SP

Climate change's fingerprints are on U.S. Midwest floods

According to scientists climate change played a hand in the deadly floods in the U.S. upper Midwest that have damaged crops and drowned livestock. Trump administration official said more homework was needed before making that link.

5 hours ago, Sofia said:

According to scientists climate change played a hand in the deadly floods in the U.S. upper Midwest that have damaged crops and drowned livestock. Trump administration official said more homework was needed before making that link.

That's the beauty of "Climate "change".  You can blame EVERYTHING on it, and nobody can prove you wrong.  It's the perfect fabricated crisis.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

12 minutes ago, Oil_Engineer said:

That's the beauty of "Climate "change".  You can blame EVERYTHING on it, and nobody can prove you wrong.  It's the perfect fabricated crisis.

yes. instead of "an inconvenient truth" we have "a rather convenient excuse" for all the world's woes. 

If one was a passionate climate change activist, one would think one would be careful not to blame everything on it, lest the message were to get lost in the nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Oil_Engineer said:

15 hours ago, Rodent said:

yes. instead of "an inconvenient truth" we have "a rather convenient excuse" for all the world's woes. 

If one was a passionate climate change activist, one would think one would be careful not to blame everything on it, lest the message were to get lost in the nonsense. 

I blame cow farts for this climate change crisis and media hysteria.

So I'm going to do my part by eating more beef, and reducing the cow population one juicy steak at a time.

You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

(edited)

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I blame cow farts for this climate change crisis and media hysteria.

So I'm going to do my part by eating more beef, and reducing the cow population one juicy steak at a time.

You're welcome.

What is hilarious is that 20-->100Million Bison(really BIG Cattle) used to roam the great plains of the continents of the world... Several million still do and they make far more fart gas than smaller cows.  True, there are more cows around the world, but...  Most of them in INDIA... where they do not eat meat(Muslims must love the free meat)

1) Don't forget  the millions upon millions of horses, oxen everyone used to own to farm with.

2) Last I checked Deer make about ~1/3 as much Methane as a cow and there are marauding gallivanting swash bucklin' millions upon millions(~30million) of  them throughout the USA.  Then we have to add in the Elk, and all other chewing farting multi stomached herbivores. 

So: Hunting season is going to be open soon eh?  Year round

Edited by Wastral
Typed 120 instead of 20...
  • Like 2

I read an article the other day which was discussing the effects of climate change in California. In the paragraph listing specific effects, drought and over abundant rainfall were mentioned!

I would think that if you have excess rain water in one part of the state, that you could cleverly think of a mechanism to get it to the region lacking rainfall. Isn't the Silicon Valley supposed to be populated by people smarter than the rest of us?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Wastral said:

Most of them in INDIA... where they do not eat meat(Muslims must love the free meat)

Funny thing, India is HUGE is beef exports. $$ tends to rule.

Humanity fundamentally effects the planet, and to think anything else is to be in complete denial.

Now does that mean we are all doomed in the next few years, no. We live in a heavily engineered world, and that trend will only increase.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Foote said:

Funny thing, India is HUGE is beef exports. $$ tends to rule.

Humanity fundamentally effects the planet, and to think anything else is to be in complete denial.

Now does that mean we are all doomed in the next few years, no. We live in a heavily engineered world, and that trend will only increase.

Yea and those water buffalo are used for small very poor farming/milk...

What happened after introduction of tractors?  Oxen/Draft Horses disappeared, over grazing, destruction of topsoil stopped and woodlands grew back over large swaths of USA/Europe.  To see this in action just look at Bolivia compared to its neighbors.  Bolivia is essentially a desert while its neighbors are not.  Look at N. Korea.... It is essentially stripped of vegetation and its neighbors are nice and green.  Or look at recent space timelapse of China going from stripped to green.  This is PR... but an example... https://newgenerationplantations.exposure.co/greening-china   This is mostly been done in last few years.  I look t see this trend happening across the Sahel in the coming decades as Africa starts pulling itself up as it makes economic sense to increase farm/grazing land by pushing back desertification against rising population.

Biodiversity falling?  Yes(not good).  Desertification increasing... bet we see a reverse of this as Africa increases in prosperity. 

15 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I would think that if you have excess rain water in one part of the state, that you could cleverly think of a mechanism to get it to the region lacking rainfall. Isn't the Silicon Valley supposed to be populated by people smarter than the rest of us?

Careful what you wish for.  Perhaps you will be as amused as I was about the proposal for the Gravity Pump.

http://gaea.company/technology-gravity-pump/

Abstract:

The Gravity Pump is a self-contained pumping system that can move a quantity of fluid over distance with no external power source.

Gravity-Pump-1.jpg

Gravity-Pump-Design-5-1.jpg

Gravity-Pump-Design.jpg

Gravity-Pump-explained.jpg

• Like 1