7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Unfortunately, no videos from this channel can be viewed outside Denmark.  Blocked in USA. 

Sorry. will try to find the original title - it is American produced. It is really interesting. 

I believe the original title was "water and power". The instructor called Marina Zenovich. Here it aired in 3 parts. I personally found the 2 episode that focused waters role in international conflicts the most interesting. 

14 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Unfortunately, no videos from this channel can be viewed outside Denmark.  Blocked in USA. 

You've got to get a VPN, Jan.  A few clicks of the mouse and I'm on a Denmark server and watching the video.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 7:12 AM, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

https://www.dr.dk/tv/se/kampen-om-det-rene-vand/-/kampen-om-det-rene-vand-2-3#!/ 

Interesting documentary. And interesting take on some conflicts around the world. 

Water has been the "new oil" for decades now, conflicts in the Mid East, Indo-China, Africa, issues over building dams, hydropower, issues over use of water for industry and oil and gas..... list goes on. In the US , fight over water by Western States, groups and water users- agri, oil gas , live stock, silicon valley etc

• Like 2

My wife and I live in WI. She likes to joke about what our role will be when the Great Lakes Wars break out over some of the last clean water on the planet. I like to think we are enterprising enough that we will find a way to purify ocean water before that happens, but who knows! Fracking and a crumbling plumbing infrastructure seem to be speeding up the clock.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ConorMcInerny said:

My wife and I live in WI. She likes to joke about what our role will be when the Great Lakes Wars break out over some of the last clean water on the planet. I like to think we are enterprising enough that we will find a way to purify ocean water before that happens, but who knows! Fracking and a crumbling plumbing infrastructure seem to be speeding up the clock.

Western States will try to build a pipeline to haul the Great Lakes waters HAHHA!

Sea water is being made potable and drinkable. Desalination plants have been in use for more than 40 years, and they are becoming more efficient and more eco-friendly.

The use of freshwater in hydraulic fracturing is declining very fast with the breakthrough in water treatment and recycling of used and produced and flowback water as well as using brackish water and other sources of water to be treated and used in the operations.

• Like 2