Tom Kirkman

What Would Happen If the World Ran Out of Crude Oil?

(edited)

Funny thing to me is there is only 41 days of world oil supply being held in strategic reserves so, although this is clearly not the same as us running out of oil, it makes you realize that this supply we have is not necessarily as abundant as we like to think.  If I told you the world only has a surplus of 41 days if oxygen at any given moment on it it wouldn't exactly make u sleep any better at night. Not to mention the fact that it probably couldn't be drawn on as quickly as we would need it.  

Edited by Tom s

On 5/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, Okie said:

the article in Der Spiegel represents only the most right-wing view, so it is not surprising that it was referenced in Forbes

😆🤔🤔🤣😂😜

So you are so far around the bend over in Commiville you ascribe that Forbes is "right wing"... I have heard it all now.  Forbes, one of the leading advocates for expanded government...

1 hour ago, Wastral said:

😆🤔🤔🤣😂😜

So you are so far around the bend over in Commiville you ascribe that Forbes is "right wing"... I have heard it all now.  Forbes, one of the leading advocates for expanded government...

I was referring to a commenter from Germany, who said that the view in Der Spiegel was only the view of the extreme right wing in Germany  And that it was not surprising that Forbes, being a conservative publication in the U.S., would parrot that view here.  It does not take a "commie" view to make that extrapolation.  Yes, Forbes is, like most conservatives, probably like yourself, opposed to "green energy."  You can take up your argument with the German fellow (I assume it was a fellow) who commented on it over at Naked Capitalism.  I was just taking him at his word that it represented only the most extreme right-wing view in Germany.  I have actually been to Germany, and yes, their view of things are quite different from the political center in the United States.  Educate yourself about the "Overton Window" sometime.

And stop being such a wastrel.

Play nicely, please.

Go ahead and run with scissors if you wish, but please keep the pointy parts pointed at the ground, and not pointed at someone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Play nicely, please.

Go ahead and run with scissors if you wish, but please keep the pointy parts pointed at the ground, and not pointed at someone else.

Who are you referring to, me or Wastral?

4 minutes ago, Okie said:

Who are you referring to, me or Wastral?

Just a general note.  I'm trying to remain impartial as a moderator, and I see a foodfight getting ready to erupt.  So just a gentle reminder to one and all to go ahead and debate fiercely, but personal knocks against others are the low road, not the high road.  Just sayin.