The Regime Goes On: Maduro Loyalists Strip Venezuela’s Juan Guaido Of Immunity

According to AP agency, Maduro loyalists stripped Venezuela’s Juan Guaidó of immunity Tuesday, paving the way for the opposition leader’s prosecution and potential arrest for supposedly violating the constitution when he declared himself interim president. But whether the government of President Nicolas Maduro will take action against the 35-year-old lawmaker following the Constituent Assembly’s decision remains unclear. Guaidó has embarked on an international campaign to topple the president’s socialist administration amid deepening social unrest in the country plagued by nearly a month of power outages. He declared himself Venezuela’s interim president in January, and vowed to overthrow Maduro. So far, however, Maduro has avoided jailing the man that the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump and roughly 50 other nations recognize as Venezuela’s legitimate leader. A defiant Guaidó spoke publicly moments after the vote, saying he’s undeterred, while knowing he runs the risk of being “kidnapped” by the Maduro government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this happens it is likely the U.S will threaten military action. Probabbly the Maduro regime will play it carefully and instead use it to intimidate him, than simply arrest him and be engulfed by the obvious anti-authoritarian discourses/condemnation which such an act empowers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every day, a step closer to world war 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atomic clock is starting to pay attention...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to go deeper and deeper, and every day the chances of peaceful solution are less and less.  Of course, Maduro's last few decisions are in direct link with Russian support..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 50 shades of black said:

It's going to go deeper and deeper, and every day the chances of peaceful solution are less and less.  Of course, Maduro's last few decisions are in direct link with Russian support..

Putin has troops in Caracas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting... 

"China Quietly Sends 120 Troops to Venezuela - Sources say that a group of Chinese military personnel arrived on the Margarita Island in the Caribbean Sea off the Venezuelan mainland on March 28 ‘to deliver humanitarian aid and military supplies to the government forces."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like some MAJOR COUNTRIES are taking sides, AND putting some muscle on the path.  Way to much Oil at stake.

Appears the storm clouds are on the near horizion..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ThunderBlade said:

Interesting... 

"China Quietly Sends 120 Troops to Venezuela - Sources say that a group of Chinese military personnel arrived on the Margarita Island in the Caribbean Sea off the Venezuelan mainland on March 28 ‘to deliver humanitarian aid and military supplies to the government forces."

Published accounts indicate that the Russians placed 100 troops and the Chinese 120 if your source is correct. What's that, 2 companies worth of soldiers? The US would call them "advisors".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Published accounts indicate that the Russians placed 100 troops and the Chinese 120 if your source is correct. What's that, 2 companies worth of soldiers? The US would call them "advisors".

More likely, personal bodyguards for Maduro.  Plus some boat or aircraft to evacuate him in case things got too dicey.  Havana, here we come!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0