Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainman

Cuba Charges U.S. Moving Special Forces, Preparing Venezuelan Intervention

Cuba charged on Thursday that the United States was secretly moving special forces closer to Venezuela as part of a plan to intervene in the South American country using the pretext of a humanitarian crisis.A “Declaration of the Revolutionary Government” charged recent events in the country amounted to an attempted coup that had so far failed. U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has been trying to pressure Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro to step down and hand over power to Juan Guaido, the head of Venezuela’s National Assembly. Guaido invoked a constitutional provision to assume the presidency three weeks ago, arguing that Maduro’s re-election last year was a sham. These events, the declaration said, had led the United States to impose drastic sanctions causing damage “1000 times greater” than the aid it is trying to force on the country.

• Like 1

Doesn’t Russia already have Spetsnaz there?

• Like 2

Someone needs to save those poor people...Maduro didn't do that...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nicolás Maduro still has support from Cuba, Russia, Turkey and the military commanders...

• Like 1

The foundations of Venezuela’s regime are cracking, not yet collapsing

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

Nicolás Maduro still has support from Cuba, Russia, Turkey and the military commanders...

What about China?

In any case, he's not strong enough to keep power...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My apologies but it seems no one seems to remember that the USA has always been creating trouble in OIL rich countries whether it's the Middle East or Venezuela...  Do people actually believe they care for the poor people of Venezuela?

(edited)

If Madura is forced out, I am sure that a number of democratic presidential candidates would enlist him as a vice presidential running mate.

fartacus.jpg

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, panditji said:

My apologies but it seems no one seems to remember that the USA has always been creating trouble in OIL rich countries whether it's the Middle East or Venezuela...  Do people actually believe they care for the poor people of Venezuela?

A better question is does anybody believe Cuba, Russia, China or Turkey give two oil drops about the poor people of Venezuela.  Um, no.  Russia, China, Cuba and Turkey are real humanitarian powerhouses, said NO ONE EVER......

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Hey James Frisk,  too bad we can't stop your farts!  Maybe if Bush two and his leader Cheney had not tried to get rid of their leader in late 2003 things might not have gone this far.

DyQBqFPX0AAP7QN.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pavel said:

The foundations of Venezuela’s regime are cracking, not yet collapsing

7 hours ago, rainman said:

What about China?

China is now trying to keep their billions by working with Guaido. 

4 hours ago, panditji said:

Yes, they do. No nation has helped the peoples of other countries nearly as much as America has. Maduro is presently attempting to blockade our food from reaching the hungry people of Venezuela. Venezuelans are aware of that, as you should be also.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

No nation has helped the peoples of other countries nearly as much as America has.

It really depends on how you look at it and over what time frames.  Without Russia we would probably be speaking German.

A lot of modern aid from the US is in the form of infrastructure protects - not cash transfers.  For example they will rebuild a port or bridge or whatever and claim the whole value was aid but the projects are awarded to US companies so really the money doesn't leave the US. Yes the country gets something sorta for "free" but the real motivation isn't humanitarian - it's because the US needs that port or bridge to conduct trade AKA exploit their resources.

12 hours ago, rainman said:

What about China?

China won't get involved anyways maduro is bad for business and Venezuela use to be the 4th best economy in the world at one point. Infact it would be better for the China to back usa on this one 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronwagn said:

China is now trying to keep their billions by working with Guaido. 

Guaido makes more sense for us and China business wise he brings more to the table and give Venezuelans hope again. Maduro dosent have enough clout he is a clown and his generals will fold on him like a lawn chair real soon this isn't the middle east and no other countries in the Americas will help maduro he's better off flying to Moscow and applying for asylum. 

• Great Response! 1

There are conflicting reports about China-Guaido talks.

The Wall Street Journal said Chinese diplomats, concerned about oil projects in Venezuela and almost $20 billion that Caracas owes Beijing, had held talks in Washington with representatives of Juan Guaido.

“In fact the report is false. It’s fake news,” Hua Chunying, spokeswoman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, told reporters when asked about the article.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-venezuela-politics-china/china-calls-report-of-talks-with-venezuela-opposition-fake-news-idUKKCN1Q20SD

14 hours ago, panditji said:

Yes We and Our Governments do care about people suffering under Despotic Regimes Oil or No Oil.  Remember we did fight the Cold War For Forty Years to Free The People of Eastern Europe and Russia from Communist Tyranny and continue to do so in Cuba and North Korea and China.  The Coming Cold War with China will be a test of The World's Democracy's to Continue our Collective resolve against Tyrannical Regimes.  OIL rich countries have a Tendency to produce Corruption and poor Management which leads to a Strong man to save the day for the People....and we know how that always Turns out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Robert Earl Gee Jr. said:

Hey James Frisk,  too bad we can't stop your farts!  Maybe if Bush two and his leader Cheney had not tried to get rid of their leader in late 2003 things might not have gone this far.

DyQBqFPX0AAP7QN.jpg

They do forget that more Rural Whites are on Welfare than Urban Blacks...many more Minimum wage Jobs by Percentage in Rural Areas Than Big City's Also...Because...Bill Clinton and Bush 2 Shipped all There Decent Paying Factory Jobs to Mexico and China...and they Remembered.. which is why we have a Clown Car Driver in the White House.

25716142581_4398d98711_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Robert Earl Gee Jr. said:

DyQBqFPX0AAP7QN.jpg

Robert You got that Wrong....Bush 2 wanted nothing to do with Killing that Ass Clown...Umm...I mean Savior of the People Hugo Chavez.  If those Democratic Pussy's had a Pair They would have Shot the Fu**** in the head and left his body for the Sharks when they had the chance instead of asking Bush 2 for Permission.

15 hours ago, TXPower said:

A better question is does anybody believe Cuba, Russia, China or Turkey give two oil drops about the poor people of Venezuela.  Um, no.  Russia, China, Cuba and Turkey are real humanitarian powerhouses, said NO ONE EVER......

Says the American media.. And if you want to start counting countries where the US has interfered with no reason compared to the above mentioned countries, I would be happy to...  

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, panditji said:

Says the American media.. And if you want to start counting countries where the US has interfered with no reason compared to the above mentioned countries, I would be happy to...  

Happy to what, provide a list of the past or current legitimate humanitarian efforts of those countries?  Like Cuba, China and Russia are now engaged in Venezuela for example?  Or perhaps the great things China and Russia have done over the decades and are now doing in Africa out of the goodness of their hearts?  

I suspect you dislike America for our Middle East, Central and South East Asian policies and history.  I won’t defend every action we’ve taken in those theatres.  The US, like every country has some blots on their record.  Iraq comes to mind, I’m not particularly proud of that one.

But to be fair let’s talk about your home country, I like to know with whom I’m comparing apples and oranges for context.  What feats of humanitarianism is your home country known for?  And what feats of humanitarianism are the previously mentioned counties known for?

I can tell you with no doubt that the US could stop all humanitarian efforts today and most of the rest of the world would never catch up.  We spend over 25 billion a year in direct foreign aid.  That excludes military aid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXPower said:

Happy to what, provide a list of the past or current legitimate humanitarian efforts of those countries?  Like Cuba, China and Russia are now engaged in Venezuela for example?  Or perhaps the great things China and Russia have done over the decades and are now doing in Africa out of the goodness of their hearts?  

I suspect you dislike America for our Middle East, Central and South East Asian policies and history.  I won’t defend every action we’ve taken in those theatres.  The US, like every country has some blots on their record.  Iraq comes to mind, I’m not particularly proud of that one.

But to be fair let’s talk about your home country, I like to know with whom I’m comparing apples and oranges for context.  What feats of humanitarianism is your home country known for?  And what feats of humanitarianism are the previously mentioned counties known for?

I can tell you with no doubt that the US could stop all humanitarian efforts today and most of the rest of the world would never catch up.  We spend over 25 billion a year in direct foreign aid.  That excludes military aid.

I am from India which has never invaded/interfered in any other country's affairs since we keep fighting amongst ourselves... I have nothing against Americans but I absolutely loath it's foreign policies as it has caused undue deaths of millions of people around the world only for OIL... The humanitarian aid you talk about comes after your politicians cause absolute chaos, carnage to suit their interests/business.. If you stop interfering in the first place, there would be no need for humanitarian aid.. 

Coming to Venezuela oil crisis, even Wikipedia will tell you that till such time Exxon and Mobil were exploiting Venezuela's oil, the relations were super cordial between the US and the Dictator Marcos Pérez Jiménez. I wont bore you sir but you can go through the below link and wonder why the US had excellent relations with a dictator who overthrew the elected President in the 50s and then caused mayhem supported by the US..Why should the US create a situation where people are killed, made homeless and then give humanitarian aid? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States–Venezuela_relations#The_Roosevelt_Corollary_and_Dollar_Diplomacy 

It is all about the oil as we all know that Venezuela has the largest oil reserves.. I would be happy to be proved wrong if you can convince me with facts and I will change my opinion...I have not touched Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Vietnam, other South American countries etc etc...

It is all about the oil as we all know that Venezuela has the largest oil reserves.. I would be happy to be proved wrong if you can convince me with facts and I will change my opinion...I have not touched Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Vietnam, other South American countries etc etc...

If it was all about the oil then why did we just effectively ban Venezuelan oil?

• Like 1

I am from India which has never invaded/interfered in any other country's affairs since we keep fighting amongst ourselves... I have nothing against Americans but I absolutely loath it's foreign policies as it has caused undue deaths of millions of people around the world only for OIL... The humanitarian aid you talk about comes after your politicians cause absolute chaos, carnage to suit their interests/business.. If you stop interfering in the first place, there would be no need for humanitarian aid.. 

Coming to Venezuela oil crisis, even Wikipedia will tell you that till such time Exxon and Mobil were exploiting Venezuela's oil, the relations were super cordial between the US and the Dictator Marcos Pérez Jiménez. I wont bore you sir but you can go through the below link and wonder why the US had excellent relations with a dictator who overthrew the elected President in the 50s and then caused mayhem supported by the US..Why should the US create a situation where people are killed, made homeless and then give humanitarian aid? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States–Venezuela_relations#The_Roosevelt_Corollary_and_Dollar_Diplomacy 

I have already conceded that the US has some blots we aren’t particularly proud of.

Having said that we do way more than anyone else across the world for causes that have zero to do with oil.

I appreciate your willingness to mention your own internal national struggles but wonder why you gloss over it.  India can’t and shouldn’t try and involve itself in other countries matters, your citizens don’t enjoy equal rights and religious freedom without fear of persecution, first freedoms.  I won’t bore you with links demonstrating the copious examples of these facts.  

No doubt hubris and greed have steered some of our national decisions.  I make no excuses.  What I do is put you in check on your hypocrisy.  Remove the plank from India’s eye instead of worrying about the splinter it the US’.  The inhumanity in your country, much of it government supported both overtly and covertly, necissariliy precludes India from projecting itself anywhere else on the world stage.

Folks aren’t clamoring to immigrate to India.  Folks from India and the world over are clamoring to come to the US.  Surprising irony for an evil country, no?

What is India’s annual humanitarian contribution beyond its borders?

• Like 3