AB

Judge Halts Drilling on Wyoming Public Lands Over Climate Change

A federal judge temporarily blocked oil and gas drilling on thousands of acres of public land in Wyoming, ruling that the Trump administration failed to "sufficiently consider climate change."

The decision by Judge Rudolph Contreras of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia found that the U.S. Bureau of Land Management failed to adequately assess the environmental impacts of drilling on the roughly 300,000 acres by not studying how each proposed drilling project could contribute to overall U.S. carbon emissions.

The ruling marks the first time the Trump administration's energy agenda has been halted for not considering climate change.

https://www.ft.com/content/24005406-4b32-11e9-8b7f-d49067e0f50d

Just curious, would it be in bad taste and poor form for me to suggest that this gung-ho judge be shut off from gasoline, and oil & gas products, to assist him in realizing his environmental concerns?

Probably.

Um, never mind.

Let's just allow this Judicial Overreach to continue unimpeded and unchallenged, and trample the U.S. Constitution.

Everyone happy now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The 9th Circuit Court has set the precedent that the Courts, not Congress or the American people, will have the final say in issues such as climate change or illegal immigration.

I wonder if this judge defined what qualifies as "adequately assessing" involves? Is this judge even qualified to make the decision that the impact assessment was not adequate?

Once again it appears that the inmates are running the asylum.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Just curious, would it be in bad taste and poor form for me to suggest that this gung-ho judge be shut off from gasoline, and oil & gas products, to assist him in realizing his environmental concerns?

How about a shouting/drinking/whatever match between this guy and the judge that dismissed the San Francisco/Oakland cases against Big Oil? You must admit it would be more humane. I'm feeling very humane today.

• Haha 2