Let me get this straight. Someone is now claiming that those nasty white folks are now overly contributing to the climate change myth due to their preferred diet which will somehow be related to 'white privilege'.

Some people will go to any length to drive the 'racial wedge'.

What actually constitutes the 'white diet'? I doubt those white folks in West Virginia are sharing their pinto beans and cornbread (my Dad is from Summers County) with those pesky Irish Americans in Boston. Collard greens from Alabama are probably not popular with those predominately white cowboys in Wyoming. How do you determine a standard diet based on skin color?

The insanity continues.....

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

The insanity continues.....

But that's the American Way, Doug.  When in doubt, go insane.

For example, here in Vermont the local natural-gas distributor, Vermont Gas, just built a pipeline from Burlington down to Middlebury.  The idea was to build these small tub lines off the trunk line to service the commercial and retail users in the small towns off the main line.  they were all set to install the lines in the little town of Bristol, and made the Agreement with the Bristol Select Board to put the lines underneath the town streets, so that each homeowner could elect to tap in for cheap heating fuel, or not, when they got sued by a babble of 37 eco-lunatics and their eco-insane lawyer. The complaint was that the Select Board had not put the matter up for a town-wide vote.  So faced with forever litigation, the gas company and the Town simply vacated the contract.  Result: instead of clean-burning natural gas, the townsfolk and the commercial users can now go pay more for fuel oil. 

Insanity runs deep in American society.  At least, in the 5% that are certifiable.  This is the result when you don't spend the money to build mental hospitals. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Not "The Onion".  The world has lost its collective marbles, apparently.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Actually, if you have the time to click the link to the actual study it's more reasonable. Whites are more than 50% of the total population. Naturally, more people eat more food. I did get pause when I saw the term "Latinx", though. They lost me there as it followed "intersectional".

• Like 1

(edited)

https://www.theblaze.com/news/study-white-people-diets-climate-change

In fact, data provided by the Environmental Protection Agency and National Institutes of Health, which included more than 500 foods and water, found that white people produce, on average, 680 kilogram of CO2 each year. By comparison, Hispanics produce 640 kilograms and African-Americans produce 600 kilograms.

White Americans cause 12% more CO2 than Black Americans and 6% more CO2 than hispanic Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-NWOSOi1O4

Edited by Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas
  • Like 1

If this article was along the lines of:

Wealthy people consume more meat, Consumption levels are detrimental to health, High meat consumption adds to global warming that would be fair enough and a reasoned objective argument. 

What I find insidious about  these articles is that its implied as a  white specific issue as if other ethnicities wouldn't do the same - well look at Gulf Arab states and China. Its all part of the institutionalised and acceptable racism shown towards white people that become quite prevalent in the last few years. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

Midwesterners and select Norteasterners would know this

STOP eating those DAMN little White Castle Sliders 🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔

After a night of imbibing and a sack of those a person could challenge the cows  ( and maybe WIN !! ) 🤣🤣

Edited by Happy Go Lucky
addendum
  • Haha 2

On 3/31/2019 at 11:58 PM, Marina Schwarz said:

New study claims white people's diets disproportionally contribute to climate change

Of course, by "white people" the authors of the study mean "Caucasian Americans," which is just as well otherwise I might have got a tiny little bit angry with the sweeping generalisations.

Time to defund higher education. 

On the other hand, it seems most who graduate from these worthless programs struggle to find jobs.  Because student loans cannot be discharged through bankruptcy, this traps them in a lifetime of debt, which in turn makes it difficult for them to find a mate and procreate.  <Sarcasm> Maybe US higher education has value as a eugenics program... </Sarcasm>

so let me get this straight: climate change is the result of big oil, toxic masculinity, cows, white people, rich people, and every state other than california. 

I now task all of you dear readers with the following this weekend:

• do not eat meat
  • donate your wealth to charity
  • stop being men
  • move to cali

Happy Friday, everyone! 

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rodent said:

so let me get this straight: climate change is the result of big oil, toxic masculinity, cows, white people, rich people, and every state other than california. 

• do not eat meat
  • stop being men
  • move to cali

Happy Friday, everyone! 

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6527524093573492736

image_4c81b815-5787-4c45-b331-ab2b2810866b20190427_075925.jpg

20190427_080312.jpg

9 hours ago, Rodent said:

• do not eat meat
  • stop being men
  • move to cali

Happy Friday, everyone! 

•  no more hot dogs

•  only 12 years left

•  ZOMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

New York City Wants to Ban Hot Dogs to Stop Global Warming

The City of New York is banning hot dogs from government facilities in order to save the earth from global warming. No, they are serious.

Bill de Blasio’s jack-booted city authorities are moving to ban all processed meats from schools, and government-run cafeterias to save the earf.

The new measure comes as part of the city’s version of a “green new deal,” according to Daily Wire:

“The plan,” Z100 says, “will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities. The new commitment builds off of the Meatless Mondays campaign that was adopted by all NYC schools in 2017.”

“It is a difficult plan. It is a necessary plan. … Estimates that tell us that we have only 12 years to get it right. Let’s be clear, we have until 2030 to change things fundamentally, or our lives won’t be the same,” de Blasio said of his global warming plan.

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

•  no more hot dogs

•  only 12 years left

The City of New York is banning hot dogs from government facilities in order to save the earth from global warming. No, they are serious.

Bill de Blasio’s jack-booted city authorities are moving to ban all processed meats from schools, and government-run cafeterias to save the earf.

The new measure comes as part of the city’s version of a “green new deal,” according to Daily Wire:

“The plan,” Z100 says, “will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities. The new commitment builds off of the Meatless Mondays campaign that was adopted by all NYC schools in 2017.”

“It is a difficult plan. It is a necessary plan. … Estimates that tell us that we have only 12 years to get it right. Let’s be clear, we have until 2030 to change things fundamentally, or our lives won’t be the same,” de Blasio said of his global warming plan.

I don't even know what to say about that. I hang my head in shame as part of the soon-to-be extinct human race.

• Haha 1

(edited)

Get ready for the soylent green folks!

I dont think my tri tip dinner tonight adds nearly as much to the "climate change" as my 1 ton diesel pickup that just hauled my 43 foot 5th wheel to Sonoma the last few days. 

This is also a "white people thing" so I think they have bigger fish to fry with us white folk than our burger habits. 

I felt the greenies wilt in agony as I sailed past the birkenstock headquarters on my way home today. 

Edited by J.mo
  • Like 1

Of course white people contribute more to climate change.  White people make more money (fact), spend more, drive more, buy inefficiently produced organic foods, travel more, etc.  It's not because they are superior, but because non-whites were/are severely exploited by whites since early colonial times.

Rice and beans is good for the environment and is cheap - but personally I prefer beef and cheese.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:08 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

•  no more hot dogs

•  only 12 years left

"Godfatherpolitics.com" with a bunch of stupid clickbait on all sides... lol "real news."

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

"Godfatherpolitics.com" with a bunch of stupid clickbait on all sides... lol "real news."

While it may be clickbait, the article on the site is reporting news that Mainstream Media mostly ignores and is refusing to report about.

NYC mayor is power-hungry loco, and his stupidity needs to be reported about.  Widely.

8ecea0382c3deccbb7369f7806d92ebe9e65ed1e8d9e00c2e387bbbbb227940c.jpeg

• Haha 1

My physician calls the typical American diet "affluenza". As folks get more money they tend to eat more meat, and it's far more than a USA problem.

Now his issue isn't anything to do with climate change, though chopping down the Amazon for grazing doesn't help. His issue is for most people, as diet heavy in processed foods and meat takes on toll on the body.

• Like 2