Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZL

Apple faces iPhone ban in Germany

A German court on Thursday found in favor of US chipmaker Qualcomm in a patent dispute case against Apple, which could lead to a ban on sales of iPhones in Germany. Given that Apple can appeal the initial ruling, the court said the injunction banning sales of affected iPhones can only be imposed immediately if Qualcomm laid down a security deposit amounting to 668.4 million euros 

Just now, 李伟王芳 said:

A German court on Thursday found in favor of US chipmaker Qualcomm in a patent dispute case against Apple, which could lead to a ban on sales of iPhones in Germany. Given that Apple can appeal the initial ruling, the court said the injunction banning sales of affected iPhones can only be imposed immediately if Qualcomm laid down a security deposit amounting to 668.4 million euros 

Scheisse

the patent is so dumb. It's even more stupid than Apple suing Samsung. I honestly can't believe a product can be banned for something like this.

Baffles me how QCom holders can be excited about losing Apple as a customer. Will be short-lived win for them

Just now, JohnAtronis said:

Baffles me how QCom holders can be excited about losing Apple as a customer. Will be short-lived win for them

QCOM holders are not happy about losing Apple as a customer. What they want is for Apple to pay the ~$10 in royalties per phone for Qualcomm's valuable IP.

5 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

QCOM holders are not happy about losing Apple as a customer. What they want is for Apple to pay the ~$10 in royalties per phone for Qualcomm's valuable IP.

I'm long both QCOM and AAPL. They will settle this easily

I know Tim Cook is very clever,, but he has gone way too far with QCOM. Apple is now facing sales injunctions in China and Germany.

10 minutes ago, 李伟王芳 said:

It is a decision by the lowest, regional court. Most similar cases are decided differently in higher, more competent courts.

i already mentioned a couple of moths ago to short apple at the 225 range, only now are people waking up