Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Dudley to Oil: Talk to the Green New Deal Backers

I'm sorry, that would be Deepwater Horizon. I thought the context would explain it.

@Meredith Poor, what's that?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

For your edification and amusement.

ERCOTUSWeatherCombined20190313.png

I'm not sure what that image is showing

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rodent said:

I'm not sure what that image is showing

The graphic to the left is the ERCOT (.com) map of power prices paid to each of the generators at that moment in time. Much of the area in blue are paid 'negative rates' - to the extent their plants are running at all they pay to put their power on the grid. Anyone familiar with Texas realizes that most of the area north of IH-20 is in the blue.

However, due to transmission line constraints or outages, some areas are 'printing money', as shown in the red areas. The price per Mwh in the mouse-over is $564 per Mwh.

The chart to the right is the National Weather Service national map. The 'dark tan' area covering Texas and parts of OK, NM, CO, and KS is a wind storm warning.

ERCOT is the Energy Reliability Council of Texas, essentially the grid oversight organization for most of the state.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Talk to 'Green New Deal' backers, BP CEO tells oil industry

Hehe, what wouldn't they do to wash away that DH smear, eh?

Pretty stupid not to say that natural gas replacing coal is the largest factor in reducing emissions but he is British and they prefer coal to their own abundant natural gas. 

(edited)

He's American, actually. A U.S. citizen, at any rate, as Reuters invariably notes in stories about BP and Rosneft.

Edited by Marina Schwarz

8 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Pretty stupid not to say that natural gas replacing coal is the largest factor in reducing emissions but he is British and they prefer coal to their own abundant natural gas. 

First, the UK has shut down all it's coal mines. Every last one. Keyword search 'coal-free power days in Britain'.

Second, Dudley is the first American CEO of BP. The Brits made such a mess of the US operation that BP had to promote an American into the role in order to understand how the US oil business works.

• Like 1

(edited)

16 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

First, the UK has shut down all it's coal mines. Every last one. Keyword search 'coal-free power days in Britain'.

Second, Dudley is the first American CEO of BP. The Brits made such a mess of the US operation that BP had to promote an American into the role in order to understand how the US oil business works.

Good to hear. Still 8,760 hours in a year and it does get cool in Britain.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/18/the-uk-surpasses-1000-coal-free-hours-in-2018/

Edited by ronwagn
added reference

1 hour ago, Meredith Poor said:

I'm assuming you meant hours. Otherwise perhaps this is Jupiter years.

I will correct it.