HM

Source For Immediate EIA Petroleum Report Data?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to access the EIA Petroleum report data as soon as it is scheduled to be released (10:30amĀ EST on Wednesdays, normally). Today it was scheduled to be released at 11:00am EST but this morning on the EIA website (https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/) it wasn't released until about 11:05am (I kept refreshing the page every 10 seconds or so). Does anyone have any insight on why and where I can receive the report data as soon as it's released?

Thanks in advance!

investing.com release the EIA inventory data within a minute or two on their economic calander

5 hours ago, NWMan said:

investing.com release the EIA inventory data within a minute or two on their economic calander

Thanks for the response. That's good to know. Ideally I'd like to find out what their source is so I can get it sooner than that. Anyone else know?

The source must be EIA itself. I doubt they slip the data to select news outlets before it's officially out.

17 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

The source must be EIA itself. I doubt they slip the data to select news outlets before it's officially out.

Yeah, I figure this must be the case. But at least for this past report it didn't appear on the EIA site until about 5 minutes after. I guess I'll try again this Wednesday.

Ah, well, they're not immune to glitches, probably. :)

That's because the site gets over loaded - investing.com is the quickest way to get the basic data but the market can be extremely volatile and to me illogical but that is the risk and potential benefitĀ of trading on an specific event.

6 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

indeed, they do not. I've always found that holidays are a little slow for all of the data releases. Baker Hughes was at least 10 minutes behind on it detailed report about Rigs last week.Ā