Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PT

100 lawmakers call to designate climate change a security threat

A group of more than 100 bipartisan lawmakers in the U.S. House urged President Donald Trump to reconsider the omission of climate change from his administration’s national security strategy, saying it is a step backward on science. I am taking bets

100 days without significant rainfall in my town. Sounds like a national security threat.

The real threat is the denial of climate change and most of all the denial of science proving climate change. What really is I would call a security issue

When was the climate not changing? 

I read somewhere that debating climate change with a denier is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

I read somewhere that debating climate change with a denier is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

indeed, it's hard to understand why someone wouldn't listen to that condescension. 

Climate has become too political of a topic, and both sides are only too happy to dismiss the claims/concerns of others. 

ho hum. i'm sure this is a conspiracy by everyone to get us to not take climate change seriously. tired of the 3-ring circus over serious things. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:18 PM, JohnAtronis said:

When was the climate not changing? 

Before the big bang?

Overpoliticizing something is a sure way to make a lot of people skeptical about it even if it is a fact, as is the human impact on climate. I mean, look at the flat-earthers. I bet there weren't so many of them a decade ago.