Marina Schwarz

AOC vs Wells Fargo CEO on Dakota Access

"According to AOC, the bank should be held responsible for any environmental damage that arises from the pipeline:

So hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn’t Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

"While Sloan’s response was simply ‘because we don’t operate the pipeline’ he added that the lender had conducted due diligence."

I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it. Here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it.

14d8d1ed1fa8254775b15a993aea4141c039eb4cb0aaaf4f733bb6e14a52b66f.png

• Haha 8

Kiddddzzzzzz........

1 hour ago, Marina Schwarz said:

"According to AOC, the bank should be held responsible for any environmental damage that arises from the pipeline:

So hypothetically, if there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline, why shouldn’t Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?"

"While Sloan’s response was simply ‘because we don’t operate the pipeline’ he added that the lender had conducted due diligence."

Rodent 2020 

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

This must be part of AOC's plans to stimulate investment!  (Although I loathe Wells Fargo)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dan Warnick said:

This must be part of AOC's plans to stimulate investment!  (Although I loathe Wells Fargo)

That's the beauty of a free country and capitalism.  You can vote with your dollar.  Don't like Wells Fargo? Don't borrow from them or don't do your banking with them.  If enough people were disappointed with their lending decisions, they would feel the hurt and act accordingly.  If most people don't give a hoot, they would continue lending willy nilly  to whomever they choose, as is their right. 

The notion that a lender is responsible for a borrower's actions is.... not well thought out, other than the natural consequence of having to eat it's own investment should it go bad.  

R2020 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Rodent said:

That's the beauty of a free country and capitalism.  You can vote with your dollar.  Don't like Wells Fargo? Don't borrow from them or don't do your banking with them.  If enough people were disappointed with their lending decisions, they would feel the hurt and act accordingly.  If most people don't give a hoot, they would continue lending willy nilly  to whomever they choose, as is their right. 

The notion that a lender is responsible for a borrower's actions is.... not well thought out, other than the natural consequence of having to eat it's own investment should it go bad.  

R2020 

"...not well thought out."  Roger that!  AOC doesn't understand that an investor's ability to do due diligence does not make it a business partner, at least not in my mind.  If she took her logic to its ends, she would find a nice old retiree with a pension fund investment, and that person should and would be, under her logic, held accountable as well.  The accountability of an investment is that the investment fails and they lose their money.  Am I to understand that AOC thinks the investors should not only lose their investment money, but also be held accountable for anything the business does?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is not a new tactic from the rabid left and reminds me of the lawsuits form years back when the left was suing gun manufacturers for being complicit to violence in cases where a gun they made was used in a crime. 

It is just as wrong now to apply this warped logic but I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Rodent, I love the signing of your posts with "R2020". Can I do the same in support of your "candidacy"? Maybe if I use it as a "p.s." at the end of a post or reply to a post?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MUI said:

Rodent, I love the signing of your posts with "R2020". Can I do the same in support of your "candidacy"? Maybe if I use it as a "p.s." at the end of a post or reply to a post?

Indeed you may.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

Indeed you may.

Can I be your running mate? I am not as silly as AOC, I promise. 

(edited)

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

R2020 

Wells Fargo still supports gun manufacturers and dealers. https://www.americanbanker.com/articles/wells-fargo-ranks-no-1-in-arranging-financing-for-gun-industry

We use Chase but should switch to Wells Fargo. 

Conservative Companies to Support

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_dV4nIpwC-V3hCH2sszzTVHW_mI5TwhEpEc9K16irPM/edit#

Edited by ronwagn

6 hours ago, Bobby P said:

Can I be your running mate? I am not as silly as AOC, I promise. 

What's your platform / slogan?

( "I'm not AOC" is not a valid platform, although it would prolly get some votes. )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

What's your platform / slogan?

( "I'm not AOC" is not a valid platform, although it would prolly get some votes. )

Damn, how do you come up with a slogan that endears the unitiated voting public to a completely unknown candidate who is only known by a moniker that is commonly associated with a commonly despied pest?

I  know!!       R2020

• Like 2

I know: Vote for Reason!

Okay, it's not very catchy but it is the truth.

I just realised today AOC is so me when I was... 15, I think. Endearing under other circumstances.

17 hours ago, MUI said:

This is not a new tactic from the rabid left and reminds me of the lawsuits form years back when the left was suing gun manufacturers for being complicit to violence in cases where a gun they made was used in a crime. 

They did? Why am I even asking this question? I'm appropriating "the rabid left" to use as a distinguisher from the normal left. Yeah, I know left and normal are mutually exclusive for most people here. Still. 

R2020

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Wells Fargo still supports gun manufacturers and dealers. https://www.americanbanker.com/articles/wells-fargo-ranks-no-1-in-arranging-financing-for-gun-industry

We use Chase but should switch to Wells Fargo. 

Conservative Companies to Support

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_dV4nIpwC-V3hCH2sszzTVHW_mI5TwhEpEc9K16irPM/edit#

Oh please, Ron, do some more research on Wells Fargo than just that they support the gun market on both sides (buyers and sellers).  Wells Fargo are some of, some of, the biggest crooks in the land.

6 hours ago, Dan Warnick said:

Oh please, Ron, do some more research on Wells Fargo than just that they support the gun market on both sides (buyers and sellers).  Wells Fargo are some of, some of, the biggest crooks in the land.

I am well aware of their problems but am primarily concerned with freedom in banking and Second Amendment rights. The other issues pale by comparison. Our IRA is with Wells Fargo and we did well. No problems whatsoever. 

The organized Left has used the courts and leftist appointed judges to try cripple the Oil Indusrtry by focusing on pipelines. Only by strong regulations and regaining sensible control of the courts will we ever make progress. 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:06 AM, Rodent said:

R2020 

Same concept as the drug companies being sued over pain killers, same as gun manufacturers supposedly being liable for what idiots do with their products, same as any concept the dumbcrats are looking at, someone to point the finger at when it goes haywire. If they have their way we'll be eating everything from soft paper packages, no utensils needed because they can be dangerous when wielded by a crazy person, so we need to get rid of all those bad things bad people use to hurt others with, you could strangle someone with a long sock, so we'll sue the companies that make socks and make sure they are out of business. Etc, etc, etc....

(edited)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, Oil Dude said:

The organized Left has used the courts and leftist appointed judges to try cripple the Oil Indusrtry by focusing on pipelines. Only by strong regulations and regaining sensible control of the courts will we ever make progress. 

And we do have a POTUS trying to do that right now, Trump has appointed more conservative, constitution minding judges to the federal courts than any other in this century. If he keeps going we will get this country back.....

Edited by SERWIN
Typo fix