Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Ford Investing $11 Billion in Electric Cars

Ford will more than double its investment in EVs in bid to catch up with GM and other major automakers. It's $11 billion investment on the technology by 2022. This company is planning to roll out 10 fully EVs within 5 years and first one would arrive in 2020. 

Ford's rivalry with GM lasts for a long time. It seems like Ford is always trying to catch up GM,  but unlike GM, Ford's sales stagnated last year. GM already promised 20 new EVs by 2023 and I would put my bet on GM.  

Well, Ford is investing to meet the international challenge of staying competitive in the EVs market. 

Now when the most of the countries are demanding lower emissions every major auto manufacturer claim they are committed to EV future. I would call it a survival among the automakers. 

It's nice to hear they are making more electric cars, but what about it would be nice to see them creating their own EV charging network. That would be a nice start. 

Exactly. Where Ford and GM expect their batteries to be charged? That's a reason why battery cars will fail and hydrogen cars are our future. 

EVs are better option because they are simpler. Hybrid cars are heavier and complicated because an increase in fuel efficiency is limited. And also more expensive.