Observatus Geopoliticus

US-backed coup in Venezuela not so smooth

(edited)

13 minutes ago, TXPower said:

What’s the correlation between Trump and the others mentioned in this thread?  You lumped him in with murderers and leaders who willingly withhold life sustaining necessities.  

So, putting aside the regressive leftist ideology, which I respect the right of anyone to have, and the trademark But Trump.........talking points, please provide specific examples of how you drew the parallel.  

It was a joke - lighten up.  The parallel is that horrible people can have many supporters.

Although some of those separated kids might consider their parents life sustaining necessities. He is probably also anti-vaccination.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

At your age, still believing in Hollywood fairy tales ? The bad guy kills his own people, the US and democratic hero comes, free the people, everybody is celebrating and the economy recovers...

After hundreds of US coups/wars/destibilizations, even a 5-years old kid couldn't believe this bull....

fairy tales  ?

your buddy Maduro has routinely killed his own people...  are you on his staff or something....?   are you his PR guy...?

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Really?  You believe that there can be an "independent Venezuelan polling firm"?  Does this even deserve discussion?   Wow, now you will tell me that "fact checkers" like Snopes are not biased either.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TXPower said:

Missing the stability that Saddam’s iron fist reign provided is not the same as missing Saddam.  Your right, it’s not a majority that miss him, not even close, it’s a small number that long for Saddam.  

Apart from childish fans, nobody misses a politician, everybody misses the policy of a politician. So missing Saddam's stability somehow means missing Saddam.

And no, it's not a small number. I have asked you twice : have you lived in Iraq ? Just answer. If yes, then we can share our experiences. If no, then you have no point arguing here.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Illurion said:

fairy tales  ?

your buddy Maduro has routinely killed his own people...  are you on his staff or something....?   are you his PR guy...?

And you, are you on Bolton's staff or something..... ? Are you his PR guy... ?

See ? I can too use this kind of troll's tactics. Grow up a spine and talk like an adult please. Answer the hundreds of ''freedom'' US coups/wars.

By the by, Maduro isn't my buddy. I actually dislike him because I see everyday Venezuelans escaping their country's economical mess. But that's not the point here, we're talking about a US coup/destabilization. Just as it happened in Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Iraq etc. The list is too long and the world is feed up with US ingerence.

For a beginning, try to search about Mossadegh, Arbenz and Allende.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DHT said:

Really?  You believe that there can be an "independent Venezuelan polling firm"?  Does this even deserve discussion?   Wow, now you will tell me that "fact checkers" like Snopes are not biased either.

Yes, there is an independent polling firm. And there's an independent Parlement too, haven't you noticed ? What do you think ? That Venezuela is a totalitarian dictature ? Stop watching MSM and start getting your facts straight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Given how bad Chavez and Maduro has managed the economy, Venezuela would actually benefit from more US intervention.  

It's not just MSM.  Most nations (like Columbia, Brazil, Europe) around the world consider Maduro to be an illegitimate dictator who has sold the country to Russia, Cuba, and China.  For all your criticism of "foreign intervention," you're remarkably quiet when Russia and Cuba do it.  

Your words carry no weight because you criticize "foreign intervention" only if it's done by America.  It's obvious you have an ax to grind against America as you never criticize Russia for human rights abuses or "invading other countries".  For example, Russia's invasion of Ukraine is a much more egregious attack on a sovereign nation than anything the US has done in Venezuela and yet you focus all of your ire on "American foreign intervention."  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1

On 2/21/2019 at 10:51 PM, Maxim Androsov said:

True. It won't be difficult to start a war neutralizing any isolated S300 or even 5 or 10 of them. Quickly and fiercely. What will be difficult is to win or merely finish that war. It's been 18 years since the United States invasion of Afghanistan. That war is far from being over and is considered to be lost by the U.S.. It's just the facts. And Taliban don't even have a single S300.

I sincerely hope the US doesn't start another war just to lose that one too.

Did you ever look at what sits between Iraq and Afghanistan?  Lost wars?  Or, permanent bases of 100% battle hardened troops with all the toys they need for a neighborhood BBQ?

image.thumb.png.fdd6bbb0257f6ad4b15edc266b61c543.png

(edited)

9 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

Apart from childish fans, nobody misses a politician, everybody misses the policy of a politician. So missing Saddam's stability somehow means missing Saddam.

And no, it's not a small number. I have asked you twice : have you lived in Iraq ? Just answer. If yes, then we can share our experiences. If no, then you have no point arguing here.

Do the people also miss his dynamic-duo of sons Uday and Qusay?

I have not lived in Iraq.  You having done so does not make you an Iraqi, an expert and it certainly doesn’t plug you in to her populace such that you can speak for large swaths of her people. I’ve been to places the world over, it doesn’t make me an expert on those people’s or their wants and desires. 

Since you insist.  I have worked with Iraqi immigrants, several.  Many of whom still have family there.  Some from the north of the country some from the south.  What none of them pine for is the return of Saddam.

Your argument is as untenable as you think mine.  Both that missing stability equates to missing Saddam and that since you claim you have lived there, everyone else must be silenced.  I reject that as childish.  You, like I, have no superior means of proving that few or many Iraqis would like to see Saddam back.  Whether one,  both or neither of us have lived in Iraq.

Edited by TXPower
Content
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

It was a joke - lighten up.  The parallel is that horrible people can have many supporters.

Although some of those separated kids might consider their parents life sustaining necessities. He is probably also anti-vaccination.

That is stating the obvius isn’t it?  Hillary won the popular vote.  

Now it’s withholding vaccinations? The kool-aid much......

3 hours ago, TXPower said:

Do the people also miss his dynamic-duo of sons Uday and Qusay?

I have not lived in Iraq.  You having done so does not make you an Iraqi, an expert and it certainly doesn’t plug you in to her populace such that you can speak for large swaths of her people. I’ve been to places the world over, it doesn’t make me an expert on those people’s or their wants and desires. 

Since you insist.  I have worked with Iraqi immigrants, several.  Many of whom still have family there.  Some from the north of the country some from the south.  What none of them pine for is the return of Saddam.

Your argument is as untenable as you think mine.  Both that missing stability equates to missing Saddam and that since you claim you have lived there, everyone else must be silenced.  I reject that as childish.  You, like I, have no superior means of proving that few or many Iraqis would like to see Saddam back.  Whether one,  both or neither of us have lived in Iraq.

You don't get it, do you ? I'm not a Saddam fan, actually I didn't like the guy at all. He started like a Soviet puppet, then turned his back in 1983 to become a US puppet and a Saudi proxy against Iran. If some aspects of his regime were pretty good (freedom of women, religious freedom), he was a brutal dictator and, yes, his sons were awfull.

What I'm saying is that I was surprised by the relatively high numbers of Iraqi people missing Saddam era. My astonishment was even higher in Kurdistan where Saddam gased and killed thousands of people. Even there, I met many people saying ''It's a pity Saddam is gone, he was a bastard but at least Iraq was stable''. It surprised me a lot, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Given how bad Chavez and Maduro has managed the economy, Venezuela would actually benefit from more US intervention.

It's up to the Venezuelans to decide, not the US and their regime-change spin doctors. In France, Macron has put the country in a mess, is it  reason for a US regime change there ?

7 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Most nations (like Columbia, Brazil, Europe) around the world consider Maduro to be an illegitimate dictator

Wrong again. Only about 50 countries have recognised US puppet Guaido as the legitimate president, that's 1/4 of the nations in the world.

After ''the millions Maduro killed'', you seem to have a real problem with facts and figures. Hope you don't work as an accountant...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Did you ever look at what sits between Iraq and Afghanistan?  Lost wars?  Or, permanent bases of 100% battle hardened troops with all the toys they need for a neighborhood BBQ?

In Iraq, US military presence is in the balance. In Afghanistan, they talk to the Taliban to find a way to escape the country. So yep, lost wars. Your ''battle hardened troops'' have been beaten by a bunch of guys in black pyjamas. Again...

But you're right on one thing : one of the objectives of these messy US wars was to surrounder Iran. Suicidal policy followed for decades by Washington. Iran and Shias are harmless, the danger is the Sunni lunatic terrorists killing innocent people all around the globe (Al Qeda, ISIS). Instead of allying with Iran against Saudi Arabia and other backers of the terrorists, US-led West is allied to the worst scum in the world ; the Sunni petromonarchies financing terror.

US used these jihadists in Afghanistan, in Chechnya, in Bosnia, in Syria. The so-called ''war on terror'' is a pityfull joke : US is hand in hand with the terrorists for 40 years.

Edited by Observatus Geopoliticus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

In Iraq, US military presence is in the balance. In Afghanistan, they talk to the Taliban to find a way to escape the country. So yep, lost wars. Your ''battle hardened troops'' have been beaten by a bunch of guys in black pyjamas. Again...

But you're right on one thing : one of the objectives of these messy US wars was to surrounder Iran. Suicidal policy followed for decades by Washington. Iran and Shias are harmless, the danger is the Sunni lunatic terrorists killing innocent people all around the globe (Al Qeda, ISIS). Instead of allying with Iran against Saudi Arabia and other backers of the terrorists, US-led West is allied to the worst scum in the world ; the Sunni petromonarchies financing terror.

US used these jihadists in Afghanistan, in Chechnya, in Bosnia, in Syria. The so-called ''war on terror'' is a pityfull joke : US is hand in hand with the terrorists for 40 years.

You illigetimize yourself calling Iran harmless.   That is complete and total bunk.  In addition to being a US hater you are either willfully blind, a partisan or not as observatus geopoliticus as your forum name would have us believe.  Hate the US if you want, but don’t make yourself look silly trying to be an apologist for Tehran, a regime with plenty sin at home and internationally.  People will take you more seriously.

• Upvote 4

(edited)

In a perfect world, somewhere between "Mad Mike's 5th Commando" & "Simon Mann's Executive Outcomes", CITGO USA would hire a force to rescue the

"CITGO SIX" and once they were safely in the air, return to Caracas & arrest Maduro, turning him over to the World Court, there to face charges for crimes against the Venezuelan people............ At least the movie version...........

But i digress

U.S. Aid is there in neighboring Colombia, so is the CIA.

Senator Marco Rubio, speaking to the Venezuelan expats in southern Fla.,

promises support for the young, courageous, president of the National Assembly,

Juan Guaido. He has the young people by his side and in the streets.

In Caracas, "La Guardia" tries to contain them, in the border towns of Colombia,

confrontations on the bridge, and freeway, have led to a truck burning just yesterday. The powderkeg is lit.

Maduro just closed the border with Colombia.

The OAS & United Nations Security Council, have yet to meet on the new development.

What happens next, will determine the course of events to follow.

With the Russian Rosneft part owner of Citgo, the Chinese looking to get some of their investment back from Maduro, and Russian, Cuban, Chinese & American intelligence agencies swarming the area, it will come to a head soon.

Will it be a "Bloodless Coup" as in 1958, when "PJ" deposed the dictator before him, whom fled to Cuba and, Batista gave him shelter, before Fidel came down from the mountains?

ONLY the Venezuelan people, and the president of the National Assembly hold the key.

Let us hope they choose wisely, and soon.

Maduro will realize he has a choice, leave with a full sack alive, or on a slab........

When the military, the Russians, Cubans & Chinese realize the jig is up, he will be done. When there is no more loot to boot, the GREEDY will see the end.

The professional military will swing to Guaido. Some have fled to the U.S.

When that transfer takes place, it will be complete.

Edited by Glenn Ellis
SPELLING
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

17 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

Grow up a spine and talk like an adult please.

First of all    BOY.......

I AM GROWN MAN...

If you want to be treated as an adult,  then you need to start talking to us as IF YOU WERE AN ADULT.......

Which you do not....

If you want people to treat you better,  why don't you stop acting like a PETULANT CHILD,  and treat us better........

Why don't you actually USE YOUR NAME.........?

Talk about  "SPINELESS"   ......

Instead,  you are  hiding  behind the ridiculous title of    "OBSERVATUS GEOPOLITICUS"......?

You are nothing but a small,  internet troll.........

You joined this OIL FORUM  and all but one of your posts is about Venezuela............

Why is that ?

Grow up.....

Edited by Illurion
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Ellis said:

In a perfect world, somewhere between "Mad Mike's 5th Commando" & "Simon Mann's Executive Outcomes", CITGO USA would hire a force to rescue the

"CITGO SIX" and once they were safely in the air, return to Caracas & arrest Maduro, turning him over to the World Court, there to face charges for crimes against the Venezuelan people............ At least the movie version...........

But i digress

U.S. Aid is there in neighboring Columbia, so is the CIA.

Senator Marco Rubio, speaking to the Venezuelan expats in southern Fla.,

promises support for the young, courageous, president of the National Assembly,

Juan Guaido. He has the young people by his side and in the streets.

In Caracas, "La Guardia" tries to contain them, in the border towns of Columbia,

confrontations on the bridge, and freeway, have led to a truck burning just yesterday. The powderkeg is lit.

Maduro just closed the border with Columbia.

The OAS & United Nations Security Council, have yet to meet on the new development.

What happens next, will determine the course of events to follow.

With the Russian Rosneft part owner of Citgo, the Chinese looking to get some of their investment back from Maduro, and Russian, Cuban, Chinese & American intelligence agencies swarming the area, it will come to a head soon.

Will it be a "Bloodless Coup" as in 1958, when "PJ" deposed the dictator before him, whom fled to Cuba and, Batista gave him shelter, before Fidel came down from the mountains?

ONLY the Venezuelan people, and the president of the National Assembly hold the key.

Let us hope they choose wisely, and soon.

Maduro will realize he has a choice, leave with a full sack alive, or on a slab........

When the military, the Russians, Cubans & Chinese realize the jig is up, he will be done. When there is no more loot to boot, the GREEDY will see the end.

The professional military will swing to Guaido. Some have fled to the U.S.

When that transfer takes place, it will be complete.

It will be an interesting read when t is all over..

ps:  COLOMBIA...   not  Columbia.........

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

Well, that proves it.  Dude up there's (Observus (edited for community guidelines)) got an ax to grind against America.  Another angry internet shill.  

Probably paid by the Russians.  

Edited by Rodent
violation of community guidelines

21 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Well, that proves it.  Dude up there's (Observus Stupididus) got an ax to grind against America.  Another angry internet shill.  

Probably paid by the Russians.  

Isn't that the vast majority of the world?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

No.  Neither the Chinese nor the Indians are particularly anti-American and they make up the majority of the world.  The Chinese would rather copy from the Americans than fight them.  What's the point of getting angry when you can just copy their technologies? If anything Americans are more annoyed at China than the other way around.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

No.  Neither the Chinese nor the Indians are particularly anti-American and they make up the majority of the world.  The Chinese would rather copy from the Americans than fight them.  What's the point of getting angry when you can just copy their technologies? If anything Americans are more annoyed at China than the other way around.  

I'm not sure I agree about China.  The trade deal, internet fighting, and now the Huawei exec thing and the 5G ban.  

(edited)

Doesn't matter. Note how the central government is negotiating in good faith on the trade deal.  

There's two ways to look at it.  The fact that the US is now taking active countermeasures against China shows that they consider China to be a threat, which in a sense is a badge of honor.  

Sure, there's Chinese nationalism.  Internet blah blah blah "i'm better than you, you suck, etc. etc."  But China's copied too much from the US to truly hate them.  I mean, their entire highway signage system is copy and pasted from the Americans. Google search "Chinese traffic signs".  The average person is never going to hate the US like the way they hate the Japanese.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Observatus Geopoliticus said:

It's up to the Venezuelans to decide, not the US and their regime-change spin doctors. In France, Macron has put the country in a mess, is it  reason for a US regime change there ?

Wrong again. Only about 50 countries have recognised US puppet Guaido as the legitimate president, that's 1/4 of the nations in the world.

After ''the millions Maduro killed'', you seem to have a real problem with facts and figures. Hope you don't work as an accountant...

Millions have been forced to vote with their feet. The elections held were jokes as in Russia, eliminating the best candidates. The technology of dictatorship continues to advance by communists, socialists, and Muslims.  

There are many small nations that vote in the U.N. Their vote is not important to the way the world actually works. The vast majority of South and Central Americans are against Maduro. It should be well noted that the new socialist President of Mexico abstained. President Trump should have a talk with him about that. Guaido, is also a socialist and hopefully will not win the next election. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

“Copy”, that’s a bit generous.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1