Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV

California To Fall Short Of 100 Hydrogen Fueling Stations by 2020

As electric charging stations continue to sprout across the country, hydrogen fueling stations haven't experienced the same rapid growth.That's an issue in California, where Assembly Bill 8 stipulates a goal of 100 functioning public hydrogen stations by 2020. The latest forecast predicts the state will come up short. 

So now they have 35 hydrogen retail locations and planning another 34 for the future. Why don't they plan 65 instead? They have enough time. 

So after all this time they're up to 35 stations. They have two more years till 2020 and they can't make it. And we are talking about just one state. 

Hmm, I can buy a car that requires a very specialized fuel-up or I can buy a vehicle that can fuel up from any electric plug. Wow, though decision. 

Or you could just buy the Volt and use electricity when it's easy and also have access to the gasoline when electricity isn't convenient. 

Depends where you live, of course, but for now I think it's safest to try the hybrid as a means of transition.