IG

WSJ: Gun Ownership on Rise in Europe After Terror Attacks, Sexual Assaults

People are panicking and that's perfectly understandable. 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:23 AM, RuudinFrance said:

Haha, according to this list I live in a non-existent country. Anyway, I think Bulgarian gun law is lax enough for a lot of people to have guns legally. I think all you need is to be over 18 and have a clean psych evaluation chit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Haha, according to this list I live in a non-existent country. Anyway, I think Bulgarian gun law is lax enough for a lot of people to have guns legally. I think all you need is to be over 18 and have a clean psych evaluation chit.

Hmmm, not sure if I could pass both of Bulgaria's requirements...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Very tough, I know. I just did a quick Google search and in addition to a clean psych record, you need a clean criminal record and evidence you're not an addict. Also -- that's the most fascinating part -- you need to convince the boss of your local police department you really, really, need a gun for self-protection, which is, apparently, the toughest part. That gets you a licence to buy a gun. Aaaand then you need another licence, to store a gun (in a metal box, etc., so you can't use it when you need it because it'll take an hour to get it out) aaaaand then you need a third licence, to use the gun, which means you need to take a firearms course. Unless you're a collector, then you don't need this because you won't use the gun. Supposedly. Okay, I'm impressed.

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, Illurion said:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/01/08/wsj-gun-ownership-rise-europe-terror-attacks-sexual-assault/

So Oppressed European Citizens are finally coming around to the American view of things.   Good.

You know owning a gun or having someone else in the house owning one makes you far more likely to be shot. It makes your odds of been killed worse not better.

I grew up with guns and hunting but especially here in France they need more policing not less. I have been directly shot at here and just a few weeks ago I had a "hunter" shoot over me.

• Upvote 1

I have several firearms and concealed carry permits from 3 states (Wyoming, Utah and Florida). Thankfully I am legally able to carry because over the years having a firearm (I carried a Colt 1911) I was able to "convince" muggers that they should move on and look for another target of opportunity to pursue in their chosen criminal career. In recent years I have downsized to a more convenient carry firearm (East german Makarov):

12f36d12132ad493c8d4da89b077db7c1d0e87ff

• Like 1

(edited)

On 1/11/2019 at 2:33 AM, DA? said:

You know owning a gun or having someone else in the house owning one makes you far more likely to be shot. It makes your odds of been killed worse not better.

I grew up with guns and hunting but especially here in France they need more policing not less. I have been directly shot at here and just a few weeks ago I had a "hunter" shoot over me.

Here in the States,  the stats i have read do not agree with what your are experiencing.

In another thread last week it was discussed that with the exception of a few Democrat led large cities, gun deaths in the US are not very much.

More people die in car crashes every day than are killed by guns.

Edited by Illurion
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Illurion said:

Here in the States,  the stats i have read do not agree with your are experiencing.

In another thread last week it was discussed that with the exception of a few Democrat led large cities, gun deaths in the US are not very much.

More people die in car crashes every day than are killed by guns.

Just googled car and firearms deaths in the USA, not sure how reliable that data is but you seem to have not looked at the facts. There are a considerable amount of deaths due to firearms, only slightly less than on the roads.

Both courses of death need to be addressed.

22 hours ago, Black Blade said:

I have several firearms and concealed carry permits from 3 states (Wyoming, Utah and Florida). Thankfully I am legally able to carry because over the years having a firearm (I carried a Colt 1911) I was able to "convince" muggers that they should move on and look for another target of opportunity to pursue in their chosen criminal career. In recent years I have downsized to a more convenient carry firearm (East german Makarov):

12f36d12132ad493c8d4da89b077db7c1d0e87ff

Still makes your chances of been killed more and if you have a family they are far more in danger.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:13 AM, Black Blade said:

I have several firearms and concealed carry permits from 3 states (Wyoming, Utah and Florida). Thankfully I am legally able to carry because over the years having a firearm (I carried a Colt 1911) I was able to "convince" muggers that they should move on

I just don't picture you being mugged in Wyoming, or Utah for that matter.   Now, Florida, yup, that goes on all day long down there.  But then again, Florida is not really part of the USA.  It is my view that if Florida cannot be persuaded to secede, then it should be expelled.  Would solve a lot of problems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DA? said:

Just googled car and firearms deaths in the USA, not sure how reliable that data is but you seem to have not looked at the facts. There are a considerable amount of deaths due to firearms, only slightly less than on the roads.

Both courses of death need to be addressed.

again.

the vast number of gun murders are in a few large Democrat run, (with ironically the strictest restrictive gun laws,  so only criminal have guns) cities.

as i stated,  take those cities out of the picture,  and gun deaths in the USA are minimal.

and the vast number of all gun deaths are minority based,  mostly black on black,  or hispanic gang related.

(edited)

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I just don't picture you being mugged in Wyoming, or Utah for that matter.   Now, Florida, yup, that goes on all day long down there.  But then again, Florida is not really part of the USA.  It is my view that if Florida cannot be persuaded to secede, then it should be expelled.  Would solve a lot of problems. 

South Florida,  where most of the murders in Florida are,  is filled mostly with transplanted Northern Yankees,  mixed with Blacks,  and Cubans and Puerto Ricans, and Haitians,  all of whom brought their problems with them from their place of origin.

In other words,  South Florida is very much like the northern cities of Boston, Philadelphia and New York.

You are correct that South Florida should be cut off,  and added to the Northern states,  as it is not Southern at all.

As for not being part of the USA,  personally i think Vermont is so tiny,  that it does not have enough population to deserve the status of Statehood,  much less be given 2 Senators.   and the citizens there seem to have such a strangely, un-American,  and other-worldly, high impression of themselves....

We need to have a Second Constitutional Convention to re-align State Boundaries.

We should cancel the Statehood of 7 or 8 of the liberal Northern and Western states,  and combine them into  larger States in order to better balance the Senate.

We combine Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut into one State to be called "Fantasy-Land".

That will reduce them from 10 Senators to 2 Senators,  with about the same population as Florida,  which also has 2 Senators.

We then combine New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland into one new State to be called "Delusional-Land".

That will reduce them from 6 Senators, to 2 Senators,  with about the population of Florida,  which also has 2 Senators.

We then Break up California into pieces..

We give all of Southern California to Mexico.

The remainder of Central, and Northern California we recreate as 2 new States,  each with 2 Senators.

This should balance out the House and Senate much better,  leaving a less stressed Nation.

Edited by Illurion

5 minutes ago, Illurion said:

South Florida,  where most of the murders in Florida are,  is filled mostly with transplanted Northern Yankees,  mixed with Blacks,  and Cubans and Puerto Ricans, and Haitians,  all of whom brought their problems with them from their place of origin.

In other words,  South Florida is very much like the northern cities of Boston, Philadelphia and New York.

You are correct that South Florida should be cut off,  and added to the Northern states,  as it is not Southern at all.

As for not being part of the USA,  personally i think Vermont is so tiny,  that it does not have enough population to deserve the status of Statehood,  much less be given 2 Senators.   and the citizens there seem to have such a strangely, un-American,  and other-worldly, high impression of themselves....

We need to have a Second Constitutional Convention to re-align State Boundaries.

We should cancel the Statehood of 7 or 8 of the liberal Northern and Western states,  and combine them into  larger States in order to better balance the Senate.

We combine Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut into one State to be called "Fantasy-Land".

That will reduce them from 10 Senators to 2 Senators,  with about the same population as Florida,  which also has 2 Senators.

We then combine New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland into one new State to be called "Delusional-Land".

That will reduce them from 6 Senators, to 2 Senators,  with about the population of Florida,  which also has 2 Senators.

We then Break up California into pieces..

We give all of Southern California to Mexico.

The remainder of Central, and Northern California we recreate as 2 new States,  each with 2 Senators.

This should balance out the House and Senate much better,  leaving a less stressed Nation.

Ha, Ha!  You are one funny guy!

Hey, remember that Vermont was NOT one of the original 13 colonies to form the original 13 States.  Vermont was an independent nation at that time.  If you look in the phone book, half the residents have French names, migrated down from Quebec.   For my money, VT should secede and either be independent or join up with Quebec! 

• Haha 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Hey, remember that Vermont was NOT one of the original 13 colonies to form the original 13 States.

Neither was Florida.

Florida was populated by Europeans long before the land that would eventually contain all 13 Yankee colonies, (and Vermont) were even discovered.

Columbus discovered the new world in 1492.

Starting around 1512,  the explorers Ponce Deleon and Desoto toured here and all claimed the land.

In 1564 the French founded America's first city,  Fort Caroline (now Jacksonville)  here on the Saint Johns River (called the River May back then.)

Saint Augustine,  which is now a suburb of Jacksonville,  is the America's oldest City,  and is that ONLY, because the Spanish Founders of the city wiped out the French City of Fort Caroline,  which was the original name of Jacksonville,  which had been founded 4 months earlier..

Florida,  which started out as only St Augustine and captured Ft Caroline (Jax),   has had many flags:

* Spanish

* French

* Spanish again

* English

* Spain again

* USA

* CSA

* USA again

We did not join the USA until Spain ceded us in 1821,  barely before the Civil War.

We are happy to be part of the USA,   and have no dreams of seceding,  however,  the same cannot be said of Central and South Florida below us.

I already described South Florida to you.

Central Florida is now about half white Northern Transplants, and half hispanic.

Both South and Central Florida are extremely liberal areas and want to secede from North Florida,  but not secede from the USA.

North Florida is the oldest european populated area in the contiguous USA,  and is generally conservative, mostly white,  with some black, and  hispanic.

If there were ever to be a re-boundary of the Florida area:

South Florida & Central Florida would be separate States under different names than Florida..

North Florida would remain the State of Florida , and absorb much of South Georgia.

The West Florida Panhandle would absorb much of South Alabama, and Southwest Georgia and also become an independent State.

So Florida would become 4 States,  with 2 Senators each.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

For my money, VT should secede and either be independent or join up with Quebec! 

Stay with the USA,   the French talk funny, and always lose wars..9_9

Jax was founded by the French,  only to be conquered 4 months later by the Spanish.

The reason the French -  Fort Caroline was conquered was because they screwed up,  and decided to attack the Spanish as a First Strike.

So the French loaded all of their Troops on ships, and went to attack the Spanish city of St Augustine just 40 miles down the beach.

Unfortunately,  the French sent their ships RIGHT OUT INTO A HURRICANE,  AND ALL THE SHIPS WERE SUNK.

Only about 200 of the French troops waded ashore after the storm.

The Spanish rounded them all up,  and executed all of the French who refused to convert from Protestant to Catholic.

Over 120 French troops were executed on the beach where they came ashore.

To this day,  that beach is called   Matanzas Bay,  which is Massacre Bay,  in Spanish.

The Spanish then sent their own troops overland by 40 miles,  and wiped out what was left of Fort Caroline.

The Spanish only kept the Women and the cattle.

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 1

For Germany , there are accusations / rumours , that Jews will get these weapon permitts mainly , because they are able to declare being threated easily .

There are two levels of weapon permits in Germany .

25 years ago , who could think of the need to protect himself from the government ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Karl V said:

For Germany , there are accusations / rumours , that Jews will get these weapon permitts mainly , because they are able to declare being threated easily .

There are two levels of weapon permits in Germany .

25 years ago , who could think of the need to protect himself from the government ...

The United States of America was BUILT on not just the POSSIBILITY of having to protect yourself from the Government,  but the PROBABILITY THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN..!.

That is why the SECOND AMENDMENT was written into our Constitution.

Many people are uncomfortable with it,  but it has kept us free.

Those that are uncomfortable come around REAL QUICK when they barely survive some event,  and realize that if they had been ARMED,  they would have been better off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Illurion said:

The Spanish only kept the Women and the cattle.

And you already know what they did with the women!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

And you already know what they did with the women!

Same thing they did to the Aztecs.

Killed the men, and kept the women.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, Illurion said:

again.

the vast number of gun murders are in a few large Democrat run, (with ironically the strictest restrictive gun laws,  so only criminal have guns) cities.

as i stated,  take those cities out of the picture,  and gun deaths in the USA are minimal.

and the vast number of all gun deaths are minority based,  mostly black on black,  or hispanic gang related.

er think not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_death_rates_in_the_United_States_by_state

(edited)

On 1/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, RuudinFrance said:

Try wikipedia maybe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

Check EU countries and find that not even self defense is an acceptable reason for getting a gun license in my country.

Would just love to keep it that way.

Have fun.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:23 PM, RuudinFrance said:

Try wikipedia maybe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation

Check EU countries and find that not even self defense is an acceptable reason for getting a gun license in my country.

Would just love to keep it that way.

Have fun.

There are 80 million guns in the EU. https://www.flemishpeaceinstitute.eu/sites/vlaamsvredesinstituut.eu/files/files/factsheet_firearms_and_deaths_in_eu.pdf

Those are just the legal ones that the governments know about. 

France https://www.thelocal.fr/20171004/five-things-to-know-about-guns-in-france

Second Amendment RIghts https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNfCpesT-BhEhMiL5kY2O0VvJtnoAIZiYvvTb0_6eh0/edit

Edited by ronwagn
added reference

On 1/10/2019 at 11:33 PM, DA? said:

qwyB78Q2500E_DnLGpx_xQKbiOpY-Oi5ajiU5oS4zwBFc3BQvthHGrNOrWhnCH3_gyCRHoFi8TsHzcKHpars503-ehbTLnJ39_trBMJ5XkbQxCsbLBevGjtkAbxaN4xef2_3xBhs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

qwyB78Q2500E_DnLGpx_xQKbiOpY-Oi5ajiU5oS4zwBFc3BQvthHGrNOrWhnCH3_gyCRHoFi8TsHzcKHpars503-ehbTLnJ39_trBMJ5XkbQxCsbLBevGjtkAbxaN4xef2_3xBhs

Scary stuff. Deaths by hospital-acquired infections run nine times higher than murders by gun.  Aargh.  And that is before you look at surgical and in-patient pharmaceutical errors, running at 23 times murders by gun. 

OK, so all-in, deaths inside hospitals are running at 32 times more than gun murders.  And those hospital administrators are paid in the seven figures.  Seriously incompetent stuff.  More Aargh. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1