Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Model Y

It's kind of cute but I don't understand this urge for SUVs and crossovers. That's my problem, of course, just wondering.

22 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

It's kind of cute but I don't understand this urge for SUVs and crossovers. That's my problem, of course, just wondering.

Definitely not for everyone, but if Tesla wants to grab more market share, this is an absolute must.  There are so many places where SUVs are a necessity.  But there is also this cute trend for urbanites looking for this lightweight, sporty-looking SUVs that are not so much functional as they are "cool". 

The Tesla SUV likely fits the latter category. It looks like there is an all-wheel drive version (there is never a need for an SUV that isn't all- or four-wheel drive) for $51k which is a bit better, but a truly functional SUV needs to be 4-wheel drive.

Good on ya, Tesla.  This was a necessary step in your evolution. Now let's get a 4-wheel drive vehicle.

R2020

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

But there is also this cute trend for urbanites looking for this lightweight, sporty-looking SUVs that are not so much functional as they are "cool". 

That's the one I can't understand. I have nothing but respect for The Real Machines.

R2020