Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM

Falkland oil project eyes green light

An oil project in Falklands Islands is on track to get the go-ahead by the end of this year as the companies involved in the development work to secure $1.5 billion in financing. It’s eight years since Rockhopper Exploration Plc discovered the 220 million-barrel Sea Lion field off the Falkland Islands. A green light for the project would signal renewed confidence in the outlook for the oil industry after a three-year slump in investments due to low prices.

I am still amazed with the fact that Falklands are British territory

Europeans stealing the non-renewable resources of far away continents: nothing new under the sun

Anything could happen by the end of the year, which just started. I'm sure Argentina will have something to say about it. 

Without agreement with Argentina, I think that the supply route to oil field equipment and services will be stretched across the Atlantic, making the operating cost excessive. This development is uneconomic and not feasible.

Falkland's oil won't compensate for Brexit