Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SM

Mysterious attack on Russia's bases in Syria

A series of mysterious attacks against the main Russian military base in Syria, including one conducted by a swarm of armed miniature drones, has exposed Russia’s continued vulnerability in the country despite recent claims of victory by President Vladimir Putin. The attacks have also spurred a flurry of questions over who may be responsible for what amounts to the biggest military challenge yet to Russia’s role in Syria, just when Moscow is seeking to wind its presence down.

He Who Has Bigger Button would be my first uneducated guess. But I am way behind in recent geopolitics 

well, if we exclude Russia (which I wouldn't) we have US, Turkey, Israel, Assad, Iran...Pick one and no one should be surprised 

The intelligence agencies are experts at these types of things. Especially the camouflaging to make it look like someone else did it. I am sure Putin knows already

“Those were provocations aimed at disrupting the earlier agreements, in the first place. Secondly, it was about our relations with our partners – Turkey and Iran. It was also an attempt to destroy those relations,” the Russian President Putin said. There were provocateurs there, but they were not Turks,” Putin said, refuting earlier reports saying the attacks on the Russian airbase were carried out by Turkoman units backed by Ankara. “We know who they are. We know whom and how much they paid for these provocations,” Putin said, without naming the organizers of the attacks.  

I note it is a “strange coincidence” of a US military intelligence plane flying over the Mediterranean near the two Russian bases at the moment of the attack.