Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Aramco in Talks on $2 Bln Loan from Japan

Everybody seems to be eager to give their money to Aramco ahead of its IPO. And if it flops?

Just two months ago, the Brits approved the securing of a $2-billion loan for Aramco to attract the IPO to London.

Reuters now reporting that Hong Kong, London and NYC have all officially been 'shortlisted' for the Aramco IPO ... 

20 minutes ago, TraderTate said:

Reuters now reporting that Hong Kong, London and NYC have all officially been 'shortlisted' for the Aramco IPO ... 

which means that Toronto, Tokyo, and Singapore are effectively out of the running.

I understand that the loans are a way to leverage the Aramco balance sheet ahead of the IPO because after the IPO it won't be able to benefit from cheap funds as 'sovereign borrower' because it won't be state-owned anymore.

Right, so the fees would be substantially higher. Borrowing now at lower rates is smarter than borrowing later at higher fees.

(edited)

That's interesting, will see what will happen after this. I spoke recently with some guys from Mortgage Broker Durham, they said that the loan is quite risky but, it is worth it. I will definitely read more about Aramco, it looks interesting. Not only that, but I am now interested in stock marketing, and this company looks promising, I will definitely invest in this company. What do you think about that? Is it a good idea or not? Feel free to text in case you want to speak with me. Have a nice one

Edited by Ouallan