The House passed the 2018 Farm Bill in a vote of 369-47. After the Senate passage on Tuesday, the bill now goes to the President's desk. The bill allocates billions of dollars in subsidies to American farmers, legalizes hemp, bolsters farmers markets and rejects stricter limits on food stamps pushed by House Republicans. President Donald Trump is expected to sign the Farm Bill, I guess?!

• Like 1

....what a shame that every bill must have some stupid political rider in order to get it passed.

Hmm, some say that a lot of House members own large farms. They vote for massive subsidies for themselves. 

Just now, Meanwhile said:

Hmm, some say that a lot of House members own large farms. They vote for massive subsidies for themselves. 

doubt that

4 minutes ago, Meanwhile said:

If the government *forces* the farmers and the private food industry to artificially keep the food price, such as the price for flour and rice, to be extremely low (lower than the cost to produce them), then the government must compensate the farmers. Otherwise, who would farm for a loss?

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The House passed the 2018 Farm Bill in a vote of 369-47. After the Senate passage on Tuesday, the bill now goes to the President's desk. The bill allocates billions of dollars in subsidies to American farmers, legalizes hemp, bolsters farmers markets and rejects stricter limits on food stamps pushed by House Republicans. President Donald Trump is expected to sign the Farm Bill, I guess?!

Call it what it is, the Food Stamp Bill.

2 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

Call it what it is, the Food Stamp Bill.

I am sure Monsanto celebrated the passing

Quite a few missed the fact that the legislation expands farm subsidies and includes language legalizing hemp production.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nigerian Price said:

Quite a few missed the fact that the legislation expands farm subsidies and includes language legalizing hemp production.

Subsidies bad, hemp production good (it's a very useful crop, shame the forest lobby got it banned all those years ago).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

If the underlined form of hemp is for smoking, I'd expect an uptick in sales and share prices for sugary drinks and junk food producers.  Good for the economy.  And if it goes far enough, we can have diplomatic pow-wows with our adversaries, with a passing of the peace pipe, which should translate into a much greater hope of success!  President Xi, take a hit of this!  Good stuff.

22 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

If the underlined form of hemp is for smoking, I'd expect an uptick in sales and share prices for sugary drinks and junk food producers.  Good for the economy.  And if it goes far enough, we can have diplomatic pow-wows with our adversaries, with a passing of the peace pipe, which should translate into a much greater hope of success!  President Xi, take a hit of this!  Good stuff.

Grandpa with ADHD from the White House could use some

I would like to see more long term storage. Egyptian famines in the Bible bring that to mind. Preppers would be inundated by starving people otherwise.