Will Trump Cave Again

(edited)

OPEC threatens US Banks if Trump signs NOPEC . Trump campaigned on deregulating the oil and gas business.  Allowing Nation States national oil companies protection from anti-trust liability for price fixing is direct contradiction of free market principles.  The cost and supply of oil has changed and will continue so.  Signing NOPEC  would let markets determine oil price. 

Last year Trump caved on his campaign promise to eliminate the BIGGEST EVER WsllStreet tax loophole  "Carried Interest".  

US oil interest also want to kill NOPEC.  Of course they want to prop up oil prices as much as OPEC.  No other commodity or resource is afford such protection. Before the shale natural gas industry took off US was paying$12 to $14 per mm/btu.  I was told that the drop in natural gas prices would kill shale gas industry.  It's now $2.85 mm/btu and investment in natural gas exploration and liquification has skyrocketed.

Trump pal Continental Oil's Harold Hamm has been pushing his buddy to let WTI oil go to $65 to $70. What Harold calls the sweet spot.  Continental and Hess Energy are reporting return of over 55% at market price of $50 in the Bakken. 

Then Trump's son-in-law  Jared was sent on "secret trip" to meet with Saudi Prince Mahommad Bin Salman during the last week in February.  The local consulate was not informed and was not allowed to participate in the meetings. Where's the transparency ?

Watch .... Congress will put the NOPEC bill on his desk before the Presidential election. He will have a difficult decision to make.

A US President should not be threatened.

WallStreet and Big Oil are the biggest contributors to Presidential campaigns. They are consolidators. 

Before Hillary announced she was running Goldman Sachs held a  black tie gala to honor her for her Charitable work and support for women.

Hedge Fund Black rock hired several of the Clinton Charity people and put Clinton Charities attorney on their Board of Directors.

Exxon made a substantial contribution to to Clinton Foundation and funded a Hillary Clinton Women's Program.

Trump doesn't owe anybody (that I know about)

Edited by JJCar
Typo

Congress won't even move NOPEC forward.

This is not your father's Congress  . . .  Very anti anything related to oil . Also very upset about Prince MBS cutting up a US resident journalist Khashoogi with bone saws after he went to get a marriage authorization to marry his bride.  

If Saudi's don't comply US will attach their Louisiana Refinery.

Maybe ?  Maybe not ?

Justin , you blog like someone long shale oil stocks ?

2 hours ago, Justin Hicks said:

Congress won't even move NOPEC forward.

Congress has already (previously) moved NOPEC to the finish line by a wide margin. (I personally think NOPEC will be a hard no-go, but just saying.) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

7 hours ago, Rodent said:

Congress has already (previously) moved NOPEC to the finish line by a wide margin. (I personally think NOPEC will be a hard no-go, but just saying.) 

Didn't go anywhere that time, won't go anywhere this time.. Ask yourself, how will it be enforced? The World Bank won't do anything, other countries won't go along. The US has absolutely no leverage in this.

Edited by Justin Hicks
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JJCar said:

Justin , you blog like someone long shale oil stocks ?

What is long shale oil stocks?

9 hours ago, JJCar said:

This is not your father's Congress  . . .  Very anti anything related to oil . Also very upset about Prince MBS cutting up a US resident journalist Khashoogi with bone saws after he went to get a marriage authorization to marry his bride.  

If Saudi's don't comply US will attach their Louisiana Refinery.

Maybe ?  Maybe not ?

Louisiana refinery?

Last time I was down there Motiva was still in Port Arthur Texas 😊

And Congress can be upset all they want. If they were going to act, they would have already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justin Hicks said:

Louisiana refinery?

Last time I was down there Motiva was still in Port Arthur Texas 😊

And Congress can be upset all they want. If they were going to act, they would have already.

Texas . . . Louisiana what's the difference.  Congress did act before Bush and Obama vetoed it.  

Different oil market now.  US doesn't have to bow to Saudi prices.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaand what YOU know is not the measure of ANYthing. So that's totally irrelevant. ***

It's pretty clear Trump owes Putin a great deal. Trump has been erratic about EVERYTHING, including his wall (steel,  no steel, mexicans, cash, no cash) but NEVER  about his undying love, love, love for Putin. And he supports the  king-butcher Moh Bin (ben???) Salman.
And does Putin have pee-sex photo's and video of Dump? Certainly fun to speculate about but methinks...not. I think it's more likely Putin has something much more explosive, like something on Ivanka. And DoD.

*** This whole blue collar billionaire persona is a fairy tale, given his consistent attack on blue collar workers, from increasing toxic rivers and air to the stripping of workers rights. Trumps first Scotus boy, is an errand boy whose most important case states that a truck driver should have let himself be frozen to death rather than abandon his truck in minus 30 degree weather. (Of course, the driver was black, so that explains Gorsuchs ruling, he is a RepubliKKan...... )

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, JJCar said:

You must not be familiar with Putin.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

Yea ...  Trump's performance in Helsinki was a bit much

2 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

You must not be familiar with Putin.

Yes, Trump's performance in Helsinki was a bit much

17 hours ago, Justin Hicks said:

Didn't go anywhere that time, won't go anywhere this time.. Ask yourself, how will it be enforced? The World Bank won't do anything, other countries won't go along. The US has absolutely no leverage in this.

it could be enforced through their US assets.  but of course the legislation won't go through regardless 

The Saudi refinery in the US is a state of the art facility may soon get a 6 billion dollar upgrade. Its capacity is already close 700,000 bpd. 

Its Congress, not Trump who want the Saudi to pay for their price fixing and collusion. 

Just an opinion but GW had the worlds economy crash under his watch. Just like Carter did so many decades ago. 6 years of high oil might still linger in the minds of lawmakers knowing the Saudi had production capacity. The prince might be smart to pay a little homage if he wants that refinery.

N America being FF independant has also left importers outside N America with little leverage they traditionaly had.

2 hours ago, Rodent said:

it could be enforced through their US assets.  but of course the legislation won't go through regardless 

They could. The only issue there is retaliation. There are 14 member nations in OPEC, each one would be subject to asset forfeiture under the proposed legislation. Think of how many countries would stop importing US goods and agricultural products if something like this happened. But you are correct, it's not coming.

(edited)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:04 AM, TheSteelGeneral said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaand what YOU know is not the measure of ANYthing. So that's totally irrelevant. ***

It's pretty clear Trump owes Putin a great deal. Trump has been erratic about EVERYTHING . . . . 

PLEASE. . . . . Does every conversation have to go political and you're forced to take a side. If you want talk politics go watch some Rachel Maddow reruns or boycott Fox News advertisers.

Putin is irrelevant to this Oil Price board.  I'm not promoting Trump.  

I don't vote for politicians . . .  It only encourages them.

My point is he is not beholden to the large Special Interest as in WallStreet , Unions, Big Oil, Environmentalist , etc. as it relates to winning the presidency or re-election.

In his 2011 book he blasted OPEC and argued it needed to be stopped. During his campaign for President he said he would go after OPEC.  

No president would ever go after NAFTA. Ohhh Trump did.

No president would dare go after China for their unfair trade policies.  Ohhh Trump did.  

Maybe Trump's tough talk was all campaign rhetoric . . . but he's on the record.  

One thing for certain is US oil and gas resurgence is a very powerful geopolitical tool (weapon) and I believe Trump will leverage it to the fullest.

BETO For 2020 Skateboarding President. 

(Why is it when BETO shows up at a restaurant or diner to campaign he always stands on the table ? People  eat off of those tables).

Edited by JJCar
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/16/2019 at 6:44 PM, JJCar said:

Yea ...  Trump's performance in Helsinki was a bit much

Yes, Trump's performance in Helsinki was a bit much

"A bit much"

Either you mean this sarcastically, or you are a Trump condoner ("aww shucks, Tramp ain't so bad!") the Senate is now full of.

(edited)

On 3/17/2019 at 1:24 AM, JJCar said:

PLEASE. . . . . Does every conversation have to go political and you're forced to take a side. If you want talk politics go watch some Rachel Maddow reruns or boycott Fox News advertisers.

Putin is irrelevant to this Oil Price board.  I'm not promoting Trump.  

I don't vote for politicians . . .  It only encourages them.

My point is he is not beholden to the large Special Interest as in WallStreet , Unions, Big Oil, Environmentalist , etc. as it relates to winning the presidency or re-election.

In his 2011 book he blasted OPEC and argued it needed to be stopped. During his campaign for President he said he would go after OPEC.  

No president would ever go after NAFTA. Ohhh Trump did.

No president would dare go after China for their unfair trade policies.  Ohhh Trump did.  

Maybe Trump's tough talk was all campaign rhetoric . . . but he's on the record.  

One thing for certain is US oil and gas resurgence is a very powerful geopolitical tool (weapon) and I believe Trump will leverage it to the fullest.

Everything is life is POLITICS, everything. Especially the denial of politics is a VERY poltiical statement. That of KKKonservatism. Politics is not some GAME that you can choose not to participate in. When people start screaming "don't make this political" they mean: Leave the political situation as it is now, I like it. THAT is ..political.

Now Trump. To say that Putin, the BOSS of oilgiant GAZPROM is irrelevant to anything oil especially when it concerns Trump is of a deep, deep unwillingness to confront reality. Or a deep willingness to twist reality into a pretzel. 

And OF COURSE trump is slave to Big Corp. To deny that is to willingly close your eyes. Why else would he have given them such a huge tax cut? Just for kicks? He got paid, or will get paid, in hookers, booze (wodka) cash and golden showers.

What has trump EVER done to hurt the Koch brothers? Not. A. Thing. What. So. Ever. 

Admiring him because Trump does stuff zero presidents have ever done is like admiring a person who throws a brick through your window, steps in, and starts crapping poop in your soup. Or on your couch. Pretty sure no-one has ever done that too. Is that something you would praise?

The stuff Trump does isn't done by anyone because it's OBVIOUSLY stupid. Some (you?) like trump because he goes after the brown people, yells at The Blacks, and threats women like dirt. He has learned to lie about all that, but in his unguarded moments it all comes out. If his behaviour makes you feel better to be a white man, you should be ashamed, but also, have your head examined. Because he's a scam artist and law breaker who nobody should let near their sister or daughter. 

Here, just two articles about him, which make me truly wonder why anyone would vote for him and believe anything he said. 

Trump and white nationalist accounts: Four RTs, four Twitter suspensions.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-white-nationalist-accounts-suspended-retweets.html

Remember when Trump paid actors to cheer during his presidential campaign announcement?
https://theweek.com/speedreads/800082/remember-when-trump-paid-actors-cheer-during-presidential-campaign-announcement

And what you say is self-contradictory:

Trump will use the oil-weapon to the fullest, but in order to do that, he has to be in bed with Big Oil including Putin. They bought ...eeer   financed him. 

Edited by TheSteelGeneral
is that my laptop crashed