Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainman

Tax Refunds Will Be Paid on Time Despite Shutdown, Mnuchin Says

U.S. Treasury Department is ready for the tax season and will pay tax refunds “as normal,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Fox Business News on Tuesday. The longest government shutdown in modern U.S. history hit the Internal Revenue Service at one of its busiest times of the year -- just weeks ahead of the tax filing season, which began Monday. Tax preparers are anticipating that the number of people who will request extra time to submit their returns will increase this year, as taxpayers continue to wait for guidance from the IRS that was delayed by the shutdown.

Too much lightly pronounced claims so far...

If you see people start tweeting “everyone wants to flex around tax time” it’s because they didn't have a job and won’t get a refund...

I got $10 that says they will not call everyone back.  Anyone know where we can see the statistics?

Employment at the IRS before and after the recent shut down will not be the same number.   Transforming a bloated, over staffed bureaucracy, into a an efficient program is very difficult to achieve.

Now that's "out of the swamp" thinking!

...also I'm expecting a refund.  Via a private software, I submitted my tax return last week, and  last Saturday, did my girlfriend's.  Typically see the refund in about two weeks via direct deposit.  I will let you all know how long it takes this year.

Cheers