50 shades of black

'All-or-nothing' U.S. Approach Toward North Korea Won't Work

The United States should seek the gradual denuclearisation of North Korea because an “all-or-nothing” strategy will not help break an impasse in talks, a special adviser to South Korea’s president said on Tuesday. U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held their second summit last month on U.S. demands that North Korea dismantle its nuclear program in exchange for security guarantees and the lifting of sanctions. But the talks in Vietnam broke down without agreement, although the two leaders parted on good terms. Moon Chung-in, a special national security adviser to South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in, said both sides were to blame for the breakdown, but the United States appeared to have suddenly toughened its stand and called for North Korea’s complete denuclearisation despite earlier suggestions it might agree to a phased approach.

• Like 2

That approach doesn't work with anybody anymore...unless you're in a Sci-Fi movie.

• Like 2

Nope....N.Korea is gonna Play Hardball, due to China's support, Russia's support and and madness of KJU

• Like 1

North Korea did not stop its nuke program but it's been running all along. Word has it they're getting ready to launch again. So after two summits we are under zero....

Step by step approach is more acceptable in North Korea's denuclearization process.  It will be the only reasonable option for peace and prosperity on the Korean Peninsula.

Answer from NK will come very soon: a new nuke threat from old launching pad...

It would have been nice if the talks had worked out,  but they didn't.........

I had my hopes up that we would not have a fight......

Trump doesn't mess around........

He started out stating what he would do,   then agreed to "talk" so that afterward,  NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO SAY HE DIDN'T TRY.........

Appears rocket man is about to launch one of his toys.........

Big mistake...........

14 hours ago, Pavel said:

Nope....N.Korea is gonna Play Hardball, due to China's support, Russia's support and and madness of KJU

I think he would do it to enrich North Korea but I don't think China or Russia would allow it. He would die as mysteriously as one of Hillary's enemies. 

China may well put a full stop to North Korea's nuke program, in exchange for IP and trade war concessions.  Look at the larger picture folks.  All is not what it seems and I still personally believe face to face dialogue is the smarter way.  Even Trump has stated that this will take years, and Kim and China and everybody else agrees.  But if Trump is successful at de-nuking NK, even if it is because of China, or especially because of China, then he can own a significant victory, cut back on Chinese largess to a significant degree in the process and put a great deal of stabilization back into the region as a whole.  IMHO.