrats, you've produced energy equivalent of 1.xxx gram of gasoline!"

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 6:55 AM, Rodent said:

Can i help ?

On 12/12/2018 at 9:06 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

@Marina Schwarz @Rodent  I kill animals and eat them.  Pictured below is the endangered goateed jungle meat eater pro-oil carnivore.  Who actually adores the environment, but gets frustrated with climate Nazis.20170516_070005.thumb.jpg.42c2679417c1526a5e55001bcba2f5a1.jpg

"DOWN WITH CLIMATE NAZI'S ".........!!!!!!!!!

Lets get rid of them by feeding them to the hogs........

• Haha 3

On 2/9/2019 at 9:57 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Why would elephants be banned next?  I can't seem to locate the "elephant" section of the butcher shop at the local grocery stores.

I think because they poop alot...

• Like 2