SP

Pelosi Elevates Climate Change On Day One

(edited)

1 hour ago, Sofia said:

"We must ... face the existential threat of our time: the climate crisis," Pelosi said in her opening address to Congress. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/03/nancy-pelosi-climate-change-congress-1059148

Democrats are running on the premise that we should spend more money on everything. Especially free medical care, free education (indoctrination), canceling tuition debt, more immigrants and welfare for them, more subsidies for uncompetitive energy sources and cars etc. Help me out with even more examples. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/mark-levin-what-are-three-top-responsibilities-federal-government

https://www.theclassroom.com/responsibilities-of-the-federal-government-12082134.html

Edited by ronwagn
reference
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Help me out with even more examples. 

9e4f5b2a44497a5dc2adedb0d28ba1e314d910a108e3697800c155a97b7f3f7b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Democrats are running on the premise that we should spend more money on everything. Especially free medical care, free education (indoctrination), canceling tuition debt, more immigrants and welfare for them, more subsidies for uncompetitive energy sources and cars etc. Help me out with even more examples. 

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-morris/mark-levin-what-are-three-top-responsibilities-federal-government

https://www.theclassroom.com/responsibilities-of-the-federal-government-12082134.html

My take on all this from our esteemed Democrat Members of Congress is that their intention is to increase tax revenues dramatically, collect said money, spout all kinds of wonderful goals all day every day (how could you NOT want to be a GOOD human being?!?!), launch committee after committee to study incentive programs, announce the launch of vast numbers of programs most people will never sign up for, and then: get extremely limited results; but results that can be touted, show excess tax receipts (cash already gone) and call the entire plan profitable and therefore a success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sofia said:

"We must ... face the existential threat of our time: the climate crisis," Pelosi said in her opening address to Congress. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/03/nancy-pelosi-climate-change-congress-1059148

It's time for @Rodent to run for Congress and light the fire of reality under these yahoos.  Can we get enough votes for Rodent?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Dan Warnick said:

It's time for @Rodent to run for Congress and light the fire of reality under these yahoos.  Can we get enough votes for Rodent?

I, Rodent, hereby announce my candidacy for Congress, despite my complete lack of qualifications, just like nearly every other congressman...err, or Congresswoman. Congress person. Whatever. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

I, Rodent, hereby announce my candidacy for Congress, despite my complete lack of qualifications, just like nearly every other congressman...err, or Congresswoman. Congress person. Whatever. 

As mthebold said.

Your ability to realize you don't know everything may actually make you overqualified...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Otis11 said:

As mthebold said.

Your ability to realize you don't know everything may actually make you overqualified...

Well, of course she's overqualified.  She's Rodent!  Demon Rodent to us mere mortals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

She's got my vote! Shoot, I'd even be her campaign manager even though I don't know anything about managing a campaign.....does that make me overqualified?

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mthebold said:

Praise Rodent! 

Also, is there a story behind this I missed?  I'm fully on board with praising Rodent, but I'd like to know how we got here. 

Nah, we just love Rodent.  She drives a truck (with a gun rack), carries a gun, knows about oil and some would say she is beautiful.  Top it off with a moniker like Rodent, and that's all you need to know.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mthebold said:

Praise Rodent! 

Also, is there a story behind this I missed?  I'm fully on board with praising Rodent, but I'd like to know how we got here. 

Earlier ...

6 hours ago, Rodent said:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mthebold said:

You know you lack qualifications.  Like Socrates before you, that makes you the wisest of the bunch.

image.png.9571e5244d865f786a430a4db458b0b1.png

Incidentally, admitting ignorance is also a prerequisite for learning, which is the primary skill a legislator needs. 

I admit that I did not know that Socrates ever said that, and I cannot prove that he never said it.  From what I learned studying philosophy nobody would make such a poor translation, unless it was actually said this way, and I have never found any evidence it was.

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

Please do.  I'll vote for you.  2019 politics will be a wild ride.

1c81055bb8bbefe8daf1926351327cb7937e45e49cdb1c7e9f0843615fcdcf34.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mthebold said:

The phrasing is likely imprecise, but the basic idea is correct: the first step to wisdom is recognizing one's ignorance. 

Whatever!

But making nonsensical comments and lying will not be of assistance in your journey.

51 minutes ago, mthebold said:

Those are excellent qualifications. 

TIL Rodent is OilPrice's version of The Stig.

What are TIL and The Stig?

Thanks.  But Rodent did post a photo of herself some time back.  I believe she was chastising @Jan van Eck , pointing a finger at the camera and she said something like "Don't MAKE me moderate you!".  LOL!  A fine looking woman, I assure you, and I think Jan gets a little weak in the knees when it comes to this particular Rodent as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Thanks.  But Rodent did post a photo of herself some time back.  I believe she was chastising @Jan van Eck , pointing a finger at the camera and she said something like "Don't MAKE me moderate you!".  LOL!  A fine looking woman, I assure you, and I think Jan gets a little weak in the knees when it comes to this particular Rodent as well.

Shaking!  Still shaking!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Red said:

Whatever!

But making nonsensical comments and lying will not be of assistance in your journey.

The Rodent is displeased with your unpleasantness.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Rodent said:

We beseech you you’re Rodentness, as your first act, for many such violations, please vanquish Red to the Pit of Misery. Dilly Dilly.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Please do.  I'll vote for you.  2019 politics will be a wild ride.

1c81055bb8bbefe8daf1926351327cb7937e45e49cdb1c7e9f0843615fcdcf34.jpeg

“Think you hate it now, wait till you drive it............”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

Then please show how children, even before they can talk, need to "admit ignorance" or they cannot learn - as mthebold claims it is a prerequisite for learning.  

Or, show that his attribution to Socrates is true - as I have never known of it and since his post spent many hours looking, only to confirm that it appears it was never made.

I have in other threads shown his claims to be nonsensical, and likely to be dishonest.  It's called pattern behaviour.  

If there is evidence to the contrary, I will gladly retract and apologise.

2 hours ago, Red said:

Then please show how children, even before they can talk, need to "admit ignorance" or they cannot learn - as mthebold claims it is a prerequisite for learning.  

Or, show that his attribution to Socrates is true - as I have never known of it and since his post spent many hours looking, only to confirm that it appears it was never made.

I have in other threads shown his claims to be nonsensical, and likely to be dishonest.  It's called pattern behaviour.  

If there is evidence to the contrary, I will gladly retract and apologise.

Socrates once said, “I need to have a shite”.  Can I prove it?  No.  But I know he said it, why, because he was a man.  Now, I know this theory of mine fails rigorous fact finding prowess.  And yet, it’s still true.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TXPower said:

Socrates once said, “I need to have a shite”.  Can I prove it?  No.  What he needed to say and what he needed to do can be different.  What makes you believe he needed to tell people when he was going to go....?  But I know he said it, why, because he was a man.  I am a man and there are many things I do and never need to tell anyone about, so I do not find your idea compelling.  Now, I know this theory of mine fails rigorous fact finding prowess.  Even it did not, it failed a test of logic. And yet, it’s still true. This is what I am told by theists about what they believe, as well.

New York Post

Democrats keep proving how detached they are from reality

In its common definition, the job of president of the United States is to deliver peace and prosperity. Donald Trump is doing well on both fronts, so let’s impeach the bastard!

As insane as it sounds, that and only that is what many Democrats have in mind. Impeachment, or death by a thousand investigations, is the heart of their plan.

For proof, eliminate their desire to remove Trump from office and see if you can pinpoint anything else with broad Dem support. Some advocate for open borders, others for tax hikes or Medicare-for-all, but ending the Trump presidency ASAP is the glue holding the party together.

... As Obama once said, elections have consequences. Sometimes they are good consequences.

Yet the Democrat making the biggest news Friday was a foul-mouthed new congress member from Michigan, Rashida Tlaib, who had celebrated her swearing-in by promising that “we’re going to impeach the motherf–ker.” The leftist crowd was jubilant.

Never in modern times has there been such a disconnect between the opposition party and the realities of national life. The very talk of removing Trump, without evidence of an impeachable offense, is a stick in the eye to history and most Americans.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2