(edited)

Edited by JJCar
Typo
  • Like 1

Silly notion. It's not like they wouldn't still be the largest single player. There days as being the major overriding swing capacity are over. 

And what exactly would signing NOPEC even mean. Would the rest of the world care.

Aramco long ago targeted India and China as the markets that matter going forward. The largest reason for them to stay in the USA market is our stabilizing, military protection. The USA exports a lot, I mean a very lot, to that country. Still lots of big US iron on the roads, oil field services and equipment, the power grid, on and on. 

It would very hard for the suits in Foggy Bottom to let that gravy train go. Though the threat of it will probably bring even more gravy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

Edited by JJCar
  • Downvote 1

My response is they'd still be very successful as an oil company. The market is not their fundamental challenge, internal Kingdom demands are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

Edited by JJCar
  • Like 1

From what I have read, NOPEC would likely damage US companies more as their foreign assets would become vulnerable as well. Thus making it less attractive to do business. China, India, Russia etc.. would be the benefactors in the long run.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0