Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DC

Will Perris (California) Burn? Got A Yellow Vest?

(edited)

Marathon Los Angeles Refinery - Wilmington, California.

The "Yellow Vests" in France were a symptom of a much larger problem. Should I wear mine to work today?

President Trump's Oval Office Address at 6 pm (Pacific time) may instigate a violent reaction in Sanctuary states, like California. The fight over the southern border wall, America's government shutdown, and talk of a "Green New Deal" are disrupting the calm in the mostly liberal-leaning Democrat state. With the 5th largest economy in the world, California is a major consumer of oil and fuel.

San Ysidro, California, across from Tijuana, Mexico is the most frequently crossed border in the world, 350 million LEGAL crossings annually, more than the entire U.S. population. Millions of illegal immigrants live in California.   

Americans are fiercely independent people who drive far too much, most of the time alone in their car. Ranked #1 as the worst American commute, Los Angelenos spend 53.9 minutes on average per day on the road to work. However, the delays can be far worse; America must build a better public transportation system. Fuel costs, pollution, environmental degradation, and Climate Change are among top voter concerns.

Yellow vests are required auto safety equipment in Paris, France, but not in America, so two weeks ago, I had to go to Harbor Freight to purchase one. My brother and I prepared for America's mirror image of the Paris Climate Change backlash. It was a cheery Christmas gift to ourselves as we anticipated the changes coming in California during the new year. Climate Change and renewable energy are major California economic and political issues.

For example, Tesla's Los Altos northern California headquarters is one of many locations. Musk's other ventures, SpaceX and Boring Co. are located in Hawthorne, California, just miles from Perris and even closer to the Marathon Refinery in Wilmington. 

California has the 2nd highest gas tax in America

California Democrats are leading the nation on calls for Climate Change legislation, open borders, and sanctuary cities. Newly elected Gov. Gavin Newsom took office yesterday and has pledged to fight for Climate Change and illegal immigrant subsidies, such as free immigrant healthcare coverage.

However, California also has a history of social unrest and violence. In 1992, during six days of the Rodney King riots, 63 people were killed, 2,383 people were injured, and more than 12,000 arrested. The fires caused $1 billion in damage (1992 Dollars). 

So, as you make your trades today, keep America in mind. A tectonic shift is occurring in California, not under it, but on the surface streets. Violence should not occur, but it might, depending on what President Donald Trump decides he will reveal in his Oval Office Address.

Another question to ask is what will happen next if Trump is able to declare an emergency and build the wall?

What other emergency declarations will be made? Surely, if the first declaration works, won't it set a precedent?

Martial Law may also return as it was used in previous riots. 

Have fun Trading! I'll be the one in the yellow vest! :) 

P.S. I'm not rioting or violent, nor am I calling for violence.

Edited by Microbio-glutonist