Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

Are We Closer To Mars?

Elon Musk has announced his SpaceX will launch the world's most powerful rocket later this month with Tesla Roadster on board, which will be fired toward Mars.  Will it be an excitement or disappointment?

Let's hope it's not another Challenger.

Let's hope they've learnt a lesson not to launch until you're ready

When we talk about Elon Musk, there is no room for mistakes. This guy is simply destined for success. Just like I'm sure about success of the SpaceX. 

How can you be so sure about it when even Musk isn't. "There's a lot of risk associated with Falcon Heavy," Elon said during the 2017 International Space Station Research and Development Conference. "Real good chance that the vehicle doesn't make it to orbit. I want to make sure to set expectations accordingly."

Ooo, that's harsh. It's good that Musk's realistic but he usually is, unless it's about the Model 3 ramp-up. :D

I read last week SpaceX managed to reuse a rocket. That's a major accomplishment in itself, whatever happens with the Mars Falcon launch. For me, it's actually kind of more exciting.