PP

Tension On The Edge: Pakistan Urges U.N. To Intervene Over Kashmir Tension With India

Pakistan’s foreign minister appealed to the U.N. Secretary General on Tuesday to help ease tension with India that has escalated sharply following a suicide bomb attack in the Indian part of disputed Kashmir, that India blamed on Pakistan. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, facing an election by May, has warned Pakistan to expect a “strong response” to the bombing claimed by a Pakistan-linked militant group, raising fears of conflict between the nuclear-armed neighbors. “It is with a sense of urgency that I draw your attention to the deteriorating security situation in our region resulting from the threat of use of force against Pakistan by India,” Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi wrote to U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres. “It is imperative to take steps for de-escalation.  The United Nations must step in to defuse tensions,” he wrote, blaming India for deliberately ratcheting up its hostile rhetoric for domestic political reasons.

• Like 2

Pakistan affiliates Afghan peace talking by its relation with India which is something very apart.  This time Pakistan confronts nighbours reaction..

• Like 1

Imran Khan said India should "stop blaming Pakistan without any proof or evidence" and urged Indian authorities to share any "actionable intelligence".

• Like 1

Pakistan is mother and father of all terrorist cells....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope that two nations will find each other enough now that many die.. But,  India needs to show evidence for these claims. We know that the elections near, but peace is more important than Modi's win....

4 minutes ago, rainman said:

I hope that two nations will find each other enough now that many die.. But,  India needs to show evidence for these claims. We know that the elections near, but peace is more important than Modi's win....

" Pakistan based terror group (JeM) has claimed responsibility for the terror attack at Pulwama."

Easy to find...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pavel said:

Pakistan’s foreign minister appealed to the U.N. Secretary General on Tuesday to help ease tension with India that has escalated sharply following a suicide bomb attack in the Indian part of disputed Kashmir, that India blamed on Pakistan. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, facing an election by May, has warned Pakistan to expect a “strong response” to the bombing claimed by a Pakistan-linked militant group, raising fears of conflict between the nuclear-armed neighbors. “It is with a sense of urgency that I draw your attention to the deteriorating security situation in our region resulting from the threat of use of force against Pakistan by India,” Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi wrote to U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres. “It is imperative to take steps for de-escalation.  The United Nations must step in to defuse tensions,” he wrote, blaming India for deliberately ratcheting up its hostile rhetoric for domestic political reasons.

Pakistan has a strong enough military and intelligence agency to control a lot of these terrorists. They seem to use the various groups for their own benefits. They had no trouble hiding Osama for years. It took extraordinary measures to find him right next to one of their military bases. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Pakistan has a strong enough military and intelligence agency to control a lot of these terrorists. They seem to use the various groups for their own benefits. They had no trouble hiding Osama for years. It took extraordinary measures to find him right next to one of their military bases. 

The fact of the matter is that this goes on all the time,  and Pakistan always does the same thing........  ie:  PAKISTANI TERRORISTS ATTACK INDIA,  AND BEFORE INDIA CAN RESPOND,  PAKISTAN COMPLAINS TO THE UNITED NATIONS SAYING    "HELP US,  THE MEAN INDIANS WANT TO HURT US."

Isn't is interesting how fast Pakistan always complains to the UN ?

Almost as if the Pakistani government knew in advance that the attack was going to occur....!

Last year,  it was Pakistani terrorists killing tourists at an India Luxury Hotel..........

Long ago,  my father used to joke that "the saddest thing about the end of the cold war is that Russia didn't nuke New York and Washington DC first........

I feel the same way about Pakistan..........  War between Pakistan and India is inevitable,  and it will be Pakistan that starts it....

Personally,  i hope India wins.........   I had a girlfriend in college from India.....  She was gorgeous...  And so polite.......

That was a long time ago....   I hope she has had a good life.............

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Illurion said:

The fact of the matter is that this goes on all the time,  and Pakistan always does the same thing........  ie:  PAKISTANI TERRORISTS ATTACK INDIA,  AND BEFORE INDIA CAN RESPOND,  PAKISTAN COMPLAINS TO THE UNITED NATIONS SAYING    "HELP US,  THE MEAN INDIANS WANT TO HURT US."

Isn't is interesting how fast Pakistan always complains to the UN ?

Almost as if the Pakistani government knew in advance that the attack was going to occur....!

Last year,  it was Pakistani terrorists killing tourists at an India Luxury Hotel..........

Long ago,  my father used to joke that "the saddest thing about the end of the cold war is that Russia didn't nuke New York and Washington DC first........

I feel the same way about Pakistan..........  War between Pakistan and India is inevitable,  and it will be Pakistan that starts it....

Personally,  i hope India wins.........   I had a girlfriend in college from India.....  She was gorgeous...  And so polite.......

That was a long time ago....   I hope she has had a good life.............

Sadly we would have to nuke most of our cities to help impede control of more states by Democrats. Said in Jest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Pavel said:

both of them going to have to sit otherwise its going to get bad

• Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Pakistan has a strong enough military and intelligence agency to control a lot of these terrorists

Their military/intelligence created and trained these terrorists

• Great Response! 2

(edited)

Britishers ruled, plundered and exploited this subcontinent and divided the country before leaving. Both India and Pakistan are suffering because of that sinister, ill witted partition. Today two nuclear neighbors are hostile to each other since birth and fought many wars and lost thousands of people -counted both sides. Borders are never calm and unprovoked shelling, firing from both sides are a common place. Situations in the bordering states like Punjab and J&K are testimony to never ending hostilities of these two arch rivals. Once most powerful British Empire is today reduced to an Island which is again most divided, polarized and in a state of  total pandemonium  and expectedly waiting to be further splitted post hard Brexit. It is predicted that the importance of London will fade away and reduced to nowhere within a decade post Brexit . 

Neighbors always have problems in the borders, few  erect concertina fencing , few build walls -all because of political reasons , occasionally do end up in fighting  but terrorism  across the borders is a global menace. Today USA, Europe, India, China, Arabs and all countries suffer because of this . This is a global challenge and needs global action. No nation can afford War in 21st Century. No more death and mourning , the World needs peace, prosperity and togetherness. We are same people, same hope , aspirations and compassion- just divided by boundaries, colour of the skin , languages and religions. 

Edited by Sukumar Ray
  • Downvote 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, damirUSBiH said:

Imran Khan said India should "stop blaming Pakistan without any proof or evidence" and urged Indian authorities to share any "actionable intelligence".

i am of the opinion that may times proofs have been given to Govt of Pakistan by Indian but they dont budge... and they never accept. Secondly what else proof does Pakistan wants when the person who is claiming the responsibility of the attack lives in Pakistan who hijacked the plane from India and got himself released ... Now they fear action from Indian Army... they need to take corrective action at their end But they keep appeasing the hardliners in their own country .... Needless to mention Army of Pakistan has its own agenda

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Liberty County Landman said:

This powder keg has been a long time coming. India and China also having disputes barely covered by MSM.

Yes, true.  India has border disputes with China also. But these border disputes should never become a war like situation.  China, India and Pakistan all three Asian countries have powerful military with nuke capabilities  . All are aware of  each others abilities and it is maintaining a balance in the region . India is a peace loving country and are never agressive and hostile to any country. In its 5000 years history India has never attacked any country in the World. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 2/20/2019 at 12:48 AM, Sukumar Ray said:

Britishers ruled, plundered and exploited this subcontinent and divided the country before leaving. Both India and Pakistan are suffering because of that sinister, ill witted partition. Today two nuclear neighbors are hostile to each other since birth and fought many wars and lost thousands of people -counted both sides. Borders are never calm and unprovoked shelling, firing from both sides are a common place. Situations in the bordering states like Punjab and J&K are testimony to never ending hostilities of these two arch rivals. Once most powerful British Empire is today reduced to an Island which is again most divided, polarized and in a state of  total pandemonium  and expectedly waiting to be further splitted post hard Brexit. It is predicted that the importance of London will fade away and reduced to nowhere within a decade post Brexit . 

Neighbors always have problems in the borders, few  erect concertina fencing , few build walls -all because of political reasons , occasionally do end up in fighting  but terrorism  across the borders is a global menace. Today USA, Europe, India, China, Arabs and all countries suffer because of this . This is a global challenge and needs global action. No nation can afford War in 21st Century. No more death and mourning , the World needs peace, prosperity and togetherness. We are same people, same hope , aspirations and compassion- just divided by boundaries, colour of the skin , languages and religions. 

I disagree.....

The difference between Pakistan and India is RELIGIOUS.........  NOT POLITICAL...........

The British are absolutely NOT responsible for religious wars between Pakistan and India....

As an outside observer:   India's main religion is peaceful........  Pakistan's main religion is NOT peaceful........   The vast majority of the terrorist attacks are by Pakistan's religious terrorists.....

Those are the facts.......

Please stop blaming the British..    I am not even British,  but even i can see they are not part of this.......

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/19/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sukumar Ray said:

Britishers ruled, plundered and exploited this subcontinent and divided the country before leaving

How long are you Inders going to keep using this excuse for all your problems? I think the partition is the best thing that ever happened to India. Do you really want 200 million more Muslims as part of India? I'm surprised you didn't blame the British for the caste system too.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, shadowkin said:

How long are you Inders going to keep using this excuse for all your problems? I think the partition is the best thing that ever happened to India. Do you really want 200 million more Muslims as part of India? I'm surprised you didn't blame the British for the caste system too.

I completely disagree. Partition is the Worst thing that had happened and causing calamities across our borders .  Britishers did terrible things . It comes back to you what you do unto others. India has the 3rd largest Muslim population  in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan and living peacefully since Independence . Imagine no partition happened . India, Bangladesh and Pakistan combined would have given huge geographical  position and 375 million extra population working for the development of the nation.India could have spent billions for developmental works , education , health and infrastructure  which is currently wasted for protecting its borders and cross border terrorism. Political equation with China would have been different . BTW, If you think Muslims are a problem for India , then you are truly Insane and Inhuman. Muslims in this country can become President and have been contributing for the development of  India like any people  from  other religions. India is a divine and mysterious land where so many religions can co-exists peacefully and you should been surprised for that.

Edited by Sukumar Ray

(edited)

16 hours ago, Illurion said:

I disagree.....

The difference between Pakistan and India is RELIGIOUS.........  NOT POLITICAL...........

The British are absolutely NOT responsible for religious wars between Pakistan and India....

As an outside observer:   India's main religion is peaceful........  Pakistan's main religion is NOT peaceful........   The vast majority of the terrorist attacks are by Pakistan's religious terrorists.....

Those are the facts.......

Please stop blaming the British..    I am not even British,  but even i can see they are not part of this.......

I think- difference between India and Pakistan is partly Religious and MOSTLY POLITICAL. Partition creating Borders and Inconclusive Borders which we call "Line of Control" and "Actual Line of Control" are  true bone of contention- not Religion.  India has been maintaining very good and strong relations with many countries in the world who are more religious Islamic than Pakistan. Religions really does not make such difference in this world, otherwise Muslim countries would not have fought against each other  indulging in Fratricidal Wars. As for example, China and Japan , North Korea and South Korea , USA and Russia have enmity emanating from Religious differences ??  I do not think so. Who can be blamed  for partition of India according to you ?  Can you please kindly enlighten me on that ?

Edited by Sukumar Ray
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

52 minutes ago, Sukumar Ray said:

I completely disagree. Partition is the Worst thing that had happened and causing calamities across our borders .  Britishers did terrible things . It comes back to you what you do unto others. India has the 3rd largest Muslim population  in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan and living peacefully since Independence . Imagine no partition happened . India, Bangladesh and Pakistan combined would have given huge geographical  position and 375 million extra population working for the development of the nation.India could have spent billions for developmental works , education , health and infrastructure  which is currently wasted for protecting its borders and cross border terrorism. Political equation with China would have been different and If you think Muslims are a problem for India , then you are truly Insane and Inhuman. Muslims in this country can become President and have been contributing for the development of  India like people from  other religion. India is a divine and mysterious land where so many religions can co-exists peacefully and you should really be surprised for that.

Cast system in India originated much before British History- since Vedic Ages. It will continue till  Hinduism exits. It is in our Holy Scripts. BTW, there are so many sects in other religions also like in Islam and Christianity . Who created them -Any Idea ??

Edited by Sukumar Ray
  • Downvote 1

On 2/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, ronwagn said:

The search for Bin Laden was a huge source of revenue. 

It's the Pakistan Army, the mercenary branch, that protects the House of Saud. However they have their limits, that declined to attack Yemen. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sukumar Ray said:

Cast system in India originated much before British History- since Vedic Ages. It will continue till  Hinduism exits. It is in our Holy Scripts. BTW, there are so many sects in other religions also like in Islam and Christianity . Who created them -Any Idea ??

You're misunderstanding. Maybe something lost in translation. Yes the caste system was created in India. My point was not a few Inders in the West are always blaming the caste system on 'Britishers' or the exploitation of it by them. But if Inders hadn't of dreamt up such a system there would be nothing to exploit along these lines. Btw a caste system within a religion is different than sects as exist in Islam and Christianity or Judaism. That is an apples to oranges comparison.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, John Foote said:

It's the Pakistan Army, the mercenary branch, that protects the House of Saud. However they have their limits, that declined to attack Yemen. 

I would argue it's more the ISI. At any rate yes the Paks have their limit. Not only Yemen but Saudi wanted a Muslim NATO and they wanted Pak to do the majority of fighting and dying while Saudis sat back in palaces drinking coffee and being fanned by foreign workers. Saudi thought because they threw money at Pak in the past and promised to in the future they could get their way but no dice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowkin said:

I would argue it's more the ISI. At any rate yes the Paks have their limit. Not only Yemen but Saudi wanted a Muslim NATO and they wanted Pak to do the majority of fighting and dying while Saudis sat back in palaces drinking coffee and being fanned by foreign workers. Saudi thought because they threw money at Pak in the past and promised to in the future they could get their way but no dice.

The KSA also wanted their nukes. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sukumar Ray said:

Without the partition, far more blood would have been shed and the Muslims would be in total control of India and beyond.