Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainman

Saudi Private Jet Industry Stalls After Corruption Crackdown

A crackdown on corruption in Saudi Arabia has severely dented the kingdom’s private jet industry in a sign of the impact the campaign has had on private enterprise and the wealthy elite.Dozens of planes, owned by individuals and charter companies and worth hundreds of millions of dollars, are stranded at airports across the kingdom including Riyadh and Jeddah, four people familiar with the matter told Reuters. Some were handed over to the state in settlements reached after the crackdown was launched in late 2017, when dozens of princes, businessmen and government officials were detained, they said. Others belong to Saudis who either face travel bans or are reluctant to fly the planes because they are wary of displays of wealth that might be seen as taunting the government over the anti-corruption campaign, two of the sources said.

• Like 2

They could be used to fly hit squads into other countries....👎

So, only the corrupt were using them? 😁

Saudi Arabia’s mentality is stuck in the Middle Ages. It’s government thinks it can do whatever it wants, spreading lies, full of corruption, violating human rights. It has literally blood on its hands. This hasn’t been a one time only case, it’s recurring again and again.... And, result is MBS as a alleged reformer...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 50 shades of black said:

Saudi Arabia’s mentality is stuck in the Middle Ages. It’s government thinks it can do whatever it wants, spreading lies, full of corruption, violating human rights. It has literally blood on its hands. This hasn’t been a one time only case, it’s recurring again and again.... And, result is MBS as a alleged reformer...

Yep. It’s certainly a place I’d want to escape if I lived there. Which thankfully I don’t. 

• Like 1

Each of them worth hundreds of millions of dollars... 
" .... The idle aircraft, which one of the sources estimated at up to about 70, include Bombardier (BBDb.TO) and Gulfstream jets, the sources said. There are also larger Airbus (AIR.PA) and Boeing (BA.N)"...

• Like 1

I’ll take one. Who do I need to speak to about this?🤣

• Haha 1

Corruption, bribe, violence... and least but not last: they are the biggest exporter of terrorism after Iran...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

So, only the corrupt were using them? 😁

Not really, but they should be used by someone. Maybe sold to airlines. 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:40 AM, Pavel said:

Corruption, bribe, violence... and least but not last: they are the biggest exporter of terrorism after Iran...

I don't think you'll find much violence in Saudi Arabia. On that level, I felt safer in the Kingdom than the USA.

Line up the terrorism events of the past 30 years, and decide who is more responsible, Iran or KSA? KSA's fundamental influence on Islam with money pushing Wahhabism has effected Sunni-ism. Oddly enough, most Saudis I knew were not Wahhabist, and many were quite dismissive of them. The few Wahhabi I knew were genuinely sincere and not a part of the bribery, corruption came. 

The west's continued intervention just makes it worse.