Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

BMW to add 2,000 more jobs at Dingolfing plant

BMW says that it is hiring 2,000 more people at its Dingolfing factory for jobs in electrification in a push to ’emerge winner’ in the auto industry’s transition to electric and autonomous vehicles.

The increasing demand for e-mobility, which benefits Dingolfing in particular, is also noticeable at the vehicle plant. In 2018, the share of electrified models more than doubled year-on-year, to around 9% of the total production output. Almost 30,000 plug-in hybrids of the BMW 5 Series and 7 Series rolled off the assembly lines at the Dingolfing plant. A total of around 330,000 vehicles were built at the location in 2018, including, as a first, the new BMW 8 Series’ coupe and convertible variants. Thanks to these figures, Dingolfing was once again the BMW Group's largest European production site in terms of production output.

• Like 1

They're running out of announcement and claims.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vlad Kovalenko said:

BMW says that it is hiring 2,000 more people at its Dingolfing factory for jobs in electrification in a push to ’emerge winner’ in the auto industry’s transition to electric and autonomous vehicles.

Why "new jobs"? Why not up-skill the people they have?
The simple truth is that BMW lost the momentum after the i3 launch in 2013. 
They are now losing sales to cost efficient Tesla model 3's, and it will be almost impossible for them to compete in a few year's time.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Tesla is a big competitor for BMW and they admitted last year that Tesla Model 3 is putting pressure on the market when it comes to demand for EVs. They are aware that automakers has to do more to combat Tesla as they see Model 3 affecting their sales. Apparently they think that this model is a competitor to the Model 3. Maybe they should think again. 

8-_i03fa?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 1

I admire the confidence they have. But with this design, hmm

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AdrianC said:

Why "new jobs"? Why not up-skill the people they have?
The simple truth is that BMW lost the momentum after the i3 launch in 2013. 
They are now losing sales to cost efficient Tesla model 3's, and it will be almost impossible for them to compete in a few year's time.

Consumer Reports just dumped the Tesla i3. Will that reduce sales and tarnish Tesla?

8 hours ago, Brian W said:

I admire the confidence they have. But with this design, hmm

The grill looks like buttocks. Maybe the design would be a good bumper.