Top Science Stories of 2018

I'm putting this here because AI. However, note the human/cow story and the anti-vaccine story, and how well they fit together. Nature is cruel and ruthless, and it always finds a way to (try and) equal the playing field.

The science stories that shook 2018

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I'm putting this here because AI. However, note the human/cow story and the anti-vaccine story, and how well they fit together. Nature is cruel and ruthless, and it always finds a way to (try and) equal the playing field.

The science stories that shook 2018

Thanks, Marina.  That was a very interesting read, and it doesn't point fingers and call people names.  Just a great summary of things that are happening and even inviting the reader to look deeper with references included.  Nice!  Presented in such a way, there might just be hope for humans after all, unless AI won't need us anymore.  :)  

• Like 2

Not much to read there .

As if Science would just include Medicine , Biology , Intelligence ( female attributes ) .

But , probably such stories would have applied the label of Technology otherwise .

18 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Thanks, Marina.  That was a very interesting read, and it doesn't point fingers and call people names.  Just a great summary of things that are happening and even inviting the reader to look deeper with references included.  Nice!  Presented in such a way, there might just be hope for humans after all, unless AI won't need us anymore.  :)  

Yes, I thought it was refreshingly devoid of excessive emotion, too. My pleasure!

• Like 2

Thank-you, Marina. I enjoyed the articles. Hey, Carl, why don't you send us links to some of your favorite technology news from 2018? I am female and love learning about both science and technology.