Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Bahrain Asks for U.S. Help for Huge Oil Discovery

Remember that giant discovery they announced last year? 80 billion barrels at least, they said. Now we may find out if it's true. Here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Remember that giant discovery they announced last year? 80 billion barrels at least, they said. Now we may find out if it's true. Here.

Not a problem......

Have Trump tell Bahrain the USA will finance the whole deal to produce the field................

In exchange,   we will treat the proceeds of the field like Alaska treats the proceeds from fields in Alaska......

Every USA Citizen gets a $1000 or more check from Bahrain every year.......

Sounds fair to me........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Well, pretty sure it's true, lining up American know how and expertise is the key without being said. And why shouldn't they want our help. Non OPEC producers are our friends. Opec+ set the greed table too high and going to bite them hard. If ya live on the government tit of oil, as most middle eastern producers have been, population growth expanded rapidly and more mouths to feed. Should have divested a lot of the oil cash into other revenue generating sources. I FEEL no pity for them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

If the profit margins on this oil are wafer thin I wonder how a lean US or other western company is going to cope with having to carry all the local placements to meet various employment quotas? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Non OPEC producers are our friends. 

Don't fool yourself about Bahrain not being in OPEC, in many respects it is completely a vassal state of Saudi Arabia. 

The culture of the people is quite different than overall KSA. But the government is really an extension of KSA. KSA soldiers help put down moves for a representative government in 2011. I've been caught in tear gas and tire fires a few times. Few things scare a monarchy more than the notion of representation. The historical culture of the region along the coasts is and Bahrain is quite different than the interior culture of KSA. The history of the Dilmun culture is very old. The island is blessed with water. 

Bahrain is also where you'll find copious amounts of the US Navy. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NickW said:

If the profit margins on this oil are wafer thin I wonder how a lean US or other western company is going to cope with having to carry all the local placements to meet various employment quotas? 

Yeah, offshore and shale. Doesn't sound very low-cost.

11 hours ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Well, pretty sure it's true, lining up American know how and expertise is the key without being said. And why shouldn't they want our help. 

I didn't say they should't want anyone's help. I do question the size of the discovery as did virtually everyone when they announced it at a very significant moment politically though I have forgotten why the timing of the announcement was noted as significant, i.e., not exactly coincidental.

• Like 2