Tesla Developing Way To Detect Car Issues Before They Happen And Autonomously Go To Service

Unless you are getting your car in for service regularly for a full check-up, you are generally waiting for something to break in order to fix it. However, Tesla is now working on a more efficient approach. A new patent application reveals that Tesla is developing a way to detect car issues before they happen and even autonomously drive the car to a service center.
 

https://electrek.co/2019/01/08/tesla-detect-issues-autonomous-service/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I thought Tesla was apparently going bust, so certain people keep saying.

Great Autoline show the other day with Munro talking mainly about Tesla. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vlad Kovalenko said:

A new patent application reveals that Tesla is developing a way to detect car issues before they happen and even autonomously drive the car to a service center.

Um....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then autonomously wait 3-4 months for a service appointment? When you check Tesla owners blog sites you can see hundreds of new owners speaking about their love for the vehicle but frustration with problems identified at delivery and difficulty getting service appointments. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AdrianC said:

And then autonomously wait 3-4 months for a service appointment? When you check Tesla owners blog sites you can see hundreds of new owners speaking about their love for the vehicle but frustration with problems identified at delivery and difficulty getting service appointments. 

With such a huge ramp up in numbers of cars sold it's not surprising, it's the next stage to get worked on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DA? said:

With such a huge ramp up in numbers of cars sold it's not surprising, it's the next stage to get worked on.

But but I thought EVs don't ever have any issues due to fewer moving parts not ever needing a service and not having brakes, tyres or suspension components or anything boring like that.

I see Brents on a charge again ! Back to $80 soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auson said:

But but I thought EVs don't ever have any issues due to fewer moving parts not ever needing a service and not having brakes, tyres or suspension components or anything boring like that.

I see Brents on a charge again ! Back to $80 soon. 

No machine is ever perfect, just a lot less to go wrong on an EV.

Hopefully oil's back up, the quicker it dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites