Cold weather arrives at key moment for coal and nuclear power

Are the coal and nuclear industries hoping that cold weather sweeping the eastern United States is a reason enough for the federal government should help their power plants? Those industries and their allies hope that the record-setting winter weather will give a boost to a proposal from Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would require electric grid operators to pay higher prices to coal and nuclear plants. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how are those solar panels working there during this arctic blast?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

how are those solar panels working there during this arctic blast?

well, it is week argument since even the combined coal, nuclear, and natural-gas fired power plants are straining to keep up with demand for megawatts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JohnAtronis said:

how are those solar panels working there during this arctic blast?

Rumor has it that it gets cold every year at about the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joanna said:

Rumor has it that it gets cold every year at about the same time.

If it was up to leftist we would have nearly zero energy to heat our homes but would use hope and staring at the sun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Are the coal and nuclear industries hoping that cold weather sweeping the eastern United States is a reason enough for the federal government should help their power plants? Those industries and their allies hope that the record-setting winter weather will give a boost to a proposal from Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would require electric grid operators to pay higher prices to coal and nuclear plants. 

 

 

 I believe that renewables are not dependable in these extreme weather events, therefore nuclear is needed in the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do wonder how much power wind turbines generate on weather like this. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Are the coal and nuclear industries hoping that cold weather sweeping the eastern United States is a reason enough for the federal government should help their power plants? Those industries and their allies hope that the record-setting winter weather will give a boost to a proposal from Energy Secretary Rick Perry that would require electric grid operators to pay higher prices to coal and nuclear plants. 

 

 

So ti give the money to coal plants because they are useless and unprofitable. great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0